Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-15-2016, 03:23 PM
Ultimate Fan

I just rewatch Day Trip and after they kill Dax and sit down by the tree, Clarke asks Bellamy "Are you Okay" just like she did in this episode.
Old 04-15-2016, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

THEY'RE NOT OKAY! WE'RE NOT OKAY!

I just re-watched the episode and posted some extended thoughts (way extended ) in the episode thread, if anyone's interested.

^Who knew eyes could do so much talking?
Seriously, the amount of eye convos in this episode was staggering.
ICON
Old 04-15-2016, 03:36 PM
Elite Fan

They have been she talking as long as Bellarke has been around.

Old 04-15-2016, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Reminds me of the episode title we had a while back (one you coined, Lee), something about "They say so much without saying anything at all."
ICON
Old 04-15-2016, 03:53 PM
Ultimate Fan

So parallels to Day Trip.

- Bellamy is confronted with his sins

- Clarke asks if he is okay.
Day Trip: "no, I'm not"
Nevermore: "fine"

- He opens up to her and she heals him
Day Trip: I'm a monster - I forgive you
Nevermore: Not a good guy - maybe there are no good guys
Old 04-15-2016, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So many parallels in this episode! So much . . . JUST SO MUCH!

Trying to narrow down my favorite scene in the episode . . . and I CAN'T DO IT!

It might be this one?

Is anyone else having this problem?
ICON
Old 04-15-2016, 04:09 PM
Elite Fan

So many parallels CAN NO COMPUTE.Yes April, it reminds me of that title too. Since it was soo true in this episode.

Old 04-15-2016, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

BELLAKE REVIEW

^Nice read.

Happy to see the Bellarke fandom's still lit AF on Tumblr today!
ICON
Old 04-15-2016, 04:36 PM
Passionate Fan

I honestly don't see the knight and the princess like that. He behaves in a very protective way towards her, he's always guarding her surroundings, he was once a guard, she was once their "princess" (regarding social privilege, not leadership). They are equals, it's just their dynamic that has a lot to do with him being her knight. Not because she's superior, but because he behaves like one, always having her back, always taking care of her from afar. 3x12 pics have this, 3x02 has this, 3x11 has it. Of course Alie used it to mock his blind and hopeless devotion to him, but it's not offensive for itself. They're equals and a knight and his queen at the same time. Around delinquents and adults they tend to take decisions together, they are leaders, they are mom and dad. When it comes to them, not to the others, though, he is and will always be her knight. They are equal and co-leaders, but he protects her with his life, as if she were his queen. He is Gustus towards her, but a leader to everyone else. He is her partner, to her, but she is the Lexa to his Gustus. Also, how she likes negotiating and he is the motivator. She usually takes over the political stuff, while he brings the people. She is the strategical one, he is the protective older brother. In politics, we have chief of govern and chief of state. She represents the political part of it and he represents the power of moving masses. Take Obama, for example. He's got all the politics to deal with, and he's got the masses to conquer. He can't do his politics without the support of his people, and can't rule with only the people's support. So, as Clarke takes over the ambassadorship, Bellamy stands beside her, or slightly behind, watching her every move and every surrounding. What's wrong with that?
"Because I love you, you idiot!"
Old 04-15-2016, 04:53 PM
Supreme Fan

I like your take on it AnaMack, if the queen/knight thing was just their own personal dynamic, but it's been given a bad taint, especially this season, with Jason trying to say Bellamy is a follower and Clarke is a leader, in general. He's been trying to erase the co-leaders thing since Season 2, I suspect because he was trying to prop up Lexa and Clarke as the leaders who are equal to each other, with everyone else beneath them. So, there's many things to dislike about that.

I think Clarke and Lexa is the duo that's actually unequal with an unhealthy superior/inferior dynamic, but that's another story.

Anyway, I just really prefer Bellarke being described as the head and the heart, which I think is so perfect for them. The head and the heart bring different strengths to the table, but neither can function without the other. Like... Lexa got a different bodyguard to replace Gustus, but Clarke could not replace Bellamy. He is much more than that.

I know we already got acknowledgement on screen this season that Bellamy doesn't function as well without Clarke, but I would LOVE if they reveal the opposite is true, Clarke can't function as well without Bellamy either. It feels like the natural next step after ALIE used the queen/knight dynamic in such a negative way. Clarke has to prove her wrong at some point. Or maybe it's just wishful thinking.
Old 04-15-2016, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I tend to see it more the way you do, Ana. As I said last night . . . knights are ****ing awesome! But I still really liked the whole review I posted, because it was fun to read through the reviewers excitement!

And I think that Bellamy might feel insecure about being the "little knight" as RavALIE put it (even though, really, it's something he could/should take pride in). And Clarke overheard it, so now she might be better able to understand that insecurity and some of that anger and resentment that manifested in him during their argument in 3x05. But replace the world "little" with a more appropriate word like "brave" or "loyal," and the sentence takes on a whole new meaning and is far more accurate. But of course RavALIE wouldn't use one of those words!

