Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

I know and with 3 episodes left its not likely. But we have got to see a huge transformation from pilot Baze and I love that.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Elite Fan

Call me strange, but even though I'm a big CB shipper I could care less about Baze's growth in being in an adult relationship. What I've wanted to see since the pilot was Baze's growth in being a father and he shows that whenever they give Kris Lux related scenes - he really shines - but it's all being muffled by these relationship centered storylines and I could really care less for. What does being in a adult relationship contribute to Lux? So far it hasn't been much except for distract Baze from the bigger issues. If you ask me he was much stronger without Emma. Baze was showing that he was a man and a good father way before Emma came into the picture - telling her that he will never stop trying to be her dad, running into the fire for her, that fleeting moment when he told her that he'd stay up late helping with her homework, and when Lux came to him saying that she wants him to teach her basketball and how to be a kid. Even when he offered to pay for Lux's medical bills none of that is credited to his relationship with Emma. He is not growing because of Emma but because of Lux yet the show is really pulling away from that. I don't hate Baze and Emma but I really don't care for what they're trying to make out of the relationship. It's not working for me. I love Baze, I like Emma, but not together or atleast its not something I care for at all at this point in the game. I'd understand if this came much later but with Lux being in his life being so fresh it's kind of upsetting that they're making his growth all about his relationship with Emma when it shouldn't be that way. I take the relationship as face value and appreciate seeing a different side of Baze - romantic and caring - but to me it would be no different if he did this with Abby, Paige, or Cate even.

Don't hate me *hides*
Old 12-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristalBuddy (View Post)
Call me strange, but even though I'm a big CB shipper I could care less about Baze's growth in being in an adult relationship. What I've wanted to see since the pilot was Baze's growth in being a father and he shows that whenever they give Kris Lux related scenes - he really shines - but it's all being muffled by these relationship centered storylines and I could really care less for. What does being in a adult relationship contribute to Lux? So far it hasn't been much except for distract Baze from the bigger issues. If you ask me he was much stronger without Emma. Baze was showing that he was a man and a good father way before Emma came into the picture - telling her that he will never stop trying to be her dad, running into the fire for her, that fleeting moment when he told her that he'd stay up late helping with her homework, and when Lux came to him saying that she wants him to teach her basketball and how to be a kid. Even when he offered to pay for Lux's medical bills none of that is credited to his relationship with Emma. He is not growing because of Emma but because of Lux yet the show is really pulling away from that. I don't hate Baze and Emma but I really don't care for what they're trying to make out of the relationship. It's not working for me. I love Baze, I like Emma, but not together or atleast its not something I care for at all at this point in the game. I'd understand if this came much later but with Lux being in his life being so fresh it's kind of upsetting that they're making his growth all about his relationship with Emma when it shouldn't be that way. I take the relationship as face value and appreciate seeing a different side of Baze - romantic and caring - but to me it would be no different if he did this with Abby, Paige, or Cate even.

Don't hate me *hides*
Aww you don't need to hide - and we could never hate you. I completely agree with everything you said. That's exactly what bothers and upsets me about this relationship. You expressed it perfectly. It's distracting from what's really important - from where Baze's growth was REALLY coming from, from Baze being a father.

But, like you, I'm just trying to appreciate Baze/Emma for what it is. I do like seeing Baze be romantic and caring. I guess I'm just trying to look at the bright side - at the good that could come out of this relationship. I do think Baze could learn a lot from it. I do like Emma, and you know I LOVE Baze - just not together at this point. It definitely would have been better if it had come along later in the game.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

Okay, think about it, you've just come up with a great concept for a show, frat boy finds out he's the father of a girl in foster care with his one night stand in HS. Mom is a talk radio host. You take it to the networks, write a great pilot, get the go ahead for a series, now what. How do you take that concept and make it last 4 or 5 years?? There has to be some detours. I don't want to defend Liz because the stories this year just weren't what we all bought into last year.

Everyone connected with the show says Cate and Baze are end game but if they're put together too soon the show is over so they have to throw in these filler storylines to stretch things out.

