Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Total Fan

another subtle line by Baze is when he goes, "cate don't be late!" then she looks at the pregnancy test. haha perfect
Old 12-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)
3. Heck...I even liked Math in this episode.
I meant to mention this too. I actually liked Math last night. First time in forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)
2. NO real CB build-up. Seriously, the bickering in the kitchen scene was cute, but we have three episodes left people! I know the focus should be on Lux's past storyline and family, instead of the the romantic relationships, but...I need more CB. Period. I am so freakin tired of having Cate/Ryan, Baze/Emma, and Lux/Eric jammed down my throat. I'm just running out of patience.
Agreed 100%. I just need a mini-breather sometimes but it seems all we get are scenes of them. It's why they're all so isolated and we get no family stuff, they're too busy with their lame relationships. It's starting to really irritate me with 3 episodes left. They've been shoved down our throats since 2x02. Not even CB were shown this much last season, we'd get episodes without them sometimes. It's annoying as hell. I need the focus to shift to anything but them. I'm not picky.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Total Fan

how great is the music on Lux. Love the last son they played

Just added the extended promo to the spoilers thread for next week. You thought 20 sec was good check out 31 sec!!!!!

Last edited by Gilmoregirl82; 12-01-2010 at 12:33 PM
Old 12-01-2010, 01:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

I thought the episode was interesting.

Looks like Eric and Lux will be over.

Baze and Emma won't be.

Tasha FINALLY GREW A BACKBONE!!! Of course best bud Lux decides to tell Cate anyway and screw the consequences for Tasha.

Don't think the pregnancy is the best thing in the Ryan/Cate relationship. Now no matter what happens now Cate will always wonder if it was the baby that made Ryan come back.

Wonder what Cate would have said about the Eric/Lux relationship?? Lux seems to think that nothing she does has consequences and that she's teflon. Will we see less of Eric in the next few episodes??

Have to agree with the rest of you, no Cate/Lux/Baze interaction as a family in what they were trying to portray as their first Thanksgiving together was jsut poor writing. But then they had all the other things that they had to cover, the interesting stories that we've all been dying to watch, Daddy Baze finding out about Baze/Emma, Sam blackmailng Lux (okay, that was cute), Sam finding out about Eric/Lux, why show something so boring as a sorta happy family?

Abby was a hoot, but she definitely has no limits, doesn't know when to stop.

Laverne was great this time around and actually seemed to be there for Cate, gave her someone to talk to and gave her some good advice.

I can almost see where Papa Baze was coming from. He gives his son a chance at what he considers a real job/career at his firm and as usual he screws it up by boffing the boss. A big nono in almost any firm, firing worthy for both the boss and bossed. I twould seem to a person like Papa Baze that his son hasn't grown up and is the screwup he's always been. (And going by the totally unprofessional way they were acting in the office before Papa Baze showed up they were definitely out of control.)

Thought Shiri did a great job with Cate. Her scene with Baze was great, going through the different mood swings like someone with alot on her mind. And poor Cate, finally makes something edible and nobody would try it.

Baze should have just quit the job so he could date Emma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunkPunk88 (View Post)
I meant to mention this too. I actually liked Math last night. First time in forever.

Agreed 100%. I just need a mini-breather sometimes but it seems all we get are scenes of them. It's why they're all so isolated and we get no family stuff, they're too busy with their lame relationships. It's starting to really irritate me with 3 episodes left. They've been shoved down our throats since 2x02. Not even CB were shown this much last season, we'd get episodes without them sometimes. It's annoying as hell. I need the focus to shift to anything but them. I'm not picky.
This episode was probably written with the expectation of another 9 episodes and couldn't be rewritten or reshot after the show was ditched.

It may have been nicer if they wrote an episode that was sorta out of left field and just for the season like other shows do for Xmas. The continuing storylines are put on a semblence of hold and the main characters focus on the holiday.

Last edited by angelface211; 12-02-2010 at 09:46 AM
Old 12-01-2010, 01:29 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Tasha FINALLY GREW A BACKBONE!!! Of course best bud Lux decides to tell Cate anyway and screw the consequences for Tasha.
Okay, Tasha confuses the hell out of me. She was ALL FOR Lux telling Cate so she could go to homecoming with Jones last episode. Now, Lux finally decides to listen because she's actually looking at the entire picture for probably the first time and that makes her a bad friend? The assault came out without Sam's help, so it's not like Lux confessing would have screwed Tasha over by making Sam rat out Tasha.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:24 PM
New Fan

So let me get this right, Ryan's sister wasn't even a part of the multi-family Thanksgiving. We haven't seen her since Cate got caught letting guys take shots from her belly button. I'm annoyed at how underdeveloped and underused Paige is because she is a fun character unlike Kelly who was useless from the start and just an annoyance whenever on screen.

