Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-28-2010, 07:04 PM
Master Fan

Why would Baze let Paige live with him. And I'm already not liking this Jones/Lux/Eric triangle being setup.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:08 PM
Master Fan

That end scene was the cutest thing ever. I love the 4 of them as a family.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought Paige was out of line with her comment to Cate at the end. Sorry, but while it's true that Cate and Ryan have had their issues regarding Baze, it was the wrong time to point that out and bring it up. Cate had some consequences for what she's done in the past and Paige just stole from her. Paige has to face the consequences like anyone else and she was totally avoiding the issue and not taking responsibility for her actions. Past wrongs don't excuse her wrong. Her philosophy almost came across like it's okay to constantly screw Cate over and all she has to do is pull out the "Baze" card from the past to get away with it.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Total Fan

okay would of been here earlier but was tweet/chatting it up with Britt.

I loved the episode. Totally knew Lux didn't take that money! Damn Paige although in the end she did have a point. Stil doesn't make it right though to steal.

Eric being the tutor. Ah like we didn't see that coming! *sigh* hopefully it ends the "relationship" and it becomes more about Eric tryin to teach Lux to be a kid!

Baze and Lux are super cute together.

The end was so sweet!

And of course the pot banana bread is classic! I have to say I never thought about that but now that I have......HAHA just kidding!!!!
Old 09-28-2010, 07:15 PM
Master Fan

It was great to see Jones again. Austin is looking soooo good this season.

I still haven't warmed up to Emma. I hope I do soon.

Baze taking a family picture for his desk was precious.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:18 PM
Total Fan

omg I know Jones .....damn looking FINE!
Old 09-28-2010, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The pot bread was the funniest part of the episode.

As for the ending scene, I'm probably going to come across in the minority on this opinion but oh well, lol. I really try to get into those 'foursome' moments but to me, they feel somewhat forced on me to sell this new modern family unit. I'm rooting for Cate/Baze and while I don't think there should be constant fighting or anything amongst C/R/B, I just think the representation of the four of them acting that close like they are their own little 'family' unit is weird and not completely realistic. I believe that a place of civility can be reached with alot of hard work but, eh, I don't know. Not completely buying those scenes and they haven't completely grown on me. I still enjoy the separate scenes more: CB, CR, CL, BL, C/B/L, C/R/L etc.

I liked the golfing scene with Cate and Baze defending Lux to Ryan.

And I agree with the person who said that Lux needs to be facing some more consequences when it comes to her actions. She's getting too much of a free pass in the 'woe is me and my past' department. I get that she has some valid points about her situation but her situation was very much paralleling Paige's to me at the end: Turning their mistakes around on other people and using others mistakes to justify their own. I think Baze and Cate need to step up with that when it comes to their parenting/discipline because 'imperfect parenting' does not excuse kids so they can get away with what they are doing.

I liked Jones this episode too.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I have so many thoughts swimming around in my head. I wasn't a huge fan of the last episode, but this one was a vast improvement. I enjoyed it so much more. It just I don't know felt right which is an odd subjective statement, but it's the best way to describe my perception. I was a lot less annoyed with Lux this episode because I felt like she had a pov. Yes, what she did was wrong, but britt really made me feel like she was conflicted and wanted to make her parents happy, but on some level she felt guilty for her crime(s). I loved seeing jones again. I like that jones seem to be more than a jock and has a moral center. What did the boy do? Beef up? He went from fluffy cute to hott? Lux sure has a dilemma on her hands eric and jones and I'm sure bug will come back to further complicate her love life.

I continue to be proud to be Baze fan. I feel like he really wanted to do well and that came across so well this episode. He's trying to be a good dad, but he's gonna make missteps, but he needs to discipline lux more. Also, I loved how he defended himself to Ryan. I'm glad ryan let out his resentment because that was obviously festering inside him. I hated that Baze asked paige to move in, but he probably felt guilty, but that's an all-around bad idea. I'm also enjoying emma/baze. She's beginning to see there is more to baze than meets the eye. I hope Cate eventually starts to see those same things in him. I am actually liking Ryan this year. I can't explain what it is? Maybe his cray cray sister made me feel sorry for him. I still don't ship CR, but I am starting to see him peel away his judgmental attitude and that's helping a bit.

As for the final scene I'm with those who say it seems forced. I'm not buying whatever weirdness they are trying to sell.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:19 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah it was an ok episode. There were too many roll the eyes moment for me like the end. I wish Cate and Baze would punish her. Lux gets off the hook too many times. It seems like Cate wants to but Baze cuts her off. She needs boundaries. Lux tonight showed them she needs them desperately.

Jones is Mr muscle man. Where did he get that body? I like him so much more this season. Too bad they rather have Lux hump an older man than a cute one her age like Jones.

Baze, bad idea having Page move in. She caused your damn bar to burn down and she gets rewarded with a place to live. She is not Lux she needs to pay you back not free room and board.

I still see nothing between Baze and Emma. No chemistry at all. She acts like his mom not a potential love interest.

Still can give two craps about Math. He should have been on Lux from the beginning of the school year. Not when she is failing at the end. I just don't like the guy and probably never will again.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Master Fan

I like seeing them get along as a foursome. Obviously I would prefer if it were just CBL, but Ryan is a part of the family now. They can't just shun him, and I much prefer them all getting along than constantly being at each other's throats. It also shows how he can still be a part of their lives even if he and Cate don't work out in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfce (View Post)
Baze, bad idea having Page move in. She caused your damn bar to burn down and she gets rewarded with a place to live. She is not Lux she needs to pay you back not free room and board.

I still see nothing between Baze and Emma. No chemistry at all. She acts like his mom not a potential love interest.

