Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2020, 11:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)

You bring up a good point on the Becho/Clarke reactions. First one was maybe a bit of jealousy/sadness mixed with shock at realising that Becho were together, but second one was definitely a fair bit of devastation as Clarke looked at Becho saying goodbye. She looked so sad, I just wanted to hug her. And the way that Bellamy slowly realised that Clarke was looking at him, looked up at her and she immediately averted her eyes (as if she knew how it would look, to him).

Sarah, I do not think we'll ever see the CPR scene script for exactly the reason you stated. But it was acted in a way that perfectly showed their (romantic) feelings for each other, so I'm ok with never seeing that spelled out in writing.

Re becho, yes I definitely took the first scene as more shock/ surprise (not a happy surprise from her look) but the second was definitely more pronounced. Again, SO well acted by Eliza

All the emotions that went through her in that moment, they showed on her face and it was heartbreaking.

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon
Old 10-14-2020, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I guess we couldn't have a Validation! thread title, right?
Old 10-14-2020, 05:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanIcallYouKate (View Post)
Sarah, I do not think we'll ever see the CPR scene script for exactly the reason you stated. But it was acted in a way that perfectly showed their (romantic) feelings for each other, so I'm ok with never seeing that spelled out in writing.

Re becho, yes I definitely took the first scene as more shock/ surprise (not a happy surprise from her look) but the second was definitely more pronounced. Again, SO well acted by Eliza
Same, honestly I think that was the first scene which was almost explicitly romantic and we know it, and that’s all that matters.

She did amazing, it just showed all the mixed emotions running through her at that time. I don’t see why they had to show us her reaction to Becho a second time if it was not meant to imply anything.

4x13 supremacy, I love that Bob ad libbed the face caress:

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 10-14-2020, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He ad-libbed the face caress?

Kate, it's good to have you back.

So . . . we're using Bob's various quotes as our future thread titles, correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallor8 (View Post)
That's what I don't get. Bellamy and Clarke being written as romantic...doesn't invalidate Lexa. What is going on here with people? Clarke loved Lexa, that's not in dispute. Do they think a widow who remarries has stopped loving their first spouse?
It's literally all we have, this validation that we didn't even really need because we always knew it was true. But yeah, our fandom can and definitely should celebrate this, because after years of gaslighting by the showrunner and plenty of other people involved . . . dammit, we deserve to feel good about something for once.

Quote:
It's a little disappointing to see, after how carefully this thread addresses Lexa-related matters, that other threads are rife with pot shots and jeers at both fellow fans and the actors themselves.
Par for the course on any social platform, it seems.

Quote:
And put me down in the column of ppl not understanding why there needs to be a negation of other relationships either.
Yeah, there totally doesn't need to be.

Quote:
nobody said Lexa didn't matter or that Clarke didn't love her.

Whether she was Clarke's greatest love is totally up for interpretation
Exactly. I'm never going to interpret that relationship as Clarke's greatest love. I don't think Lexa brought out the best in Clarke (although I do think Clarke brought out the best in Lexa). Although there was chemistry and the story had potential, I just didn't think they took enough time to develop it to sell it as Clarke's greatest love. But I have no problem if people do interpret it that way. So I don't know why people still get so up in arms when someone dares to say, "No, I think Bellamy was her greatest love, and the show threw it away in season 7 out of spite." And if people watch Bellarke scenes and still don't interpret it romantically, even after what Bob said, that's fine, too. They don't have to interpret it in any certain way. But this whole notion of "Bob's lying and doesn't know what he's talking about" is, like, so nuts to me. Um . . . he played the character this whole time. He was the one who got the direction. He ****ing knows what he was told. So I think people might find it a lot easier if they just acknowledged that Bellarke was a romantic ship, but that it just wasn't romantic to them. I'm at peace acknowledging that Clexa was a love story. It just wasn't THE love story to me. Simple as that.

You know what? Ultimately, I think some people just can't handle the fact that shippers were smart, astute viewers this whole time. Stay condescending about it, I guess. Idk.