Lux's whole personality is such a put off and I like Emma the actress but I can't stand Emma the character at all. I hate to say it but seeing these last few episodes makes me think that even though I wish the show would continue, the direction it would've kept going in for the future episodes would've been a horrible dis-service to the fans.

Last edited by jayoh; 12-01-2010 at 04:29 PM
Old 12-01-2010, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

*I honestly have mixed feelings on this episode. In a general sense, I enjoyed the show for the comedic dialogue and situations; however, the direction and focus was a bummer.

Things I liked:

1) The opening scene and dialogue shared between Cate/Baze
2) The scene when Laverne and Abby call Cate out on being pregnant, lol.
3) Cate's scene on the phone when she admits to being accidentally pregnant before and she's then advised to use a condom next time.
4) Tasha
5) The Lux/Sam scenes were interesting - refreshing and a nice break from the god awful Lux/Eric scenario that I'm turned off to.
6) Cate cooking something edible, lol.
7) The mom/daughter time spent between Cate/Laverne.
8) Everybody bringing a variety of mashed potato, lol.

Things I didn't like:

1) Cate being pregnant
2) Abby becoming annoying after awhile when she goes overboard with being up in Cate's business
3) All the strong Emma/Baze focus (even though I don't really have anything big against Emma). Pushing the idea in a BIG way that Emma, and Baze's relationship with her, is his saving grace from getting over Cate and that she's the one making him a better person (as opposed to Lux or Cate).
4) No CB time; no CL time, no LB time, more importantly - no CLB family time shared on Lux's first Thanksgiving
5) The general CR focus with the pregnancy
6) Ryan moving back home to be with Cate after news of the pregnancy broke, just like I knew he would. Despite that Cate overlooked her concerns once again, when their issues are far from being resolved.
7) The 'war' ignited once again between Baze and his dad.
8) Anything to do with Eric/Lux.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayoh (View Post)
So let me get this right, Ryan's sister wasn't even a part of the multi-family Thanksgiving. We haven't seen her since Cate got caught letting guys take shots from her belly button. I'm annoyed at how underdeveloped and underused Paige is because she is a fun character unlike Kelly who was useless from the start and just an annoyance whenever on screen.

Lux's whole personality is such a put off and I like Emma the actress but I can't stand Emma the character at all. I hate to say it but seeing these last few episodes makes me think that even though I wish the show would continue, the direction it would've kept going in for the future episodes would've been a horrible dis-service to the fans.
Sadly, I have to agree because you weren't the only one thinking about THIS same thought after the episode aired last night. Don't get me wrong - I actually liked and enjoyed the episode for it's comedic elements; however, as far as the storyline direction that was the focus of it - I was sadly disappointed. To me, beneath all that comedy and fun, appeared the truth in the real direction. I'm starting to think an additional back order of 9 was not going to make much of a difference nor change or shift this direction back towards more CB/CLB in anyway, but it was only going to strenghten the current direction. I think my initial presumption may have been on key - this show was always going to be about the modern day 'blended' family and explore those relationships inside of it. This puts CB/CLB at a disadvantage. Yeah, sure, CB may or may not hypothetically be the IT couple on this show, but there are 'IT' couples that do not officially end together on a show even with a long run on air. Regardless of what gets 'said' or not (interviews, articles etc.)

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 12-01-2010 at 08:26 PM
Old 12-02-2010, 04:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Good episode.

Cate is pregnant and I don't like it. This will only drew CB only farther apart.
Also it's the obvious and easy solution to put CR together.

Damn Tasha is busted!

Baze stood up to his father once again!
He's really into Emma, isn't he?

Lux should come clean about Eric, it's getting too ricky.

Oh, Sam, you're so snarky and I don't mind you.

We need more family moments too!

