Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2020, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I stay in my bubble so I don't ever have to deal with people and their BS about our ship.
Old 10-13-2020, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Kate, wish that I could do that but I can’t.

Ugh, phone posting sucks when you’re rushing and want to say a lot. More to say later but for now:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
I see, no wonder you're all so happy.

This doesn't even surprise me, I always understood why people shipped them, they had a lot of scenes that showed a deep connection. Never understood the need to tell those fans they misunderstood scenes. A scene doesn't even have to be intended to be romantic by the author for people to view it as such or want to see romance. The basis for shipping was right there, I think Jason never really understood the concept of shipping tbh.
Well said, Paulina. Always appreciate your views on this since I know you don’t ship them romantically so the fact that it’s also apparent (even if you just prefer them as friends) is nice to hear. Scenes are there to be interpreted however we want, I just never understood why some people take issue with that. And Bellarke certainly had a lot of romantically charged scenes IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)

It's weird. If Bellarke is such a non-romantic ship, why get all riled up about Bob confirming the obvious? This is our fandom's one win, so don't let anyone take it away from you. Could there be more small victories to come in the future? Oh, yeah, for sure. But for now, this validation in and of itself is something to celebrate for sure.
It weirds me out too. Clarke is allowed to have multiple love interests especially the one who knows her the best. Just the truth. And it doesn’t invalidate her sexuality or take away from the romantic relationships that she did have. Bellarke was just proven to be a viable romantic ship and had feelings for each other. That’s it.

I take it back, I seriously don’t appreciate comments flat out saying that Bob is lying about this, or trying to placate Bellarkers. He’s never been anything but honest with fans, the only one apart from Eliza who has never led fans on. This is not our first rodeo, we know what Jason/TPTB is like and Bob has more credibility in this scenario. I’m thinking that he just could never say this before his NDA expired so now, we are getting the unfiltered truth.

Also, these two tweets indicating Bob’s feelings on this way back:

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 10-14-2020 at 04:37 AM
Old 10-13-2020, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Bob and Eliza did their jobs DAMN WELL, because I've sure as hell never seen any relationship like Bellarke on screen ever before. And I doubt I ever will again. God, I'm so excited to hopefully see them do more acting together in the future. I hope that they are able to film whatever short it was that Bob wrote. That'd be cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
It weirds me out too. Clarke is allowed to have multiple love interests especially the one who knows her the best. Just the truth. And it doesn’t invalidate her sexuality or take away from the romantic relationships that she did have. Bellarke was just proven to be a viable romantic ship and had feelings for each other. That’s it.
It's hard for me, too, because I've just never bought into the Clexa love story. But I can still acknowledge that this is how the show has presented it to us. I personally don't (never have and never will) interpret Lexa as Clarke's greatest love, but I can still acknowledge the love there. I don't know why it's seemingly so hard for non-Bellarkers to extend that same acknowledgement to Bellarke, but whatever. Ultimately, it really doesn't matter, I suppose.

Quote:
I take it back, I seriously don’t appreciate comments flat out saying that Bob is lying about this, or trying to placate Bellarkers. He’s never been anything but honest with fans, the only one apart from Eliza who has never led fans on. This is not our first rodeo, we know what Jason/TPTB is like and Bob has more credibility in this scenario. I’m thinking that he just could never say this before his NDA expired so now, we are getting the unfiltered truth.
I have to laugh, honestly. Bob has the reputation of being the cast member who has ALWAYS been the most upfront and honest with fans. He's definitely had to walk on eggshells in the past, with what he's been allowed to say versus what he hasn't been allowed to say, but that's not the case anymore. And it's not like he's out there trashing any other ships. He's just saying the facts and saying them respectfully: It was written that way, and he and Eliza were told to act it that way, so they did. And even if he ever does say something just to placate Bellarkers . . . um, so what? Nobody knows the Bellarkers better than Bob Morley. Nobody's met and bonded with more Bellarkers than he has. Of course the man cares about us and hates that we were led on so much, and probably really resents the fact that Jason used him and Eliza to do it.

