Old 11-26-2010, 12:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Loved that scene!
Emily
Old 11-26-2010, 09:41 AM
Extreme Fan

Me too!

Oh and look:

You see, Liz does show her love for C/B!
So cool! I still remember before a couple of months ago, when we thought that Liz wasn't a C/B shipper!

Could I just turn and stare in icy silence ♫
Old 11-28-2010, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Old 11-28-2010, 04:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelspicy (View Post)
Oh and look:

You see, Liz does show her love for C/B!
So cool! I still remember before a couple of months ago, when we thought that Liz wasn't a C/B shipper!
Old 11-28-2010, 05:41 PM
Master Fan

Aww, people (and Liz) spreading CB love makes me happy.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:25 PM
Elite Fan

Rachel I did not see that!

I swear. I think Liz is an even bigger CB shipper than all of us!
Old 11-29-2010, 10:48 AM
Passionate Fan

And that's why we have to bombard her...politely, ok.
CB is her Frankenstein and we have to express how much we love them, there.
Sometimes we might seem really insistent, but with little things like that no one will be bothered...I bet they'll feel proud.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hii! My name is Gen. I just started watching Life Unexpected and i absolutely LOVE Cate/Baze! I am all caught up on the episodes and I just HAVE to watch it. I can't believe this might be the last season! ;/ It's SUCH a good show. Anyways. I was wondering If I could be added to the shippers list?

And i have a question.. One of the scenes on the OP, the one where Kris kisses Shiri on the cheek, where is that from?! "He's trying to get me pregnant again!" Hahah, loove it! If someone could link me to it, that'd be great! <3
Old 12-01-2010, 12:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by genie.x (View Post)
Hii! My name is Gen. I just started watching Life Unexpected and i absolutely LOVE Cate/Baze! I am all caught up on the episodes and I just HAVE to watch it. I can't believe this might be the last season! ;/ It's SUCH a good show. Anyways. I was wondering If I could be added to the shippers list?

And i have a question.. One of the scenes on the OP, the one where Kris kisses Shiri on the cheek, where is that from?! "He's trying to get me pregnant again!" Hahah, loove it! If someone could link me to it, that'd be great! <3
Welcome

It's from this interview:

YouTube - Life Unexpected Preview with TV Guide Magazine!

I loved all the CB talk in Kris' new blog. At least they know what most fans ultimately want and that's CB.

Quote:
Liz Tigelaar: Liz here. Awkwardly interjecting to a conversation I'm not a part of. Which is not uncommon, in that I'm always lurking around actors giving them wanted and unwanted feedback. I will just say that even as a Cate and Baze fan, I have completely enjoyed writing the relationship of Baze and Emma. I love them together! You both are so much fun to work with and finishing your last scenes together made me so sad. I want it to continue because it's so much fun to see two actors with so much heart, chemistry and respect for each other. And I like laughing in the trailer with you. A lot. It will be awkward to do that by myself since I'm not that funny and don't have a trailer.

K.P.: That's right , Liz, you don't. Which is really sad to me because you created the show. You should have a trailer. Although, I noticed Shiri's is extra big. Alright, Emma, how did you feel stepping into the middle of the Cate-Baze love affair. People really love the Cate and Baze chemistry. Did you consider it when you started the job, or did you even know who Cate and Baze were?
E.C.: I didn't know much about it.. I had boycotted the show when I didn't get the pilot. (Love you, Liz!) I think you were the one who filled me in on the Cate-Baze-Ryan triangle, and I remember thinking that I wish I didn't know anything about it. I wanted what we were doing to exist by itself, on it's own, and let the audience find us. Let them fall in love with these two people as they were falling in love with each other. I also though that we would give Cate and Baze a run for their money.

We had a natural ease about us from the get go. You recently said to me that we are really honest with each other, sometimes brutally so and that kind of honestly can only come with trust. You know you are safe with me and I, you. I don't think that kind of trust took long to build. There was, as least on my end, an immediate, 'oh, I know you', in regards to how I felt about you. There is a sexiness to these characters together. You combine that with how we are in real life, and it's potent and fun to watch. Cate and Baze who, I say!