Next week looks intense!
Old 12-02-2010, 07:22 AM
Elite Fan

Once again I was completely distracted during the episode but I have to say that cate saying ryan doesn't want her but what's inside her just broke my heart! Ugh
Old 12-02-2010, 07:37 AM
Dedicated Fan

This episode wasn't nearly as good as I expected. It wasn't bad and there were things I liked, but I thought we'd get a lot of family time since it was their first Thanksgiving as a family and the preview showed Cate and Baze wanting to make it special for her. We got next to no family time. Once again, Baze and Cate let their own issues overshadow their daughter. Cate was too busy trying to hide her pregnancy and dealing with drama with Ryan to spend any time with Lux. Baze was busy trying to hide his relationship with Emma and the only time he really talked to Lux was to use her by making her pretend to be dating Sam, which is kind of screwed up. The next episode looks amazing.

I have to agree with other people. Sadly the road the show has taken makes me less upset that it's being cancelled. It's still a good show, but what I originally loved was the family and family moments are so far and few between this season.

Ryan mentioned Paige's whereabouts at the beginning. She left town again. I think he said she was in Costa Rica or something. That's why he was at Baze's for Thanksgiving. His parents were fighting over "who got him."
Old 12-02-2010, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

I absolutely share everyone's frustrations with the lack of CB/CBL/LB/LC time this season. However, I guess I'm just more optimistic that, if given more time, the show's direction would return to the warm family show we fell in love with.

I can't guarantee that if renewed by the CW, or picked up by another network like ABC Family, things would change course - but I'm hopeful. It may be having a second season "slump," but I still see this show's tremendous potential, and I have to believe that Liz and writers would give us fans what we want if given the chance. It just requires our patience. Us CB fans have always known that this journey would be long one - ever since the last minutes of the Season 1 finale.

Yes, Cate's pregnancy bothers me. But I see that many beautiful things could come from Cate going through this experience for the second time. GOOD things for CB, CBL, and for the entire family. It will definitely be intriguing. We just need TIME to see Liz's long-term vision come to light. This pregnancy doesn't mean that CR and the "modern" blended family is Liz's final "vision." Like you pointed out, Rachel - Liz, Kris, and Shiri all have indicated in interviews that CB is the endgame. I still feel that's true. Liz has said that just because you have a baby together doesn't mean you are "soulmates" or "meant to be." I think that is the message that will come from this recent pregnancy.

Bottom line, I still love the show and want more of it. This season, while frustrating and disappointing in many respects, has still entertained me and given me enough to keep me invested in the lives and journeys of these characters. The storyline involving Lux's past is enough to keep me watching. That's just my opinion.

Last edited by kerbear28; 12-02-2010 at 10:06 AM
Old 12-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristalBuddy (View Post)
Once again I was completely distracted during the episode but I have to say that cate saying ryan doesn't want her but what's inside her just broke my heart! Ugh
I know that broke my heart as well. That is why I completely understand her not wanting to tell Ryan that she is pregnant. It makes sense that she fears he will only be around out of obligation and that won't end well. He has to want to be there for Cate and not just the baby.

I need to rewatch this episode because I feel like I missed out on stuff but overall I thought it was a really good episode. I was mad about the lack of family time just like everyone else, I know there was a lot going on but I still feel like they could have at least squeezed in one scene.

Although I find Sam hilarious I didn't like the way he was blackmailing Lux about homecoming. The Eric stuff I didn't care about but Sam decided to cover for Lux the last episode and that was so awesome of him but now he blackmails her with it, that just ruined it for me. I liked that he stood up for her but now he's just being a jerk. But he's still funny so he's enjoyable.

Lux was great. I get why she wants to tell Cate about her and Eric. She's tired of keeping secrets and everyone is finding out anyways. She'd rather come out with it herself then be ratted out but I think its a bad idea to tell Cate. I don't understand why Lux thinks that Cate wouldn't be mad. I mean Lux could maybe convince Cate to not have Eric arrested but its not like Cate would be okay with the relationship and I know that Baze wouldn't be.

Loved all the Baze/Emma. I don't see how people can say that Baze doesn't care about her, he proves that over and over again. I loved seeing him stand up to his dad. Emma means so much to him and he's not gonna just let her go because his dad said so. There has to be so much more there from Jack, because I think he was taking it too far. I really want to know why he is so against them dating it has to be more than because she's his boss.

Loved having the return of Laverene/Abby. Even though Abby doesn't know when to shut up she's still funny and all the little jokes about Cate being pregnant was cracking me up.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelface211 (View Post)
I know that broke my heart as well. That is why I completely understand her not wanting to tell Ryan that she is pregnant. It makes sense that she fears he will only be around out of obligation and that won't end well. He has to want to be there for Cate and not just the baby.