I enjoy the Cate/Baze scenes alot. But I liked them better last year when there was the tension between the two and Cate kept zinging Baze with her snarky comments. Now that they've called a truce it isn't as much fun to watch.

I'm scratching my head like the rest of you over Baze's comment that Emma makes him a better person. Uh, I think it was more Cate and Luz. They housebroke Baze and taught him what responsible was.

I agree with the rest of you though, they could have made this more of a family episode. That's what the fans wanted and were waiting for.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:57 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, no I completely agree with you BBBoBBB! I know that if CB are truly end game it would just be a dumb move to throw them together by the second season. That would be boring and just dumb. I don't know what it is about Baze/Emma though. Maybe its the whole "she's made me want to be a better man" deal and I disagree with that completely, just like you. I really don't feel the chemistry between them at all. It's not that I don't like to see them on screen or can't stand them, I just honestly take it as face value and waiting patiently for it to end - I can deal with it. It's just the whole distraction from what is truly important to Baze that's bothering me - his focus should be on fathering his child rather than trying to prove that he can have an adult relationship. For me it's far too soon for him to shift his focus. But that's just me

All I can say is, if CB do not open their eyes and focus more on Lux after the next episode I will honestly throw my hands in the air and send my remote across the room. If Lux's past isn't a wake up call, I don't know what is.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Oh, I agree with you, too, BBBoBBB. As far as CB goes, I've always understood that they have to drag it out and it was meant to be a long journey. I too miss the S1 CB snarkiness and tension, but I do enjoy their scenes as friends and co-parents. There are still hints of the old banter (like the kitchen scene in this last episode) - and I know that it would not take much to bring back the tension. The feelings are still there.

We all knew we would have to wait out Baze's other relationships. I don't mind watching Baze/Emma. I accept it for what it is, and I can deal with it. There is nothing I "hate" about them together. For CB, I was - and still am - willing to be patient. I love the slow burn. But, knowing that we likely have only three episodes left...well, let's just say my patience is wearing thin. And like Cristal said, this relationship does seem to distract Baze's focus from what's important - his daughter. While I'm sure Baze can learn a lot from this relationship, it really is upsetting that they all of a sudden are crediting his growth to Emma, when it's always been Lux - and Cate. I agree, Cristal - this next episode better open CB's eyes. This HAS to be the wake-up call they need to focus more on Lux.

Plus, I'll just admit it: At this point, I would take seeing CB together in any way that makes even a little sense, rushed or not - as long as it wouldn't do a major disservice to other relationships and characters. Given the fact that Liz was given ZERO time to wrap things up properly, that's not likely. But, if we can't get the ending we were supposed to have, I'll have to settle for CB getting as close as possible. For me, that means Baze/Emma needs to end soon.

Last edited by kerbear28; 12-02-2010 at 10:04 PM
Old 12-02-2010, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree Cristal if this doesn't make Cate and Baze wake up as parents I don't think anything will
Old 12-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Lux was great. I get why she wants to tell Cate about her and Eric. She's tired of keeping secrets and everyone is finding out anyways. She'd rather come out with it herself then be ratted out but I think its a bad idea to tell Cate. I don't understand why Lux thinks that Cate wouldn't be mad. I mean Lux could maybe convince Cate to not have Eric arrested but its not like Cate would be okay with the relationship and I know that Baze wouldn't be.
She isn't under the illusion that Cate wouldn't be mad. Lux told Tasha that she "could handle Cate being mad".
Old 12-03-2010, 09:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessofYouth (View Post)
She isn't under the illusion that Cate wouldn't be mad. Lux told Tasha that she "could handle Cate being mad".
Well she thinks that her parents won't press charges against Eric but I think Baze might want to do that.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
All I can say is, if CB do not open their eyes and focus more on Lux after the next episode I will honestly throw my hands in the air and send my remote across the room. If Lux's past isn't a wake up call, I don't know what is.
amen sister!! We've lacked so much family time and them dealing with Lux's issues. They're all to caught up in their own drama. With this upcoming episode if I don't see some one on one family time with Lux I think I too will be throwing stuff at my tv. This is just not something you say and then bam episodes over and all is fine. This episode has to be done right and made to be somewhat believable or ur gonna have some very unhappy people! This topic is something you don't dive into if your not ready to give the audience 110%.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelface211 (View Post)
Well she thinks that her parents won't press charges against Eric but I think Baze might want to do that.
I think it boils down to Cate and Baze never punishing Lux for any of her transgressions. Cate may get mad at Lux but Lux has never had to pay any consequences. Lux probably expects some yelling and screaming but in the end I think she expects Cate and Baze to keep her new pet.

