Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2018, 02:38 PM
Addicted Fan

Something I was thinking about earlier today - I find it interesting that everyone says Jordan is so innocent because his parents are the only two people he's ever "known" in his life. Yet, for sixteen years the only people Octavia had ever known were her mother and her brother (who, until this season at least, has always been in a loving, parental role toward her).

Their situations are completely different, of course, but I can't help but wonder how Jordan will react to getting to meet the rest of Spacekru 2.0, not to mention anyone else on the new planet. How much of his innocence will he really retain?
Old 08-14-2018, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think their circumstances are very different, with Octavia having to hide under the floor, with her mom getting floated because she was eventually discovered. The Ark as a whole was a much darker environment to grow up in, so it made Octavia dark (or at least it made her have a strong potential for darkness). I don’t think Jordan has that yet, and I hope he doesn’t develop it.
ICON
Old 08-15-2018, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I'm sure he'll lose his innocence as the new season progresses, but hopefully he won't get bitter/angry/whathaveyou.

I am interested to see Jordan and Octavia's interact though. A big part of my excitement for S6 lays in Jordan's potential.
Old 08-15-2018, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It will be interesting to see what kind of person Jordan is when he's faced with actual issues, danger, people, etc. Right now he's only interacted with his parents and the ship they lived on. After the initial sensory overload, it will be interesting to see what kind of decision-making skills he has, beliefs, etc.

Old 08-15-2018, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope that they won't keep Jordan as the wholly sweet and innocent version of himself that he seems to be now - aka we don't want him to be a Gary Stu.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 08-16-2018, 06:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I doubt he'll remain that way Amelia.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damocles (View Post)
It will be interesting to see what kind of person Jordan is when he's faced with actual issues, danger, people, etc. Right now he's only interacted with his parents and the ship they lived on. After the initial sensory overload, it will be interesting to see what kind of decision-making skills he has, beliefs, etc.
True, it's the what ifs that some of us (well, me at least) had about Wells for example. He wasn't as un-exposed to the world as Jordan is but since he died so early on (once they got to the Ground), we never got to see his beliefs, what role he would play in a situation of conflict/war ... though we got to see that he was brave and stood his ground even if he didn't have anyone backing him. So, it'll be interesting to see how that plays out with Jordan and what role he'll play amongst the core characters.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 09-05-2018, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Finally finished the season, after much of a struggle lmao.

This episode was better than the last but wow, what a disappointing season for me. It started out great and quickly nosedived for me, starting around episode 505. Just.. wow. I cant believe how much I hated this season and all the characters. Literally the only characters I ended up liking after this season were murphy/bellamy/raven/indra. SHOCKER.

The ending with harper/monty was just the cheesiest thing ever and I felt like their SL was just sort of dropped off the end. But i am selfishly glad they are both gone now. I like their son.

Zeke was a disappointment for me and Z/R are boring. Raven turned boring this season too with nothing to do. Murphy was great, but I wanted more of him. Memori zzzzzzz. Im so tired of that relationship. Dont get me started on Becho and Echo.

HATED mom clarke, although I do like Madi. BC had some okay moments at the end but I am sort of over them at this point. Cant stand Octavia. Dont care if he "redeemed" herself at the last minute, she just bugs me as a character now and they really destroyed her this season, same with Abby.

Dont really care about another flashfoward. Its sort of clear the writers have no idea what to do with this show.

I wont be watching this season anytime soon and I wont be watching next season either. maybe after the first 6 episodes ill give it a chance and do a marathon or something. I am hoping this season is a fluke and they fix things next year. UGH, so disappointing.