Quote:
I agree, Sarah, expecting Clarke to die alone because of someone she knew for two weeks, loved and lost would be too cruel a fate. I also seriously doubt Lexa would have ever wanted such a life for Clarke. If you love someone, you want them to be happy after you are gone, right?
I hate that season 7 made Clarke so unrecognizable to me that I didn't even care if she lived or died at the end. But prior to season 7, I was hoping that they both would live. And when it became apparent that Bellamy wasn't going to, I still wanted Clarke to live. Because yeah, that's what Bellamy would want.

Oh, I think I know what he was talking about here.
ICON
Old 10-14-2020, 06:33 PM
Elite Fan

I told Chelsey that season 7 wasn’t kind to any character. All were walking talking robots that looked the same. Not a character trait was present from the previous six seasons., And while I’ll forever be bitter about Bellarke, not one person was treated true to form.

The characters only became center pieces to a stupid a$$ plot that made no sense in the end. The show weren’t serving the characters we grew to love, they were serving confusing made up plot. Who cares if it made sense? Apparently a Jason. They got to become floaty light statues. If that’s happiness, no thanks. So dumb.
Old 10-14-2020, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by loppabelle (View Post)
I told Chelsey that season 7 wasn’t kind to any character. All were walking talking robots that looked the same. Not a character trait was present from the previous six seasons., And while I’ll forever be bitter about Bellarke, not one person was treated true to form.

The characters only became center pieces to a stupid a$$ plot that made no sense in the end. The show weren’t serving the characters we grew to love, they were serving confusing made up plot. Who cares if it made sense? Apparently a Jason. They got to become floaty light statues. If that’s happiness, no thanks. So dumb.
Exactly. Every single one of them may as well have been one of those aliens from the finale, because not one of them was truly themselves. (Well, okay, I'm sure someone was, like Emori, but you get what I mean.) God, they even hollowed out Octavia, which is so weird. I never thought that would happen.
ICON
Old 10-14-2020, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sharon!

More to say later (of course ) but I will never acknowledge season 7 Bellarke as canon, it just went against everything we knew and loved about their relationship in the previous 6 seasons. Nonsense. I did like the overall angst in their fight scene and initial joy that Clarke has (when she realised he was alive) but that’s it.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 10-14-2020, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I literally only enjoyed one episode out of season 7 (out of the half of them that I watched. ) And that's, unsurprisingly, 7x11.
ICON
Old 10-14-2020, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

I liked it too but knowing how it ends, I still can’t bring myself to rewatch.

Oh April, forgot to answer you on the face caress - from what I’ve read, I think Bob said that he ad-libbed it and that’s why you can see a slight look of surprise on Eliza’s face when he did it. Can’t find the source now though.

Love and miss their hand touch moments :

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 10-15-2020, 12:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
I guess we couldn't have a Validation! thread title, right?
Oh Kate, we totally should, why can't we?

Sarah, the spontaneous face-caress is everything. I know you told me this a while back but rewatchign the scene since then, it made it so much better even. 4x13 was a gift *chef's kiss*

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)

Kate, it's good to have you back.
Heya April
Yeah it is

Yeah, it boggles the mind why there is such a violent backlash to Bob's comment, doesn't it? I personally do not see Lexa as her greatest love either, simply because a very short-lived romance you had with someone you knew when you were 18 usually is not defining the entire rest of your life. Sure there are exceptions and forgive me if I am callous, but carrying a torch for someone you dated as a teenager is such a middle aged male perspective. I know not a single woman like that. Usually you grow up and realize that you idolized something that never had the chance to be tainted, had all the possibility and hopes and dreams projected onto it. You know? What I am saying is I find it 1. improbable that this was the ONE greatest love in her life when we watched her be in love with Bellamy for years, acknowledged or not 2. it is such an incredibly sad and bleak outlook on the human existence to say that there is this very short period in Clarke's life when she had a romantic encounter with another person, whom she loved and then the rest of her life has to be misery devoid of any love. Sorry but that is just pathetic writing and a pathetic view of life.