That seems to be one of the things that this season gets wrong. Baze and Cate are now responsible for Lux but never seem to have any time for her. The prodigal daughter returns and she's ignored??? In what universe?? Yeah, Cate and Baze have their own little soap operas to contend with but I can't see them ignoring their daughter over it. There definitely should have been a lot more scenes with Lux and her parents.

Too bad they didn't save the teacher storyline for later in the season and hit us with the abuse storyline upfront. That would have given them plenty of time to deal with all the fallout.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:05 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Too bad they didn't save the teacher storyline for later in the season and hit us with the abuse storyline upfront. That would have given them plenty of time to deal with all the fallout.
ICA! Just my two cents, but I think the CW thought the show about the family was a little too boring and wanted to make everything about it flashier, completely ignoring the orginal fan base. When you compare season 1 to season 2, it's like they are two different shows with the same characters. Season 2 has no focus on the family and that was the orginal plot of the show, was how this family comes together and develops. Cate should have stayed on the radio show (truly, what was the point of that???), Baze should have a bar (he can grow up and still own a business!). I think they lost a lot of viewers because of all the changes and us die-hards are the only ones sticking around to the bitter end.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregirl82 (View Post)
amen sister!! We've lacked so much family time and them dealing with Lux's issues. They're all to caught up in their own drama. With this upcoming episode if I don't see some one on one family time with Lux I think I too will be throwing stuff at my tv. This is just not something you say and then bam episodes over and all is fine. This episode has to be done right and made to be somewhat believable or ur gonna have some very unhappy people! This topic is something you don't dive into if your not ready to give the audience 110%.
As of right now, Liz is my hero for even taking on this type of storyline. I have faith that she can pull it off because in her tweet to me about Stand Taken she says that Lux's past in the foster care system is very important to her - like an emotional attachment to it. So, from that I'm assuming that this will be as good or 5x's better than what we got in Family Therapized and Homecoming Crashed. But with all that said, this is a very sensitive subject and if it's not done right or handled correctly - as in Luz makes her confession, tears or shed, but nothing changes - then I will call total and complete BS and it will be a turn off for me. They can't just brush over something like this, so if immediately after this Baze still keeps trying to get in Emma or his dad's good books or Cate continues to put her issues with Ryan before Lux's mental and emotional well-being then I might have to just throw in the towel.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
This pregnancy doesn't mean that CR and the "modern" blended family is Liz's final "vision."
Well, for me, once the CR baby was introduced into the equation - it's a permanent 'blended' family tie that exists forever. If Cate had to experience such a situation again for personal growth and healing, I would have much prefered it to be with Baze as the real father and with a new full sibling for Lux, not a half-sibling. Plus, it just makes more sense to me for 'character development.' Baze is the one who abandoned Cate the first time around, not Ryan, and it would have been more character worthy to have CB committed to each other the second time around for another child that is both of theirs. Not doing it again because of another man's baby. That's my preference anyway and I don't feel exploring a CR marriage temporarily (if that was Liz's plan) - needed to include a pregnancy. Sorry, I'm just at the point where I'm feeling more detached now and don't expect much at all. I feel like I'm accepting it for what it is and will be ready to move on when the finale airs come January.

Quote:
4. I've said it before, but I have nothing against Emma - and I appreciate Baze/Emma for what it is. I absolutely see that Baze genuinely cares about her. It's obvious. That's what worries me. Why was Jack telling Baze that he was making a "mistake"? Jack's reaction just sent up more red flags for me. There is definitely something about Emma's past that we are missing, and it's going to be painful when it comes out. It's not going to be pretty.
I think that's what it is for me too and why I was worried that further direction would have been solidifying more Baze/Emma (not just as a temporary device anymore) instead of slowly bringing CB/CLB back together for more quality family time. Because I really don't have anything against Emma on a personal level but, wow, that will be quite a twister if Jack's father's warning turns out to be justified because of something to do with Emma's past and what Baze doesn't know.

