Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Elite Fan

Liz has already said her piece over twitter before she was cut off. Its up to people to choose to believe her or not. Liz's actions on Facebook, the things she says in interviews, and her rebellion is enough to tell me that they've screwed her over.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:24 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBoBBB (View Post)
The CW may have made a lot of demands for changes in LU but I wonder just how specific they were with the storylines?? Did they specifically say that Cate should lose her job at the station or was that Liz' choice to create drama?? Did the CW demand that Cate get pregnant or was that Liz's choice?? Did the CW demand that Lux start dating a teacher or was that Liz' choice?? How about the bar getting torched?? Emma?? The list goes on and on. Reduce the Cate/Baze interaction, throw in more characters, but how specific were they in demanding specific storylines.

Some of the storylines that we've been given this year were stories that Liz herself had said she was going to explore. A lot of fans thought the wedding of Cate and Ryan was a big mistake for the series and that's all on Liz. That was her plan from the pilot.

I know that the CW interfered in the running of the show but how much?? I know that fans really, really, really want all of this season's problems to be caused by The CW but were they??
What Liz has said is that the CW made them change things at the radio station and create controversy. So I guess Liz had to think of something. What would make controversy. Okay one of them loses their job??
She also said she wasn't allowed to write alot about Cate and Baze for whatever reason the CW wanted less of that dynamic. So I guess she had to make something work between Cate and Ryan and create a relationship for Baze.
I don't doubt that Liz had things in mind and I don't doubt some of these storylines were the work of her and the other writers. But I believe that her focus and I can't really speak for her but I feel like she knew the fans always wanted CB and that if she knew that this was gonna be the road she wouldn't have taken it so far with these other relationships.
I think she was at a loss. It was do what the CW wanted or don't have a show. I don't blame her for taking a chance and trying to do what she wanted but at the same time giving the CW what they were asking for too.
I think she's in a no win situation. Damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. But for me even though I was unhappy with many of the storylines I felt like she explained herself enough to us to make us realize that some of it was out of her control. And I do believe if she had the chance to do it over w/out the CW's input she probably would have knowing what she knows now.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree that Liz has definitely explained herself enough to the fans and we should just stop questioning her judgement on everything cause we will never really know the exact truth on everything but so what. Okay some storylines weren't what the majority of fans wanted this year but there are still people out there that enjoyed them so I don't Liz made any mistakes. She did her best with what she was given and the constraints she had and I personally think she did a damn good job and while this season wasn't as good as the first I still loved every moment of it.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Elite Fan

I'd like to kindly ask that rants or any venting about the direction of the show or anything of the sort be taken to the Rant Thread from now on to avoid upsetting anymore posters. Everyone has an opinion and has every right to express them. Thanks.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:40 AM
Master Fan

A rant thread is a really great idea.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:21 AM
Total Fan

oh the rant thread is a great idea!
Old 01-11-2011, 06:25 AM
Elite Fan

Topping this once more since tonight is a rerun of Stand Taken.

Who is rewatching tonight? I most likely will since last time Joy and I got extra caught up in conversing on Twitter rather than here and Id like to discuss with you guys
Old 01-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just watched this episode yesterday with my sister but I think I will still rewatch again tonight cause the episode is just that good.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Elite Fan

How'd your sister like the episode?
Old 01-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

She loved it! She had only watched the first 3 episodes of the show and never watched anymore but I made her watch this one and she loved it so much now she wants to go back and catch up before the finale so we are gonna have a marathon!
Old 01-11-2011, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

That's awesome! My sister watches too but when she was in school she couldn't watch so she's not caught up with season 2. She watched Stand Taken with me and had a lot of questions but she was really into it.

Alright, I'm on the first commercial break and I have to say the first part of the episode is really great. The opening scene was flawless. I like how we had a bit of family time and BFF time in the beginning. CR having conversation and then Lux/Tasha talking in Lux's room right after that...a little sleep over action. I swear their friendship is my favorite. the one thing that does upset me is that Baze wasn't included in all of this in the very beginning. Some one on one conversation with Cate would have fit perfectly in there. Them trying to get to the bottom of all of this...it screamed for some co-parenting action.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I remember being a little upset about that as well. A CB scene would have fit so well there. They have been co parenting so well this season and it would have been nice seeing them try to figure it out together
Old 01-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Elite Fan

It definitely could have fit there. In all honesty though...I have to say that this episode was pretty flawless to me. I could sit here all day and try to break it all down and analyze each part of this episode but I really don't feel the need or even want to. This episode is much more than just for pure entertainment purposes because it sends a bigger message. I just, I don't know...I can't really find it in me to complain about it because I feel like Liz did a much better job than i would have ever expected from a CW show to handle this subject matter. I even enjoyed the Lux/Eric scenes even though I have my own opinions on them. During live viewing I might've reacted negatively to them being on screen and the ILY but now that I'm much more relaxed (without school and not hyperventilating over whats happening onscreen) I can really and trully see the beauty in what Eric did for Lux in that moment. The controversy still pokes me but this time it was just like a...brush for this episode because I'm seeing it in a different light.