Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2017, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Paulina, I didn't picture Monty for yours. Nice!
ICON
Old 06-19-2017, 03:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Great lists, Paula and Paulina. And there can never be too much Monty love, I agree.

My favourite parts:

Quote:
He's frustrated me at times and I still think some developments should've been*
written better and/or given more time to develop.
But in the end, he's always come back to being a person I love*
Quote:
That the show has written a strong male character to have feels. And let him cry.
+

Quote:
I also love that Raven is not only a mechanic but the best one and her gender is never mentioned, she's just a mechanic and nobody compares. The girl build a pod from scratch.
Quote:
He's always there for his friends, always tries to make sure they are safe. That's why it was especially heartbreaking to watch him trying to save Jasper this season

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 06-19-2017, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Paula, the same parts that Sarah quoted from your Bellamy post stood out to me as well. God, it's so important for a male character to be written so emotionally.
ICON
Old 06-19-2017, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm so glad that the male characters subvert the trope like they do, and no one even blinks at it.

Doing my list tomorrow (hopefully).

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-19-2017, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty lies (View Post)
I'm so glad that the male characters subvert the trope like they do, and no one even blinks at it.
I really would like this to be mentioned more, by fans, reviewers, the cast, etc.
ICON
Old 06-19-2017, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's really not mentioned enough.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-19-2017, 10:11 AM
Supreme Fan

Day 3: Favorite Earth-born female character:
Echo

x
Echo is definitely not the most moral character or someone who is always easy to admire. In fact almost as often as she makes me proud she makes me shake my head in disappointment. But as a character, I find her really interesting. I genuinely think that if this story were being told from the Azgeda perspective, Echo wouldn’t seem so different from Clarke. While I think she is less bothered by the moral implications of her actions, she has always put loyalty to her people above all else and done everything she can to protect Azgeda. And yes, she’s made some terrible mistakes along the way. And yes, the way she took advantage of Bellamy’s trust in 3x03 was truly awful. I don’t think these things should be overlooked, but I think that just like everyone else, she is so much more than just the worst things she has done.

I read an interview at some point with Tasya that I will probably never be able to find again, but in it she described Echo as childlike. That word jumped out at me right away because it’s certainly not the first adjective that came to my mind. But after reading what Tasya had to say and thinking about it, I think that it really is true in a way. When I think of the way she seems to be intrigued by Bellamy, who is this new person who fell from the sky, or the way she becomes dejected when she tries to the best for her clan but is scolded by Roan, or how she is fearful of going to space but still has that tinge of curiosity, I can see what Tasya is talking about. Also, I don’t know any adults who get their face painted as often as Echo. She’s been a warrior serving a ruthless queen for so much of her life that I think the idea of being a good person is a genuinely new concept to her. I see her as a character that has so much potential to learn and grow. She’s a character who I almost expect to let me down, but I still have hope that she’ll do better. So despite everything, I’m really looking forward to see how she develops more as a character in season 5 and I’ve really enjoyed what we’ve seen of her so far.

Honorable Mentions:
Anya
Luna

Old 06-19-2017, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Look at Marie, the early-bird.

I like what you wrote about Echo, even though I don't . . . like Echo. I could see childlike as a way to describe her, and when you talked about how often she gets her face painted, you cracked me up.
ICON
Old 06-19-2017, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Love your post, Marie! Really interesting point about her childlike ways ... right off the bat, I thought about her reaction to Raven spacewalking, though I never thought of it in that manner before. And I really love what you said here, spot on:

Quote:
She’s been a warrior serving a ruthless queen for so much of her life that I think the idea of being a good person is a genuinely new concept to her.*
I'm not sure if I can fully like/trust her (because of her past betrayals) but I do think that she genuinely regrets it and wants to be better.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-19-2017, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Day Three: Favorite Earth-born Female Character
Commander Lexa kom Trikru

x

This should come as a shock to no one.
I love how we see both the "commander" side directly contrast yet also combine with the actual Lexa part of her.
I personally think that Lexa often didn't even enjoy the burden of her title, but she did it because her people needed her [heavy lies the crown, of course].

Also, despite the fact that she is so polarizing within the fandom,
I think that is part of what makes her interesting.
I was so excited when she chose the "blood must NOT have blood" life.
That showed growth, and yet it wasn't even out of character because, well... people change.
The "blood must have blood" life chose her at one point, but she didn't choose it!
She chose to change things at the risk of losing her clan's trust and also the trust of the rest of the coalition.
That took guts.

So much more I could say... bottom line, I love this iconic and dramatic queen of fashion.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 06-19-2017, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Day 3: Favorite Earth-Born Female

Niylah

It was tough between Niylah and Indra because I like them both and Indra is probably
easier to choose because we know more about her but Indra does have her annoying
moments to me, so I went with Niylah. Honestly there aren't a lot of grounders that I
like and I wouldnt say Niylah is one of my favorite characters but I do like her and am
intrigued with her character. She seems like a nice person that isn't involved in all the
politics and hating the skaikru. She is nurturing at times and I enjoy her interactions
with Clarke and Octavia. I hope to see more of her! [x]

Last edited by Alexa; 06-23-2017 at 05:42 PM
Old 06-19-2017, 09:57 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss the wind (View Post)
That showed growth, and yet it wasn't even out of character because, well... people change.
The "blood must have blood" life chose her at one point, but she didn't choose it!
She chose to change things at the risk of losing her clan's trust and also the trust of the rest of the coalition.
That took guts.
I love what you wrote here, Amelia! This was something I didn't initially appreciate about Lexa as a character, but rewatching her episodes and seeing how other people responded really made me take note of how her decision to pursue peace and the blood must NOT have blood mentality was a really impressive and brave one.

And Alexa, I love that you chose Niylah! This category lends itself well to giving some of the side characters some love
Old 06-20-2017, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lots of variety on this one.

Amelia's is, of course, no shock. Cool gifs! And I think you're right that she didn't enjoy the commander title, but she upheld it because it was bestowed upon her when she won that conclave.

Alexa, you must have a thing for the Harmon siblings or something. I like Niylah, though, too. I mean, tbh, I don't really know a whole lot about her, but yeah, she's nice. I'm really eager to see how she and Octavia have bonded in their six years in the bunker. I always thought their interactions seemed so natural.

Mine will be much less pretty this time than the Bellamy post was.

ETA: Hey, random, but I was looking ahead at the topics and wondering, could we clarify Day 10: Best Fight? Does that mean just best physical fight, or are we including arguments, too?
ICON

Last edited by April7739; 06-20-2017 at 03:35 PM
Old 06-20-2017, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Great picks, Amelia and Alexa!

Quote:
I'm not the biggest Lexa fan but I did appreciate this about her characterisation. And she did take a huge chance trying to effect that because her people had not known anything else at that point.

Alexa, that is an interesting pick. But yes, we don't know much about her but I like that she calls things as it is but yet isn't antagonistic towards the Arkers though she really does have a valid reason to be angry with them (particularly Bellamy).

Quote:
This category lends itself well to giving some of the side characters some love
Me too.

I was just thinking of my pick for day 3 and excited to post it, since it's a character which hasn't been mentioned here so far.

April, I think that it should be both? But we can wait for Paulina to clarify it.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-20-2017, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think it could be either for sure, but I already know which one I'm gonna pick.

Quote:
Alexa, you must have a thing for the Harmon siblings or something.
Well....