I need to rewatch this episode because I feel like I missed out on stuff but overall I thought it was a really good episode. I was mad about the lack of family time just like everyone else, I know there was a lot going on but I still feel like they could have at least squeezed in one scene.

Although I find Sam hilarious I didn't like the way he was blackmailing Lux about homecoming. The Eric stuff I didn't care about but Sam decided to cover for Lux the last episode and that was so awesome of him but now he blackmails her with it, that just ruined it for me. I liked that he stood up for her but now he's just being a jerk. But he's still funny so he's enjoyable.

Lux was great. I get why she wants to tell Cate about her and Eric. She's tired of keeping secrets and everyone is finding out anyways. She'd rather come out with it herself then be ratted out but I think its a bad idea to tell Cate. I don't understand why Lux thinks that Cate wouldn't be mad. I mean Lux could maybe convince Cate to not have Eric arrested but its not like Cate would be okay with the relationship and I know that Baze wouldn't be.

Loved all the Baze/Emma. I don't see how people can say that Baze doesn't care about her, he proves that over and over again. I loved seeing him stand up to his dad. Emma means so much to him and he's not gonna just let her go because his dad said so. There has to be so much more there from Jack, because I think he was taking it too far. I really want to know why he is so against them dating it has to be more than because she's his boss.

Loved having the return of Laverene/Abby. Even though Abby doesn't know when to shut up she's still funny and all the little jokes about Cate being pregnant was cracking me up.
I'll just respond briefly to a few things.

1. What Cate said broke my heart, too. It's sad that she feels insecure about Ryan's feelings for her. I totally understand where she was coming from in not wanting to tell Ryan right away. She wants to be certain that he wants HER, and not just the baby. It makes sense. I'm just happy she didn't indicate that she wanted to be "worthy" of him again.

2. Sam's blackmail didn't really didn't bother me. Probably because I believe he would never really follow through with it. It's obvious he likes Lux, and I don't think he would do anything that would hurt her. His cocky, teasing attitude is just a defense mechanism - an act. When the police came for Tasha and he swore to Lux that he didn't call them - THAT was Sam being sincere. I can't wait to see more of that.

3. I understand Lux's desire to come clean as well. It's exhausting and stressful keeping secrets. But, you're right...she has to realize that both of her parents would NOT be happy about her relationship with Eric.

4. I've said it before, but I have nothing against Emma - and I appreciate Baze/Emma for what it is. I absolutely see that Baze genuinely cares about her. It's obvious. That's what worries me. Why was Jack telling Baze that he was making a "mistake"? Jack's reaction just sent up more red flags for me. There is definitely something about Emma's past that we are missing, and it's going to be painful when it comes out. It's not going to be pretty.

That said, I do feel that a big part of this relationship is Baze's desire to prove, to himself and to everyone else, that 1) he has moved on from Cate, and 2) he can be "that guy" who is in a committed adult relationship, who is responsible and provides for his family.

I understand that she is making him a "better man." Kris has said as much in interviews. But...what about Cate and Lux? Aren't they the ones who have motivated him to WANT to be a better man since the beginning?

5. How could anyone not love LaVerne and Abby. Hilarious.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

I do believe that Baze/Emma is just Baze trying to prove he can do an adult relationship and move on from Cate. That doesn't mean he doesn't love Emma it just means that in the end it won't last. I know that, even if Im not the biggest CB shipper I know they are endgame and they are meant to be that much is obvious but I still enjoy the other relationships along the way because you are right they make him a better man. Baze has really grown up a lot this season and he's done a lot of it on his own but I think Emma a big product of that. I just hate that we won't get to see down the line when Baze is finally the guy that Cate needs and Cate is finally ready to let him in.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelface211 (View Post)
I do believe that Baze/Emma is just Baze trying to prove he can do an adult relationship and move on from Cate. That doesn't mean he doesn't love Emma it just means that in the end it won't last. I know that, even if Im not the biggest CB shipper I know they are endgame and they are meant to be that much is obvious but I still enjoy the other relationships along the way because you are right they make him a better man. Baze has really grown up a lot this season and he's done a lot of it on his own but I think Emma a big product of that. I just hate that we won't get to see down the line when Baze is finally the guy that Cate needs and Cate is finally ready to let him in.
Exactly. I think Baze will learn and grow a lot through his relationship with Emma. I just want to be able to see the final product of that.