Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-28-2010, 11:49 PM
New Fan

Can anyone explain to me what "criminally incriminated" means? Is it about being wrongly accused? I don't like the sound of it, it means like someone has done something wrong and you let her off the hook easily.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Alright! Finally got to watch the episode and I loved it, as usual. Here are my random thoughts:

Cate: Cate high is the cutest thing EVER! SO funny. She was adorable in her golf outfit. I loved that she defended Lux when Ryan accused her of stealing the money. And hitting Kelly in the head with a golf ball!

Baze: You all know I LOVE this guy. He continues to make me proud to have been Team Baze from the pilot. I love that he was couragous enough to tell the potential client the truth about himself. I love that he essentially ratted himself out about sleeping with Paige in order to defend his daughter. Then, he stood up for himself when Ryan started to go off on him. And how adorable was it that he put their family photo from the road trip on his desk at work!

Lux: Ok...now that I fully understand her pov and the pressure she felt from Cate and Baze, I can sympathize. When she told them that if they were looking for a kid who was just like them, "then you've got the wrong kid," I felt bad for her. I loved how Math helped her realize that she actually wants to be like them, too. But...I'm sorry. She CAN'T keep pulling out the "I never had parents who cared" card and expect to have no consequences when she screws up! Seriously! Cate and Baze need to start disciplining this girl! Plus, I didn't like how she essentially used Jones in order to be a part of the "cheating ring." Not cool. Oh, and I don't like the new "sexier" clothes choices either. Stop it CW!!!!

Jones: SO happy to have Austin back, and looking FINE! Jones is such a sweetheart - much more than the stereotypical "jock." He seems to genuinely care about Lux and want to spend time with her. I have to admit that when he told her that he wanted to be "more than friends" since the day the he met her, I went "awww." I just wish she treated him a little better.

Paige: I actually think she's pretty funny, and I want to learn more about her. Loved when Baze slapped her to wake her up. I hate that she stole from Cate and then lied to her face about it. And Cate was right about the pot banana bread, too. It put her career in jeapardy and what if Lux would have gotten into it? Yikes. She definitely needs to take responsibility for her actions - and stealing to try to pay Baze doesn't count! I don't know how I feel about her living in Baze's loft, but as long as she gets a job and pays rent I think I'll be ok with it. I liked that she reminded Cate of how many second chances Ryan has given her - of how lucky Cate was that she married a guy who is so forgiving and doesn't turn his back on family. I think Cate needed to hear that. Let's just hope she remembers that when the whole Julia situation comes to light. I don't know if I would like her with Eric, or Math, but we'll see.

Emma: Still not feeling any real chemistry between Baze/Emma. I hate that she keeps calling Lux the "illegitimate one." But, otherwise I like that he is working so hard to gain her approval. Usually women would fall at his feet, but she is not buying into his charm so easily. I like that she is beginning to see his appeal, and is going to ease up on him a bit to allow him to spend time with his kid. Nice.

Eric: We all saw him being Lux's tutor coming from a mile away. But, I'm still hoping it will turn out ok and that boundries won't be crossed - too much. I'm hoping he will become just her friend and mentor (for now), and help her get over her insecurities. I just hope she doesn't use Jones to make him jealous. I would NOT like that love triangle.

Cate/Baze: Another episode with no real one-on-one scenes. Ugh! Oh well. I liked their phone conversations (LOVE that she called him asking what to do to sober up when you're high ) and the fact that they are "getting along." I was hoping that she would eventually defend Baze about the Paige situation, but I guess she didn't really have to. "He sleeps with everybody's sister!" Ok, that was funny. Loved that they united over defending Lux.

Cate/Ryan: It was a rough moment when Cate asked Lux if she took the money because of Ryan. Even as a CB fan, it's sad for me to see CR arguing. But, again, I'm glad that Cate realized that Ryan is a great guy who wants to be there for his family and is willing to give the people he loves second chances.

Lux/Baze: As always, LOVE them. Again, I wish that Baze (or Cate) would actually give Lux some consequences, but the scene where Lux asks Baze to teach her to play basketball was SO sweet!

Baze/Ryan: They are on the same team for once. As corny as it was...I loved it.