Honestly, though, a lot of these people are the same people on Twitter who were kissing Isaiah Washington's ass today, and that man is a blatant homophobe and racist, so . . . again, I have to laugh.
ICON

Last edited by April7739; 10-13-2020 at 07:57 PM
Old 10-13-2020, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well said, April. Again, more to say later but we were so blessed to get Beliza to play Bellarke. Of course, the ship is well written in general but the level of care and dedication and just beautiful acting that they both did (and no wonder, Bob said that Eliza is his favourite acting partner) ... so grateful.

I really don’t understand the need to put down Bellarke in support of another ship and the level of vitriol thrown onto them. Acknowledging that Bellarke were an important relationship in the show (this is literally a fact? Even Jason said that before - even though he seems to have forgotten that ) doesn’t invalidate the existing and/or importance of the other ships that they’re involved in.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 10-13-2020, 08:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

That's what I don't get. Bellamy and Clarke being written as romantic...doesn't invalidate Lexa. What is going on here with people? Clarke loved Lexa, that's not in dispute. Do they think a widow who remarries has stopped loving their first spouse?

It's a little disappointing to see, after how carefully this thread addresses Lexa-related matters, that other threads are rife with pot shots and jeers at both fellow fans and the actors themselves.

It's kind of a microcosm of "The 100" in terms of fan tribalism. Did we learn nothing from the show lol.
Old 10-13-2020, 09:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallor8 (View Post)
That's what I don't get. Bellamy and Clarke being written as romantic...doesn't invalidate Lexa. What is going on here with people? Clarke loved Lexa, that's not in dispute. Do they think a widow who remarries has stopped loving their first spouse?

It's a little disappointing to see, after how carefully this thread addresses Lexa-related matters, that other threads are rife with pot shots and jeers at both fellow fans and the actors themselves.
Apparently so. Especially considering that Clarke knew Lexa for like 2 weeks when she was 18 years old. Is she supposed to stay alone forever until she dies and can “join” Lexa in the afterlife? I wouldn’t expect Clarke to do that if she was with Bellamy and he eventually died.

I know what you mean, it’s very very frustrating but I just try to remind myself and others here to be the bigger person here, to not stoop to a certain level or berate others for not sharing the same opinions as me, not bashing the cast/characters etc.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 10-13-2020, 10:48 PM
Elite Fan

Kallor, that is such an astute observation

Tribalism is indeed very prevalent in the fandom, unfortunately...

And put me down in the column of ppl not understanding why there needs to be a negation of other relationships either.

This is BLM / all lives matter all over again. Nobody said other lives don't matter, nobody said Lexa didn't matter or that Clarke didn't love her.

Whether she was Clarke's greatest love is totally up for interpretation

I agree, Sarah, expecting Clarke to die alone because of someone she knew for two weeks, loved and lost would be too cruel a fate. I also seriously doubt Lexa would have ever wanted such a life for Clarke. If you love someone, you want them to be happy after you are gone, right?

I am still enjoying the mood boost from finally getting validation that bellarkers did not in fact delude themselves

From the notes in the script about longing glances as far back as s01 to Bellamy completely forgetting about everything in order to rescue Clarke in s06, they were written to be romantic and we always knew it

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon
Old 10-14-2020, 12:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Kate ... I agree, I just think it’s unhealthy to promote the idea of there being one person that you love your entire life. The be all and end all, how is that not a sad ending for someone who lost someone that he/she loved? Clarke can love more than one person at once, or at least have feelings for multiple people at one time.

Lexa wouldn’t have wanted Clarke to remain alone the rest of her life, if she truly loved her. Honestly, it’s selfish to hope otherwise. She would want Clarke to be with someone who loved, would do anything to protect her. And that was Bellamy, for Clarke. Makes me sick as to how that is being disregarded by parts of the fandom and him being laughed at, for simply trying to help those that he loved.

