Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-10-2010, 07:30 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregirl82 (View Post)
ok I was under the impression that in the pilot Cate made mention of him not using a condom but what she says is if you hadn't used a condom that had been in your wallet for 2 years.....so I sort of mis-interpreted that.

Well either way it still takes two people to do the deed and two people to create a life. So both to blame. And Cate yes was a lot less selfish by choosing life where Baze thought she "took care of it" meaning abortion. But now they're grown and they both realize their mistakes and by choosing to keep Lux it shows they're both ready to try and grow up and do right by her.
That is just about the worst thing for a kid to know/hear I hope that Cate tells Lux what she told Ryan, someday. About not holding her when she was born because she knew if she did she wouldn't have been able to give her up. That was the most heartwretching moment for me concerning Cate's confessions on the show. I couldn't imagine being 16, just having gave birth, and not holding my child. I hope we actually get flashbacks or even a hidden photo of Cate being pregnant with Lux that they discover. Like, maybe Abby took it and kept it away and it was forgotten. That would be an amazing bonding experience for Cate and Lux, maybe even Baze since he wasn't around for that.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

I love those I ideas, Cristal! I really want Cate to open up more to Lux about what it was like for her to give birth at 16 and give her child up. I don't know if Lux fully comprehends how painful and heartwrenching that was for her. I'll take anything that leads to more mom/daughter bonding and family bonding.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really want Cate to tell Lux about not holding her because that was one of the things that Lux couldn't understand how Cate could hold her and then just give her up. I think Lux will maybe understand Cate a bit more about why she had to give her up and how hard it was for her.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:47 AM
Elite Fan

I know it would be late, but I'd love for Cate to talk to Lux about sex. Yeah, she's already having it and its with her long time boyfriend, but it makes you wonder how careful they really are, you know? A moment where Cate pulls her aside and actually talks about her pregnancy with Lux and how hard it was, that would be an amazing conversation though emotional for Cate.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ya I would like to see that too. Even though its too late for an actual sex talk she can just talk to her and make sure she is being safe.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:48 PM
Elite Fan

Ah, this is on the third page!

I really hope Cate gets Lux into some great study habits. I'd love to see her actually trying to get good grades and her self-esteem about college to improve. There's so much they can do with that type of storyline. Maybe another roadtrip, just mother and daughter this time, to check out some colleges!
Old 09-27-2010, 08:54 PM
Addicted Fan

A college roadtrip would be fun to see!

They do seem a lot closer this season. I love that Lux was so concerned about Cate last episode. It was obvious that they had talked between episode 1 & 2.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:26 PM
Elite Fan

It really is a great change to see them getting alone rather than at each others throats. Well, Cate is on Lux's toes about her grades but it seems as though Lux finally sees that Cate is only going into Mom mode, which is a welcomed reaction now. I almost feel like Lux wants Cate's attention more than ever.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

It does seem that she wants her attention more.

I loved them studying together, even though Lux probably didn't like it I loved that Cate came up with a study plan and everything to help her out. It was so sweet of her
Old 09-28-2010, 03:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Lux is gonna have to endure a lot more things she probably won't like in a household with Cate, lol. But she's gotta learn to be a kid now.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ya if she's gonna act like a kid she's gonna have to learn to be treated like a kid.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)
I love those I ideas, Cristal! I really want Cate to open up more to Lux about what it was like for her to give birth at 16 and give her child up. I don't know if Lux fully comprehends how painful and heartwrenching that was for her. I'll take anything that leads to more mom/daughter bonding and family bonding.
I agree, because I think that's the one thing this show is lacking in a bit. I mean, we get some awesome threesome pairings like CB/Lux or CR/Lux and alot of good Baze/Lux interactions but the solo Cate/Lux scenes seem scarce to me for some reason. I mean, I liked the bonding scene just before the wedding when Lux gave her that speech trying to relate to her mom, even if the feelings were somewhat misplaced for other reasons (ie. Baze not being completely honest with his feelings and both Cate and Lux feeling the frustration over that). But I would like to see some more Mother/Daughter bonding.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
I agree, because I think that's the one thing this show is lacking in a bit. I mean, we get some awesome threesome pairings like CB/Lux or CR/Lux and alot of good Baze/Lux interactions but the solo Cate/Lux scenes seem scarce to me for some reason. I mean, I liked the bonding scene just before the wedding when Lux gave her that speech trying to relate to her mom, even if the feelings were somewhat misplaced for other reasons (ie. Baze not being completely honest with his feelings and both Cate and Lux feeling the frustration over that). But I would like to see some more Mother/Daughter bonding.
Yeah, I definitely think we're lacking Cate/Lux scenes, especially this season. Last season we got more one-on-one talks and I was hoping they'd get closer this season. I know Ryan's around more now since he moved in, but there still seem to be a lot of missed opportunities. Cate could have followed Lux up to the attic after she asked Lux about the missing money and talked to her. Cate could have talked to Lux after she stormed out of the parent teacher conference and apologized for putting pressure on her but explained that it still doesn't excuse cheating. We get so many great talks with Baze and Lux (and I absolutely love those scenes), but I wish we got more with Cate and Lux as well.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ya we are lacking a lot of Cate/Lux I haven't really thought about it because Ive been loving all the family time we are getting but I'd love to see one one one scenes. It would have been great to see Cate apologizing to Lux about the money or talking to her about cheating or anything.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Yeah we are lacking meaningful one-on-one Cate/Lux talks. I think they missed a great opportunity for one in the last episode, but...maybe we'll still get one in the future - about Lux cheating and Cate's expectations, about Cate accusing Lux of stealing the money - anything. I hope so. It's long overdue.