The end scene: Ok, I def agree with some of you that it felt a little forced. I don't want to be sold the happy blended "modern" family. Just...NO. I'll admit that it was cute and sweet, and it's a good thing that they are all getting along, but I'm just not completely buying into it. I prefer Cate/Baze/Lux moments and even Cate/Lux/Ryan moments.

Last edited by kerbear28; 09-29-2010 at 12:31 PM
Old 09-29-2010, 08:24 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazeIsMyGuy (View Post)
Can anyone explain to me what "criminally incriminated" means? Is it about being wrongly accused? I don't like the sound of it, it means like someone has done something wrong and you let her off the hook easily.
That's an easy one. Lux is the criminal for cheating on the test and incriminated was the unmarked blue book that was proof of her cheating.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:30 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunkPunk88 (View Post)
I actually like watching Paige even though she's a complete disaster. Wanting a Eric/Paige thing is purely physical though. Shaun and Arielle are gorgeous and would look really good together. Plus I don't want Paige with Baze or Math and who else is there for her? It's not like Eric can actually be with Lux because of the whole teacher thing so he has no one too. He might actually be able to help her not be so crazy.
Hey, I can actually go for this! But how awkward would that be for Lux? Ouch! Help her not be so crazy. Is that possible? But it would be good to see a much softer, relaxed side of Paige. Math and Paige, yeah it doesn't seem like the greatest pairing ever but if it gets Math off his high horse for some time...

BazeIsMyGuy - Criminal Incriminated means that a criminal been brought to justice. Like caught. So it's very fitting for the episode for Paige and Lux.

And about the final scene. I don't feel like they're trying to sell me anything or that it was forced either. Baze is spending time with his daughter and teaching her to play basketball at CR's house. CR come out to make peace with him and say they're sorry. They don't hate each other and they're all there for Lux so they decide to have fun and play basket ball. I actually loved it that this was the first time they're all getting along in a scene and having fun. And if they're trying to promote a different definition of family then I see no problem with it. Why act like strangers? Why divide the families and stress out the child even more by having to make her pick and choose? This way she feels 100% comfortable that her families get along.

Just my two cents.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristalBuddy (View Post)
And about the final scene. I don't feel like they're trying to sell me anything or that it was forced either. Baze is spending time with his daughter and teaching her to play basketball at CR's house. CR come out to make peace with him and say they're sorry. They don't hate each other and they're all there for Lux so they decide to have fun and play basket ball. I actually loved it that this was the first time they're all getting along in a scene and having fun. And if they're trying to promote a different definition of family then I see no problem with it. Why act like strangers? Why divide the families and stress out the child even more by having to make her pick and choose? This way she feels 100% comfortable that her families get along.

Just my two cents.
I see what you are saying Cristal. Once again, I think it's nice that they are all making peace and getting along for Lux's sake. It's great, and I agree that it is what's best for Lux. Plus, I'm happy that Baze isn't being treated like an outsider. That's why I can accept it. I just prefer the separate scenes with CB/Lux and CR/Lux. IMO, it did seem a little fast for them all to be acting like one happy family unit, but maybe it was not too unrealistic.

However, I still feel like I'm being sold something - not just by LUX but by many shows on TV today. I can't help it. I'm sorry but the "modern" blended family is NOT ideal - no matter how cute you package it. It means something is broken. It means something is missing. Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying blended or non-traditional families can't be loving and nurturing, or that they can't "function". But, again, they are not ideal. It just seems like EVERYONE is trying to promote a "different definition of family" these days. Well...I happen to believe that the traditional definition is perfect and beautiful just the way it is. I'd like to see THAT promoted more often. I realize that the traditional nuclear family is becoming less common, and that different kinds of family are becoming the "reality" more and more. I just think we should seriously ask ourselves if that is actually a good thing for our society. Maybe it's just the conservative, Catholic/Christian in me, but that's how I see it.

Plus, I'll admit I'm also biased by the fact that I'm a CB fan who wants CB/Lux to be a family - in the traditional, all together under one roof sense - someday. Ryan is great, but having him there kind of ruins it.