Still can give two craps about Math.
It's not like he's letting her stay for free. I see no problem with it if she's like every other roommate and pays rent. He needs a roommate to help pay as Math said last episode and most people don't want to live above a burnt building as Baze mentioned earlier in the episode. I think he'll take what he can get and right now that's Paige.

Agreed on Baze/Emma. I just don't feel it which is odd because I normally love Baze in scenes with anyone so I thought I'd get behind any Baze pairing. I don't like this Emma chick. I actually much prefer CR to them.

I still don't care about Math either. I always try to tune him out.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunkPunk88 (View Post)
I like seeing them get along as a foursome. Obviously I would prefer if it were just CBL, but Ryan is a part of the family now. They can't just shun him, and I much prefer them all getting along than constantly being at each other's throats. It also shows how he can still be a part of their lives even if he and Cate don't work out in the future.

It's not like he's letting her stay for free. I see no problem with it if she's like every other roommate and pays rent. He needs a roommate to help pay as Math said last episode and most people don't want to live above a burnt building as Baze mentioned earlier in the episode. I think he'll take what he can get and right now that's Paige.

Agreed on Baze/Emma. I just don't feel it which is odd because I normally love Baze in scenes with anyone so I thought I'd get behind any Baze pairing. I don't like this Emma chick. I actually much prefer CR to them.

I still don't care about Math either. I always try to tune him out.
For now she is staying for free. She has no job. After what went down with them it just yuck. Of course once Math starts falling for her. Baze will get the brunt of Math's anger. Been there and done that last season. We don't need a part two.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:30 PM
Elite Fan

I too got sidetracked with tweeting with Britt

Lux - Finally warmed up to her and see where she's been coming from. Still disappointed in her behavior but she completely won me over with what she said to Cate and Baze "If you want daughter that's you, then I'm sorry but you've got the wrong kid" I'm glad she stood up for herself and let them know they were putting too much pressure on her. The only thing I didn't like is that she was using Jones as a means to an end.

Baze - What can I say? It's obvious that I love this guy and am a die hard fan, so how do I not sound like a broken record Let me just say that I'm loving that our man-child is really becoming a man. It was nice to see him in a suit, sitting behind a desk, and putting that big heart and wit of his to work in his favor. One of my favorite moments is when he legit ratted himself out about sleeping with Paige in order to defend Lux. He really got offended that they'd actually accuse Lux of stealing money. Love to see the fatherly side of him. And he slapped Paige to wake her up

Baze/Lux - That scene, where she asks him to teach her basketball, literally made me tear up. First of season 2! I don't know what it was but that was a really touching scene and it revived the Lux/Baze moments I loved in season 1. God I missed this side of them!

Cate - Hilarious! The banana pot bread was the cutest thing. I want to say "swimmingly" from now on So glad that she hesitated in actually questioning Lux if she took her money. Cate is showing that she's getting to know her daughter and has faith in her. It could've backfired on her but mother's intuition told her that Lux wouldn't steal from her. She looked adorable in her golfing outfit!

Ryan - Can't blame the guy for flipping out on Baze but I'm glad they called a truce for now. I can't remember much else from the episode Blame tweeting!

Paige - I can't seem to care for her in this episode.

Emma - Don't really care for her yet. She just seems uptight and I wanted to hit her for calling Lux "The Illegitimate One"

Jones - The guy FINALLY grew on me during the time he's been away and his role in this episode was very much welcomed. He didn't come off as just some jock that hangs out with his lackeys or the cheerleaders - he seemed sincerely interested in hanging out with Lux and that was a great change!

Eric - Let me not even go there.

Over all I loved the episode. Felt so much more like season 1 material if I ignore the fact that Lux was showing too much cleavage in comparison to all the other girls in gym class (CW written all over it) and the predictable Eric tutoring Lux but there's feelings there storyline.

The CW needs to GTFO and let Liz do things her way.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:34 PM
Extreme Fan

The only thing I was fascinated about this episode is seeing Jack and Doug.
hahaha
YouTube - Jack and Doug, Scene 1
Old 09-28-2010, 09:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

I prefer Cate/Baze/Lux to the foursome, but with Cate and Ryan married the fact of the matter is we're going to get less of Cate/Baze/Lux and more of the foursome. It was one of the reasons I didn't want Cate and Ryan to get married. It was different when Cate and Ryan were just engaged, but now that they're living together, Ryan is going to be around almost all the time. I still thought it was a cute scene, but it is more forced...and in a sense it should be forced. It wouldn't be comfortable for them to be together. Ryan has to have some residual pent up anger toward Baze. Baze has to be somewhat jealous of Cate and Ryan. Lux has to feel somewhat bad for her role in Cate choosing Ryan over Baze. It's just a very awkward situation.

I don't see great chemistry between Emma and Baze, but I do kind of enjoy watching him work hard to impress her. Usually he doesn't work hard to impress anyone and girls just fall head over heels for them. He usually has the upper hand. It's kind of funny to watch him have to work for her approval. I don't know if I'll like them together romantically if that happens.

I wouldn't have let Paige move into the bar if I were Baze. Of course he can do whatever he wants-it's his bar, but that girl is nothing but trouble. I actually kind of like her. I think she's funny. But, she burned his bar down! That's just asking for trouble. Are we sure she's paying rent? I saw a few people mention why wouldn't he let her, she's paying rent, but I don't see how she could be paying rent. She doesn't seem to have a job and she told Baze she didn't have any money. She had to steal from Cate to give him $300. How the hell is she going to pay rent? I thought he offered her the room to be nice knowing she didn't have any money or anywhere to go, but I totally could have missed something.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:36 PM
Elite Fan

What is up with Lux cleavage? She never wore stuff like that before. Good Lord.