THIS ONE is fun to read through, too. Again, it's just fun to read through the reviewer's excitement, even if you don't necessarily agree with every single opinion or interpretation.
ICON
Old 04-15-2016, 04:57 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
BELLAKE REVIEW

^Nice read.

Happy to see the Bellarke fandom's still lit AF on Tumblr today!
I always read what Natalie and Meg writes. Also Rosy. They have very good insights.
Old 04-15-2016, 05:12 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinedechagny (View Post)
I like your take on it AnaMack, if the queen/knight thing was just their own personal dynamic, but it's been given a bad taint, especially this season, with Jason trying to say Bellamy is a follower and Clarke is a leader, in general. He's been trying to erase the co-leaders thing since Season 2, I suspect because he was trying to prop up Lexa and Clarke as the leaders who are equal to each other, with everyone else beneath them. So, there's many things to dislike about that.
A pretty valid point.
Probably, he's been a Lexa trash, but also, that's what Bellamy believes. First of all, he's still not over what he's done in MW, he's not comfortable with himself, so he's also delegating his power, taking others' orders instead. The thing is, as much as Alie and himself may think he's a follower, he's not. He is devoted. He's a devoted rebel who's lost his entire confidence in himself and the very few people who could change his mind were either not there or blaming him too. I get how Jason has put his leadership a bit aside with the whole clexa dynamic (another reason to dislike it) and also to silence the shippers. He's as self assured as Bellamy. His ego needs this. He has to mistreat us so that his ideas aren't figured out, so that no one dares to say he's doing what we want. I'm like that. If I'm heading towards a shop to buy a bread and someone demands I buy said bread, I stop it right away. As much as it was my original idea, I just can't take it being interpreted as me following orders. Anyway, Alie and Jason trying to make him look like a follower ain't enough to me. Bellamy was never one. He's delegated his position out of fear for screwing up bigger time and is completely devoted to those he loves.

Before it gets misunderstood, 'cause it happens a lot with me. I'm just giving my opinion back because I love talking about it and not to prove your point or mine this or that

Quote:
I think Clarke and Lexa is the duo that's actually unequal with an unhealthy superior/inferior dynamic, but that's another story.
Same! In fact, the parallel between 3x03 and 3x11 says a lot. One of the scenes had both taking care of each other and one had a one sided healing and a one sided crush. In fact, doesn't it seem as if Lexa is usually trying to control Clarke and vice-versa, whenever you watch their scenes? You don't have this with Bellarke. That's why Clarke was able to manipulate Lexa, but not him (3x05 parallels exactly this).

Quote:
Anyway, I just really prefer Bellarke being described as the head and the heart, which I think is so perfect for them. The head and the heart bring different strengths to the table, but neither can function without the other. Like... Lexa got a different bodyguard to replace Gustus, but Clarke could not replace Bellamy. He is much more than that.
AND THE HANDS!!! Don't forget the hands!!! Anyway, lol, I was talking in the sense of how Bellamy sees her. She doesn't see him as his Gustus at all, he's the one who is devoted to her as Gustus to Lexa. The difference is that Clarke is devoted to him too, while Lexa and Gustus was as onesided as oc clexa (not the fanservice ****).

Quote:
I know we already got acknowledgement on screen this season that Bellamy doesn't function as well without Clarke, but I would LOVE if they reveal the opposite is true, Clarke can't function as well without Bellamy either. It feels like the natural next step after ALIE used the queen/knight dynamic in such a negative way. Clarke has to prove her wrong at some point. Or maybe it's just wishful thinking.
I believe they have. I mean, one of the worst things she ever done, in my opinion, happened to be done whilst Bellamy was away. Without Bellamy by her, she kept running away from her ghosts. She was basically unguarded at Polis, she put herself in danger with Nia... But more than his absence, Lexa's presence was such a huge problem for Clarke's character and development... While Bellamy's presence builds her up and brings us the best out of her. As opposed to it, she is weakened by his absence. She was fully ooc at times this season. Even more so than he was.

Anyway, god I love discussing characters and their relationships...

Quote:
- Bellarke are just casually making plans, having a pow wow. Normal things. Jasper goes off, and once again…DAD BELLAMY STEPS IN AND TELLS HIM TO STOP BEING MEAN TO MOM. TAKE A BREAK SON.
NOW THIS Natalie's review was on point!
"Because I love you, you idiot!"
Old 04-15-2016, 05:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
Daily reminder that Bellamy's feelings and devotion for Clarke were acknowledged in 3x11.
I will never be over this. It is CANON now that those words were actually spoken out loud and Clarke heard every single one of them. I will be surprised if they don't have a conversation about it by the end of the season.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
Old 04-15-2016, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This one, guys. THIS ONE!

I think I need an icon of this one! So in sync. So silently communicative. I just can't!
ICON