Quote:
Call me strange, but even though I'm a big CB shipper I could care less about Baze's growth in being in an adult relationship. What I've wanted to see since the pilot was Baze's growth in being a father and he shows that whenever they give Kris Lux related scenes - he really shines - but it's all being muffled by these relationship centered storylines and I could really care less for. What does being in a adult relationship contribute to Lux? So far it hasn't been much except for distract Baze from the bigger issues.
Well, I guess one's perspective would depend on what drew one to the show in the first place.

For me - I was kind of drawn in by the mother/daughter element at first (and the circumstances that led to this woman giving up her child). Then, it stretched to include Baze/Lux (father/daughter) but now - my main attraction is the idea of CBL as a family unit. Not LB by themselves, nor CL either. So, in that regard, the CB adult relationship is very vital to Lux and the show in my eyes. These are Lux's parents, her primary role models, and how she watches them interact and relate to one other is very important. I think Baze's growth over the series (pre-Emma) isn't just attributed to Lux alone, but due to Cate as well and very much so. Cate came before Lux and; therefore, alot of Baze's past is tied into what went down with Lux's mother and how he treated her during that time in his life. He was forced to face these issues head on with how he treats women in relationships/hook-ups, especially because now he is tied to this woman permanently through a child. Which then directly connects into his relationship with his child, Lux, viewing him as one of her role models.

So, yeah, I think it's both. For me, CB and CLB aren't mutually exclusive from each other - they're very much connected and interwoven together.

Quote:
Everyone connected with the show says Cate and Baze are end game but if they're put together too soon the show is over so they have to throw in these filler storylines to stretch things out.
I know I'm going to be in the minority on this but I don't agree with the incentive that a 'happy couple' equals a boring couple. This is just a cop out from TV entertainment that has gone on for so long and I can tell you that nine times out of ten - dragging a couple out and making too many obstacles has turned me off more than a couple having a happy one or two seasons uninterrupted. The problem is, there's no creative ingenuity anymore and EVERY network thinks the way to drag things out is for third party relationship interference as the primary obstacle and that is just a ridiculous, boring, and outdated method of storytelling for me. If shows want a couple to grow and wait to be together, I think there's other ways they can go about it. I think is generally why I used to go for more supernatural/fantasy based shows back in the day b/c at least the old ones weren't so 'love triangle boggled' in practically every season. There were other journies for the couples to explore and experience on their way to growing and becoming a couple. All the soap opera angst actually makes me bored and eventually, I tune out. An endgame couple working on being together for a change, would actually be a welcome change in my entertainment.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 12-03-2010 at 04:03 PM
Old 12-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristalBuddy (View Post)
As of right now, Liz is my hero for even taking on this type of storyline. I have faith that she can pull it off because in her tweet to me about Stand Taken she says that Lux's past in the foster care system is very important to her - like an emotional attachment to it. So, from that I'm assuming that this will be as good or 5x's better than what we got in Family Therapized and Homecoming Crashed. But with all that said, this is a very sensitive subject and if it's not done right or handled correctly - as in Luz makes her confession, tears or shed, but nothing changes - then I will call total and complete BS and it will be a turn off for me. They can't just brush over something like this, so if immediately after this Baze still keeps trying to get in Emma or his dad's good books or Cate continues to put her issues with Ryan before Lux's mental and emotional well-being then I might have to just throw in the towel.
I do believe it's gonna be good and that Liz really thought it out. She even said that she was so proud of them esp. Britt (referencing if this was another network Britt would be up for an award for her performance in this episode alone). And she also said she cried watching a cut of it. So I have no doubt in my mind that she will have us in tears.
But like I said it's a sensitive issue that should be dealt with and not sugar coated. This needs to be a big family episode so what makes me mad is kinda seeing Eric there. Like for me I could deal with an hour of all this and not care to see Eric, Emma, Sam etc in this episode. I want to have one episode solely focused on this core family which we have not really gotten much of this season.