Sarah hand-touching is my kryptonite

Old 10-15-2020, 01:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh I forgot to say that yes, we should definitely have a title like that. Maybe something to the point like “Vindication. *insert Captain Holt GIF here*” My fellow Brooklyn Nine Nine fans would know.

Quote:
Yeah, it boggles the mind why there is such a violent backlash to Bob's comment, doesn't it? I personally do not see Lexa as her greatest love either, simply because a very short-lived romance you had with someone you knew when you were 18 usually is not defining the entire rest of your life. Sure there are exceptions and forgive me if I am callous, but carrying a torch for someone you dated as a teenager is such a middle aged male perspective. I know not a single woman like that. Usually you grow up and realize that you idolized something that never had the chance to be tainted, had all the possibility and hopes and dreams projected onto it. You know? What I am saying is I find it 1. improbable that this was the ONE greatest love in her life when we watched her be in love with Bellamy for years, acknowledged or not 2. it is such an incredibly sad and bleak outlook on the human existence to say that there is this very short period in Clarke's life when she had a romantic encounter with another person, whom she loved and then the rest of her life has to be misery devoid of any love. Sorry but that is just pathetic writing and a pathetic view of life.

Sarah hand-touching is my kryptonite
Well said, Kate. Especially love what you said in the bolded parts and I love how we can have an intelligent discussion about the opposing ships without bashing or belittling them which often happens on social media, sadly.

It is bleak ... I too find it a sad and disturbing message to say that if you have feelings or loved someone for a brief period of time, you can’t end up or find love with someone else. I actually think Clarke might have feelings for Bellamy first before Lexa even appeared, and when she did ... that it’s possible that she had feelings for both of them at the same time even - but it was never realised with Bellamy. Lexa made the first move, perhaps that triggered Clarke to realise feelings for her whereas Bellamy (deep sigh) was maybe in denial or was too scared to make a move. So, that “step” with Bellamy never happened but it very well could have.

I don’t believe that Lexa was her greatest love either, I believe it could have been Bellamy if they actually talked about their damn feelings and processed how they felt about each other. Clearly, the bond was there and they knew that they loved and cared for each other (Bellamy finally verbalised it as much in s7) but that they never thought about whether that love was romantic in nature. To me, it definitely was.

Me too.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 10-15-2020, 01:57 AM
Elite Fan

yeah, I should have maybe made it clearer that I am not trying to say that Clarke didn't love Lexa or question the depth of her feelings. I accept all of that.

I just don't think she was her one and only true love.

I mean if I get that correctly then what was stated on the show was that in Cadogan's case (Callie-faced test!bot) specifically it was a combination of the three possibilities 1. greatest love 2. greatest teacher 3. greatest failure, so we know Lexa-faced test!bot was one of these three, it hasn't been explicitly stated which one, right?

Look at this pretty gifset, man it's giving me all the feels. It is so well done

source

also apologies if this has been posted before, I'm a bit out of the loop

Old 10-15-2020, 02:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Don’t worry, I got what you were saying. And actually, I accept that Clarke loved Lexa but I do not agree with the general perception of how in depth that love ran. But that’s just my opinion.

Hmm, I didn’t watch but I think that you could be right about test!Lexa. I feel like it was deduced that she appeared as her greatest love but who is to say that it wasn’t to represent her greatest failure instead?

Wow, that set is amazing. Such talent, honestly. Not sure if it was posted before but lovely to see it, in any case.

Some cute Beliza stuff :

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 10-15-2020, 03:34 AM
Elite Fan

LMAO at their twitter banter back then.

I feel like they were very flirty back then. There must have been sth going on, right?

Old 10-15-2020, 04:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

That’s the general idea, yes. Only Beliza and some castmembers know, I suppose. Ahh, the era of late 2014/2015 when they were super flirty on Twitter.

Still breaks my heart that it ended this way, after everything :

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won