I’m still on that high too, love that for us. It’s been a painful few weeks but this does make it feel a bit better. So, I refuse to let some online vitriol ruin that feeling. No way.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 10-14-2020, 01:10 AM
Elite Fan

Sarah

I have not opened tumblr in ages but just came across this massive, beautifully colored set they were written as romantic - Bob Morley This is making me so nostalgic

Old 10-14-2020, 01:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

That is utterly gorgeous ... thanks for sharing, Kate.

This is salty so not appropriate to be posted entirely on FF but I’m just going to leave this link right here. It’s my mutual on Twitter and boy, she doesn’t mince her words.

Salt and truth bombs

The romantically charged scenes that we were discussing just yesterday, succinctly explained in this one picture :

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 10-14-2020, 02:53 AM
Elite Fan

Sarah, thanks for the salty tumblr post

And yes to that tweet! I have been so damaged by years in this fandom that I feel almost apologetic in pointing out that all these were DELIBERATE choices by the writers, directors, actors.

We did not interpret these characters to validate the feelings between bellarke. They were written this way, they acted it this way. Richard *knew* what he was hinting at when he said that line, Marie *knew* what she was telling her on screen brother, when she said that line...

Directors knew what it meant to blur out the becho kiss and show us Clarke's reaction and again later a second time, to just really hammer it home.

A million and one deliberate choices over the years!

Old 10-14-2020, 04:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have to get up and go here, so more to say later! But this validation for the fandom is a great feeling (not that we needed it, but it’s great to finally be respected enough to be told the truth). And it makes the baiting even more obvious now, so no one gets to tell us we weren’t baited. Love it.

Anyway, have a great day, everyone!
ICON
Old 10-14-2020, 04:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

April, we were baited. Period. Not even sure why it’s a point of argument (still) since Jason himself admitted to putting things out there without the intention of following through and now, Bob’s confirmation.

Kate, IKR? I absolutely feel the same way. How terrible is it that we saw what we were meant to see but were constantly told that we were wrong, and now to find out that we were SPOT ON in our interpretation of this relationship, their scenes etc. Also, not forgetting the MULTIPLE fade out sequences throughout the show – what is that all about, if not to show that they are intertwined with each other? Or at least, their stories are? Especially this scene, fadeout and then Bellamy said this (and Jason confirmed himself that this quote relates to Bellarke) :

And yes, the actors knew it because it was in the script, the direction etc. Just … wow. Which is why I feel like they’ll never release the CPR scene script, I feel like it would be blatantly romantic given how Bellarke played it. Bellamy’s utter desperation and NEED to save Clarke (“I need you.” rather than “We need you.”, and “I can’t lose you again.”) and Clarke’s interesting look at Bellamy the moment that she woke up.

You bring up a good point on the Becho/Clarke reactions. First one was maybe a bit of jealousy/sadness mixed with shock at realising that Becho were together, but second one was definitely a fair bit of devastation as Clarke looked at Becho saying goodbye. She looked so sad, I just wanted to hug her. And the way that Bellamy slowly realised that Clarke was looking at him, looked up at her and she immediately averted her eyes (as if she knew how it would look, to him).

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 10-14-2020 at 04:35 AM
Old 10-14-2020, 06:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

https://bellamysgriffin.tumblr.com/p...nse-if-they-at
Old 10-14-2020, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Thanks, Paulina. I really appreciate that. I've never understood why people feel the need to tell Bellarke shippers how wrong they are and that they're misinterpreting. Like, I was never a Clexa shipper, but if you are, great! Enjoy it! I think a big part of the problem, though, is that it started from the top and trickled downward. Jason made his attitude towards Bellarke fans known very early on, and it emboldened a lot of people to feel like they could adopt that same attitude and constantly talk down to us. And that's just, simply put, not nice.
Sadly, probably true. The disrespect and condescending tone came from the very top, so no wonder some fans feel like it's fine to act like bullies and mock Bellarkers. As if we haven't suffered enough. Lovely.

LOVE that set, Kate. Wow, fans work fast.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won