Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-26-2010, 05:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

So Lux told Cate she didn't forgive her in Family Therapized. Since then, Lux told Cate and Baze that she loved them and wanted to be adopted. Do you think Lux will ever forgive Cate?
Old 08-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Oh, I def. think Lux will forgive Cate. I have no clue how long it will take before she actually says it (or IF she'll ever actually say it), but when she told Cate and Baze that she loved them and wanted them to be her parents officially that was a HUGE step for her. She already feels safe with Cate and trusts that she's not going anywhere. We know that Lux is capable of forgiveness - at least with people she is close to. She did take Bug back after he left.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Im sure she will forgive her eventually. Its gonna take a long time. She can want to be with Cate and be a real family and love her and all that but still haven't forgiven her. Lux has been through a lot in her life and she still blames it all on Cate. She may understand why Cate did it but it doesn't change the fact that it happened. Lux has to accept that before she can forgive Cate.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:37 PM
Total Fan

Lux def. took big steps by the last few episodes. I think esp. the finale where she just opened up honestly to Cate. She's learning to accept them as her family, flaws and all.
I am sure Lux will still get mad at Cate - what daughter doesn't get mad at their parents. But I am confident their relationship will be better this season.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:45 PM
Elite Fan

I certainly hope that their relationship becomes more civil this season. Will she ever forgive Cate? I believe it's possible but those wounds will not heal, thats for sure. WHen she said she'd never forgive Cate it was pretty harsh and hurtful but she was angry. She'll forgive Cate in time but the hurt will remain, that's not something that can be chased away with a happy family. She's been through hardships that no one can understand except Lux and she's going to carry that with her and she will always associate that with being given up. It's not fair that she blames Cate, but she has a point in saying that she didn't expect Baze to be there at all...it was her mother that she wanted. She wanted to be protected.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Those wounds will always be there but she can move past them. and i really hope that we get to see more of a civil relationship between them now
Old 08-29-2010, 09:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

I definitely think their relationship will be more civil. Even just since Family Therapized, it's been much more civil and they'll probably continue to get closer. I don't think Lux will run off anymore. I'm sure they'll still argue at times, but I don't think Lux will be as angry at Cate. I don't know that she'll ever completely forgive her, though. She's been through a lot that she can't just get over and-fairly or unfairly-she blames it on Cate. She knows that she wouldn't have had as bad a life if Cate had kept her even though Cate had no way of knowing that at the time.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxfan (View Post)
So Lux told Cate she didn't forgive her in Family Therapized. Since then, Lux told Cate and Baze that she loved them and wanted to be adopted. Do you think Lux will ever forgive Cate?
Yes she will but it will really take sometime...I never really felt Lux much until I saw her past it was just sad how she always wanted her mother to be there and she wasn't so I understand how Lux feels so yeah it'll take time but eventually she will forgive.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ya it will take time because you have to realize that her entire life all she wanted was her mom and she never gave up hope. Up until she was 15 she was still thinking her mom was gonna show up and save her and Cate never did that. That hurt Lux more than anyone could ever know and you can't just get over that quickly.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:49 AM
Elite Fan

I hope they expand on that a little. Not that Lux gives Cate the cold shoulder but the repercussion of that inner turmoil she's had inside when Cate never came back for her. Like in Family Therapized, when Lux said "I'm more messed up inside than you know" (or something like that)...I just want to see something more come from that. What has she been through? Will she open up and tell Cate? How will Cate take it? Will she slowly start to blame herself even more than she already has?

Things need to go downhill in order to get better and I think they all need to confront the skeletons in their closet. Lux can't keep it all inside forever and the only person I think she'd feel comfortable (in her current, new life) to share it with would be Cate.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ya she can't keep it inside forever, it has to come out and she has to come clean to Cate. Ya its gonna make Cate feel like crap but she needs to know what Lux went through if they are ever gonna have a good relationship. They can't bring up all that stuff in Family Therapized about how messed up Lux is inside and not expand on that.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Yeah, I think it will be really hard for Lux to share that with Cate, but it has to happen. She can't keep it inside forever. She does love Cate, and doesn't want to hurt her or make her feel worse. But, at the same time, they will never grow closer if Lux doesn't open up.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:40 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
What has she been through? Will she open up and tell Cate? How will Cate take it? Will she slowly start to blame herself even more than she already has?
I agree. When she makes comments like creepy dads who hit on me, or foster parents shoving you into walls, and all these broken homes. You knwo there is more to it all. Perhaps Liz didn't want to dive into that all so soon with audiences and maye we'll eventually get to learn more about Lux's past. Perhaps when things get brought up maybe this will be the time where she kind of recalls things that have happened. I'd kinda still like to see the family therapy. I think it's still good for them to keep at it. Maybe we wont' see it on screen but hypothetically it would be nice if they made mention of going to see Fern and/or a therapist.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelface211 (View Post)
Ya it will take time because you have to realize that her entire life all she wanted was her mom and she never gave up hope. Up until she was 15 she was still thinking her mom was gonna show up and save her and Cate never did that. That hurt Lux more than anyone could ever know and you can't just get over that quickly.
yes IA with that post and it really wouldn't be realistic for Lux to just move on a forget it but I hope in time she'll move on and accept that her Mom is here with her now. So I can't wait to see more that develop in their relationship.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ya I want her to accept Cate and move on with her life but not before facing her issues.