Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-16-2010, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Yeah, for them to all of a sudden have a perfect relationship would be completely unrealistic. I want it to continue developing naturally, with the requisite amount of conflict and drama and lots of touching one-on-one mother/daughter talks. LOVE those.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes exactly. I want to see them grow closer but it has to be in a realistic time frame
Old 07-16-2010, 08:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Liz has done a great job being realistic so far. I've heard spoilers that make it sound like Lux will be on better behavior this season, which worries me a little. I don't want her to be as bratty, but I also don't want her to be the perfect daughter who does everything Cate says and never argues. That's not realistic for any teenager. Much less one who is used to being on her own and struggling with having authority figures all of a sudden
Old 07-16-2010, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Im sure Liz will not make her all of a sudden a perfect teenager. I think Lux will be trying to be better but like all teenagers she will screw up
Old 07-17-2010, 09:26 AM
Elite Fan

I'm sure problems will appear because she's a teenager and she's still adjusting to family life.

Also the Baze/Cate/Ryan drama is going to affect her for sure.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:36 AM
New Fan

Eventhough liz is being with family.. but it is sure that she will get into trouble. as when trying to be perfect.. definitely have to get into trouble.... let us see what happens..
I hope it will be more interesting once got into trouble....
Old 07-17-2010, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Yep, always need some trouble to keep it interesting.

Welcome, pathbman!
Old 07-17-2010, 10:29 AM
Total Fan

Liz just said that Lux doesn't want Cate and BAze to think they got a "lemon" so she'll try to not screw up. But we all know she's a teen and she's not perfect so there are bound to be times that she does something that CB won't like and could cause a bit of a rift.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Yeah, like a typical teenager, she might try to stay out of trouble, but she'll slip up once in awhile. And now that she has parents that she feels accountable to (and who she wants to be proud of her - especially Cate), she might try to hide her mistakes, which will get her in deeper trouble. I really want Lux to begin to feel like she can go to Cate, even when she screws up and gets into trouble. I know that Cate wants her to feel safe coming to her.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:20 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)
Yep, always need some trouble to keep it interesting.

Welcome, pathbman!
Thank you lol
Happy to be here with people like you...

Last edited by pathbman; 07-17-2010 at 08:21 PM
Old 07-18-2010, 09:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

What are some things you guys think Lux will do or want to see her do that will be a source of tension?

I think she's probably done taking off when they aren't getting along. She asked to come home and she made the decision to be adopted.

I was wondering if the subject of college will come up. Knowing Cate, she probably wants Lux to go to college. In Turtle Undefeated, Bug said Lux wouldn't be able to get into college because her grades weren't good. And I can imagine Lux feeling uncomfortable letting Cate pay for college. That could be a source of tension. It would be really cute to see them go on another road trip to look at colleges.

When do you guys think Lux will call Cate "Mom?" I don't want it to happen too soon. That would be unrealistic, but I definitely want to see it happen at some point.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ya I really hope that we are past the whole they get in a argument and Lux goes to the other parent, that is just immature and after she came and asked to come home it would just be bad.

College could be a great source of tension we all can just assume that Cate wants Lux to go but like Bug said Lux doesn't really have the grades to go. So there could be tension there with Lux and Cate.

As for the mom thing I don't know when I want it, I know I do but because there is so much that still hasnt' been said between them I want it to take a while because when we get it I want it to be realistic
Old 07-18-2010, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Yeah, please let us be done with the Lux taking off when her and Cate get in an argument. I hope we are past that.

I agree, some talk about grades or going to college could be a good source of tension. Especially since Cate was valedictorian in high school. I could see Cate putting pressure on Lux to achieve academically, without even realizing that she is doing it. Cate just knows that Lux is very bright and wants the best for her. She'll want to encourage her. But, Lux might see it as Cate pushing her to be more like...Cate. Though they have many things in common, Lux is not Cate.

I would love to see "mom" said this season, but I agree Nat, I want it to be realistic.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah, I don't want Lux to call Cate "Mom" too soon or at an unrealistic time. I'm trying to think of when it would seem natural and drawing a blank. It's a big deal and Lux hasn't even been with Cate for a year. I'm sure Liz will handle it well. She's managed to handle everything else realistically so far.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I want the mom thing this season but I don't really believe it would be realistic that soon but I guess we have to see how things go and how Liz takes it. Maybe it will be realistic for it to happen soon