Last edited by kerbear28; 09-29-2010 at 10:13 AM
Old 09-29-2010, 10:03 AM
Loyal Fan

My biggest problem with this episode was that we never got any type of scene between Cate and Lux at the end. They made it a point to show her apologizing to Math and I liked their little talk and then she goes to see Baze and they talk about basketball and all and then nothing. It almost feels like ther are avoiding the Cate/Lux scenes on purpose. They missed a golden opportunity to have them actually talk about the pressure Lux feels and the expctations Cate has. I think Cate really deserved the opportunity to talk to Lux after the cheating thing and instead they play basketball. Cate just doesn't seem like a person whe lets it all go. Even if she doesn't hand out a punishment she surely would have had something to say to her kid. They never even got to talk about Cate asking Lux about the money. Less pot bread (although funny), less Jones, less Paige, less Baze at work with his awful boss whom he has no chemistry with and more with Cate and Lux. It feels like a huge hole that they don't want to fill. I don't get it.

Also? Why isn't Lux grounded? You know what they showed me with that? Lux has her parents wrapped around her finger. There is any hint of trouble and she pulls out the "woe is me, my life sucked" card and they cave. She can do anything she wants. And I think she knows it. Don't get me wrong, Lux has legitimate complaints and real issues and she has had a really hard life. But things change. Life changes and expectations change. Her parents should have sat her down and said, "I'm truly sorry that this has been your experience up until now and we would love to work on that with you, but that is also not acceptable. Not anymore. And this is how we're going to handle it." Instead, she gets detention and no consequences at home. I love this show, but man does that annoy me.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjojd (View Post)
My biggest problem with this episode was that we never got any type of scene between Cate and Lux at the end. They made it a point to show her apologizing to Math and I liked their little talk and then she goes to see Baze and they talk about basketball and all and then nothing. It almost feels like ther are avoiding the Cate/Lux scenes on purpose. They missed a golden opportunity to have them actually talk about the pressure Lux feels and the expctations Cate has. I think Cate really deserved the opportunity to talk to Lux after the cheating thing and instead they play basketball. Cate just doesn't seem like a person whe lets it all go. Even if she doesn't hand out a punishment she surely would have had something to say to her kid. They never even got to talk about Cate asking Lux about the money. Less pot bread (although funny), less Jones, less Paige, less Baze at work with his awful boss whom he has no chemistry with and more with Cate and Lux. It feels like a huge hole that they don't want to fill. I don't get it.

Also? Why isn't Lux grounded? You know what they showed me with that? Lux has her parents wrapped around her finger. There is any hint of trouble and she pulls out the "woe is me, my life sucked" card and they cave. She can do anything she wants. And I think she knows it. Don't get me wrong, Lux has legitimate complaints and real issues and she has had a really hard life. But things change. Life changes and expectations change. Her parents should have sat her down and said, "I'm truly sorry that this has been your experience up until now and we would love to work on that with you, but that is also not acceptable. Not anymore. And this is how we're going to handle it." Instead, she gets detention and no consequences at home. I love this show, but man does that annoy me.
ITA. They really needed a Cate/Lux scene - especially after Cate accused Lux of taking the money. And Cate and Baze needed to sit down with Lux, tell her that cheating was unacceptable, and PUNISH her. Lux needs to learn that there will be real consequences when she messes up. She can't continue to use her parents' guilt over the past to manipulate them into letting her off the hook. It annoys me, too.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjojd (View Post)

I totally agree with everything you just said. Cate not talking to Lux is kind of out of character. Last season Cate always talked to Lux after they had drama. In fact, the show almost always had some sort of scene with Cate talking to Lux in the attic toward the end. We haven't had one of those so far this season. I expected Cate to follow Lux up to the attic after she asked about the missing money and apologize. I also would have thought she'd at least talk to Lux after the parent teacher conference. We get so many great one-on-one moments and talks with Lux and Baze (which I love), but we've had very few with Cate and Lux. The Cate/Lux relationship is one of my favorite parts of the show.

I'm also getting tired of Lux getting away with everything. I agree that she's had a hard life and I can understand why she acts out, but she wanted parents...now she has parents and they need to actually act like parents and parent her when she screws up. I understood them letting her off the hook more last season because they hadn't officially adopted her and she ran off all the time, but now that she's theirs officially, they need to start setting boundaries. Let's look at all the stuff the kid has gotten away with-running away, throwing an illegal keg party, stealing a car with her boyfriend, having sex with Bug in Baze's loft, staying out after curfew and getting arrested, lying constantly, lying about her whereabouts when Baze ran into the fire to save her, almost failing out of school, and now cheating twice. She hasn't even gotten grounded! She's going to be such a juvenile delinquent if they don't start disciplining her! She obviously has no respect for her parents or rules. At this point, I'm wondering where Cate and Baze will finally draw the line. How bad does she have to mess up for them to step up to the plate and punish her? She's done some pretty bad stuff. Does she need to knock over a liquor store or something?
Old 09-29-2010, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristalBuddy (View Post)
Hey, I can actually go for this! But how awkward would that be for Lux? Ouch! Help her not be so crazy. Is that possible? But it would be good to see a much softer, relaxed side of Paige. Math and Paige, yeah it doesn't seem like the greatest pairing ever but if it gets Math off his high horse for some time...

BazeIsMyGuy - Criminal Incriminated means that a criminal been brought to justice. Like caught. So it's very fitting for the episode for Paige and Lux.

Just my two cents.
Thank you Cristal!! I thought I was the only one who didn't think that scene was forced
Old 09-29-2010, 11:23 AM
Elite Fan

What happened to this Julia person?! I didn't miss it, did I?

Paige living with Baze?

I've come to the conclusion that they should write Lux's love life better. It's usually not so difficult for me to ship couples, but with Lux, it's impossible. It took me forever to decide between Bug & Jones, and now I don't know between Jones & Eric.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystaline (View Post)
Pacey's brother! Jack's boyfriend! This is too funny. I sure hope he and Kerr got to hang out.
IKR? Loved seeing Doug! I also hope him and Kerr got to hang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxfan (View Post)
Jones is looking good this season.

I liked what Paige said to Cate when she was packing up. It's true. Cate needs to remember how many times Ryan has been understanding of her and forgiven her.

Eric tutoring Lux should be interesting. I'm surprised he agreed to do it. It seemed like he was trying to steer clear.
He is! But is Austin still underage?

Yes! Ryan has forgiven Cate and given her second chances... Although Cate was right in this particular situation, she shouldn't forget that.

I agree... I am also surprised that Eric agreed to it since he was so standoff-ish, but then again, the scene they had together in the gym, he admitted the feelings were real.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:43 AM
Master Fan

I think Eric knows nothing can actually happen with them and is going to try to keep things strictly professional.

Quote:
Thank you Cristal!! I thought I was the only one who didn't think that scene was forced
I didn't either. I loved that scene. I can't tell you how many times I've re-watched it.

Quote:
What happened to this Julia person?! I didn't miss it, did I?
Nope, you haven't missed it. We don't know more than whatever was in the premiere yet.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)
Jones: SO happy to have Austin back, and looking FINE! Jones is such a sweetheart - much more than the stereotypical "jock." He seems to genuinely care about Lux and want to spend time with her. I have to admit that when he told her that he wanted to be "more than friends" since the day the he met her, I went "awww." I just wish she treated him a little better.
Stamping all of this! I would be more frustrated with Lux's somewhat sketchy treatment of my bb Jones at times, but I really do think she believes she doesn't deserve a guy like him. She said as much to Baze. So, I think eventually she'll have a realization about her worth and allow herself to go there.

I just heart Jones so hard. So, so much love! And he's looking pretty to boot, hee.

Last edited by keep the starlight; 09-29-2010 at 09:30 PM
Old 09-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ya I am loving Austin's look this season
Old 09-29-2010, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Seriously, the hair cut made him about ten times more adorable. I feel a little bit like a dirty old woman for some reason, even though I'm only three years older.

... okay, pretty much four years older. lols.

Old 09-30-2010, 04:43 AM
Elite Fan

I think everyone is wondering where the little boy Jones went and when his man showed up. Looks like football has done wonders for him during those "two weeks".

You're not a dirty woman. I'm sure he's got EVERY girl's attention.