Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2018, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Amelia, we rank the same episode first and the same episode last.

I have to admit that I hardly remember 5x07, so it’s really hard for me to choose an MVP for that. Also struggled with 5x12.
ICON
Old 08-10-2018, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I honestly flipped some of what I thought happened in 5x07 (which actually happened in 5x08, lol). 5x07 just did not stand out to me.

I kind of figured we'd have the same first and last.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 08-10-2018, 05:27 PM
Total Fan

The best scene on the ship for me was Octavia and Diyoza, I guess. They were by far the two most interesting characters of the season for me. I kinda love a dynamic where two characters are playing a sort of chess match all season but they rarely meet face to face. It gives so much weight to the times when they do directly meet up. It makes me wonder why Diyoza thinks she understands Octavia well enough to know her problem was liking power. What is she basing that on? Kane's opinions? Is she projecting?
Old 08-10-2018, 06:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
It makes me wonder why Diyoza thinks she understands Octavia well enough to know her problem was liking power. What is she basing that on? Kane's opinions? Is she projecting?
I'm sure her view of Octavia is shaped by Kane to some degree, but the finale exchange felt like Diyoza's personal insight into a kindred soul. Whether it's projection or the writers using her as a mouthpiece (to establish something via telling that they should have shown more clearly) is up for interpretation.
Old 08-10-2018, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss the wind (View Post)
I honestly flipped some of what I thought happened in 5x07 (which actually happened in 5x08, lol). 5x07 just did not stand out to me.

I kind of figured we'd have the same first and last.
All I remember about 5x07 is the ending.
ICON
Old 08-10-2018, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Diyoza made a pretty generalized statement to someone she really only directly interacted with for what, an hour? The rest of the season they were separated. She doesn't know Octavia at all, apart from what Kane told her (which was probably a skewed take on Octavia since he's been so crusty all season).

Old 08-11-2018, 06:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

damn i was shocked by this episode, i didn't know what i was going to see since i'm ttaying away from spoilers and stuff but damn, i cried like a baby at harper and monty

i get more and more excited each season, the wait is gonna be long bue damn i love this show

i'm happy we got bellarke back and also the team is together and all
Old 08-11-2018, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Hopefully S6 can give Octavia and Diyoza more interaction.
Old 08-11-2018, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
So what's everyone's favorite scene from before they all got on the ship?
Two more for me :

- Bellamy's speech to Madi about it was her choice on whether she wanted to break the cycle instead of continuing to fight/kill each other. And I LOVED the season 1 throwback and how the camera panned to both Octavia and Miller as he spoke.
- Madi telling Bellamy about Clarke radioing him (finally, he knows).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
Other than the Marper stuff, favorite on the ship scene?
Meeting Jordan (even though I was spoiled for it ) and that final shot of Bellarke comforting each other before they enter yet another unknown world, but this time together. I can understand what Bob meant by this being a good series finale (had the show not been renewed) because that was the perfect shot to end the show if it was the case (also, paralleled the Braven scene in 4X13 as well). Simply beautiful.

I'm ... still not over Monty and Marper's exit from the show. They've both been there from the beginning so it always hits me hard when we lose one of the original characters, especially the delinquents. Such a mixed bag of emotions because I'm SO thrilled that they got to live out their lives in peace and had a family but at the same time, they never got to see their friends again or spend the rest of their lives with their son by their side.

Now, I'm all for protecting the new cinnamon roll, Jordan ... he's never had interaction with anyone but his kind/sweet parents and now, he's entering an entirely new world. I just hope that being on the new planet won't change him or make him disillusioned about humanity.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 08-11-2018, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Jordan is now probably the only truly innocent character on this show. All he knows is hope and love and peace, because that’s what he saw in his parents. That’s what created him.
ICON
Old 08-11-2018, 09:20 AM
Total Fan

Jordan has also been told all of the stories from the first 5 seasons, so he's at least heard about the worst things that can happen to humanity. It's definitely different from experiencing it first hand, but I would imagine that hearing about it all through Marper's perspective would make him very idealistic, but not necessarily naive. Plus Jordan said he had a rebellious phase where Murphy was his favorite. So he's not a complete stranger to darkness.
Old 08-11-2018, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

So how would everyone rank season 5 compared to past seasons?
Old 08-11-2018, 06:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

Best scene other than on the ship—Octavia kneeling to Madi. It was such a relief for her, even if it was also hard to do, and I thought Marie really nailed the emotions of Blodreina letting go of command. Big picture, it’s kind of ridiculous that the last remnants of humanity are led by a pre-teen “Commander,” but in the moment it was an awesome scene.

Best scene on the ship aside from the ending montage—Clarke and Raven work together to bring down McCreary through the badass move of activating Raven’s collar. And more broadly Clarke in general marching in there like a boss and keeping that ship on the ground.
Old 08-11-2018, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
So how would everyone rank season 5 compared to past seasons?
I don’t know. I’ve been thinking about this. It definitely doesn’t pass season 4 for me. But I thought it was better than Season 3. (Season 3 is so conflicting to me, because it has some of my favorite episodes and Bellarke moments, but it also has some of my least favorite episodes and a rough Bellamy storyline.)

And then there’s season 1, which isn’t as deep and as dark as the show gets in the future, but there’s something magical about it.

And season 2 is a lot of people’s favorite, I know, and plot-wise, it really is the best. It has no bad episodes, really, but there are fewer episodes there that are among my favorites, and Bellamy doesn’t really get a storyline until the second half.

I don’t know. Off the top of my head (and this won’t be popular since I put season 2 so low):

Season 4
Season 1
Season 5
Season 2
Season 3 (If it was all like 3B, it’s be a different story.)
ICON
Old 08-12-2018, 12:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

I would rank it this way:

Season 2
Season 1
Season 4
Season 3
Season 5

The main reason why I ranked season 3 over season 5 ultimately is while parts of 3A were a hot mess, at least I connected with the characters and the story developed nicely over the season. And 3X11, 3X13 and 3X15 were simply amazing and still rank for me as one of THE best episodes of the show so far. I was so excited about the first few episodes of season 5 but then it just lost its way in the middle of the season and only recovered in episode 12/13.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit