Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-03-2010, 06:53 PM
New Fan

this is me joining the discussion late xD

from what I read so far I agree with most of you ..

BUT HOW COME THERE'S NO PREGNANCY TALK FROM CATE TO LUX ??? Baze I can understand but Lux's reaction isn't what I expected x(
Old 12-03-2010, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ya I would have loved a Cate/Lux talk.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:42 PM
New Fan

We've had many lost opportunities for Cate/Lux talks this season. Many times that some event in the episode could have led to a great mother daughter moment, but it never happens. And it's a shame given that's what this series was predicated on.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Well, for me, once the CR baby was introduced into the equation - it's a permanent 'blended' family tie that exists forever. If Cate had to experience such a situation again for personal growth and healing, I would have much prefered it to be with Baze as the real father and with a new full sibling for Lux, not a half-sibling. Plus, it just makes more sense to me for 'character development.' Baze is the one who abandoned Cate the first time around, not Ryan, and it would have been more character worthy to have CB committed to each other the second time around for another child that is both of theirs. Not doing it again because of another man's baby. That's my preference anyway and I don't feel exploring a CR marriage temporarily (if that was Liz's plan) - needed to include a pregnancy. Sorry, I'm just at the point where I'm feeling more detached now and don't expect much at all. I feel like I'm accepting it for what it is and will be ready to move on when the finale airs come January.
Oh, we totally agree. You're right - a CR baby does technically make them "blended." I was just trying to say that a CR baby doesn't mean that CB isn't endgame, or that Liz's vision wasn't to have CBL under one roof as a family unit in the end. I COMPLETELY AGREE that the CR pregnancy is totally unnecessary and OF COURSE I think the better way to have gone about a second pregnancy storyline for Cate would have been another CB baby when they are in a committed relationship - their "second chance." I wanted to see that SO badly. So...this is upsetting. But, like you, I guess I'm trying to accept it for what it is and see what Liz does with it in these next episodes. I guess I still feel very invested in the lives of these characters regardless...and if I could get my CB and CBL happy ending, I would be satisfied - even if Ryan and a CR baby are still around. It's not ideal - AT ALL. But, I'll take whatever I can get. I'm still not ready to move on just yet. I want to see the rest of their journey.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Total Fan

well technically when Cate was "trying" for a baby she and Lux did have a mother daughter discussion in the attic where Cate reminded Lux that a baby would never replace her. So I don't see why we needed another moment out of them discussing it. We know Lux was okay with it.
I still would of rather had a mother daughter moment when cate realized Lux couldn't swim. Instead Cate was caught up in her drama with Ryan to really stop and address the issue.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

I got the feeling that Cate was still taking birth control pills even after agreeing to try to get pregnant because then she would be locked into her marriage. She said it was because of Lux but I don't buy that.

But we all have to realize that this series was supposed to last alot longer and Liz had to come up with storylines to last a few seasons. So keeping Baze and Cate apart with a CR baby was just another roadblock to be overcome in season 3 or 4.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ya that was a better moment that we should have gotten Joy!

Quote:
I got the feeling that Cate was still taking birth control pills even after agreeing to try to get pregnant because then she would be locked into her marriage. She said it was because of Lux but I don't buy that.
Where do you get that feeling? I mean I know she was still taking them in the beginning but after her and Ryan fought and made up about that she decided she really did want a baby with him and they started really trying for one so I'm wondering where you get the impression that she was still taking the pills because we got no sign of it at all.
And I also got the feeling that Cate wanted to be locked into her marriage, to be connected to Ryan for life and a baby would do that. Everything she's done this season has shown how much she wants to be married to Ryan and to stay married to Ryan
Old 12-04-2010, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I am very disappointed in where this story is going but its sad that this is the way the cate/baze story has to end. Sigh.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:48 AM
Elite Fan

Rerun tonight so I'm topping this one again.

I may only rewatch for the Lux/Sam we got
Old 01-04-2011, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

I like this episode I will definitely be rewatching
Old 01-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Total Fan

I'm looking forward to the rerun tonight!
Old 01-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Elite Fan

Me too. I'm kind of hoping my sister comes home to watch with me
New years eve I just found out that my cousin's new wife love Life Unexpected too! I didn't get a chance to talk to her because I was sick and so out of it that I went to bed but my brother was telling her how involved I am and she was like "oh cool!". Maaan, I hate that the CW is taking it all away
Old 01-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

The CW Sucks!!