K.P.: [Laughter erupts from me!] That's great. I remember that day when I told you about Cate and Baze and I remember feeling very vulnerable for my character knowing that the audience finds a big thrill in watching Cate and Baze together. As one half of that magical duet, I was now alone and embarking on a new relationship that would either float or sink Baze for the audience. So, it wasn't so much a 'hey listen, there's this thing don't mess with it,' as it was a 'alright, if I want to keep working we need to really have some heat come from us, something for the audience to really root for and get behind.'

I can say, after reading Facebook and hearing the word on the street that we accomplished this feat. People like Baze and Emma together, people can root for us. They might still pine for a Cate-Baze reunion, but in the meantime, we ain't so bad.
And personally, I have had so much fun working with you. You are a very generous actress, you are present and in the moment when you act, game for anything, and most importantly, you laugh at all my jokes. Even the really unfunny ones, and nothing makes a man feel better than a pretty girl who laughs at his jokes. That was a smart move on your part. We created some really great chemistry onscreen. And I liked you offscreen, too.
That "in the meantime" gave me hope which I needed because the show itself gives me none. I also love that Liz has no problem admitting she's a CB fan.

I have to say these tweets tonight really pissed me off:

Quote:
liztigelaar @Joy_Tweets4Lux re: your other question, we weren't allowed to do as much cate/baze this season either.

liztigelaar @Joy_Tweets4Lux we were encouraged to steer away from the triangle... which was hard for me. i forgot that big thing when you asked! haha.
The lack of Cate and Baze is their fault too? I hate the CW! They take away the 2 things that made season 1 so good: the family scenes & the triangle. Do they not realize how popular triangles are? Do they not realize how many fans love CB? I'm convinced they wanted the show to fail. Like any of us are going to care for the newbies when they're taking away from the things we do care about. They tried to turn the show into something it's not and it clearly didn't work and all they're left with are pissed off and disgruntled fans.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:22 AM
Extreme Fan

Welcome Gen! I'm Rachel!
You've come to the right place if you're a C/B shipper! I'm sure Cristal will add you soon to the list! And we're sad too.
Funny that you asked that question because I think that's one of the first things that I asked when I came to this board! I still love that part so much!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristalBuddy (View Post)
Rachel I did not see that!

I swear. I think Liz is an even bigger CB shipper than all of us!
I feel like a stalker... Sometimes I even rewatch pictures to see if there's any new comments!
Haha who knows!!? You know what would be funny? If we ask Liz if she likes C/B and she tries to act chill and everything "Yeah, they make a pretty good pair, I guess..." but then we go to her apartment and what do we see? Giant posters of C/B on every wall and C/B towels, C/B mugs, she even has a special alarm clock that wakes you up with their voices: "When you and I did it, did it mean something or not?-We're always gonna be broken-When you and I did it, did it mean something or not?-We're always gonna be broken..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunkPunk88 (View Post)
Aww, people (and Liz) spreading CB love makes me happy.
I know! So nice!

About the Thanksgiving episode, I loved their kitchen scene! But I had the same reaction as Baze when Cate pushed him away! I knew she was going to find out about her pregnancy, yet it didn't hit me when she had that reaction. I didn't think "Oh yeah, it's because she's pregnant..." I was just surprised. Too bad she wasn't up for some Baze affection because since we don't get much of C/B these days, it would've been a sweet moment!

Lisa!! I'm totally with you! I'm still SO upset by these tweets! I swear! Especially the first one, that she wasn't ALLOWED to do as much C/B!!!! Seriously CW!!!????

Could I just turn and stare in icy silence ♫
Old 12-01-2010, 02:03 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelspicy (View Post)
Haha who knows!!? You know what would be funny? If we ask Liz if she likes C/B and she tries to act chill and everything "Yeah, they make a pretty good pair, I guess..." but then we go to her apartment and what do we see? Giant posters of C/B on every wall and C/B towels, C/B mugs, she even has a special alarm clock that wakes you up with their voices: "When you and I did it, did it mean something or not?-We're always gonna be broken-When you and I did it, did it mean something or not?-We're always gonna be broken..."
I know! So nice!
That's a funny mental picture.

I really liked the kitchen scene. It felt like old times with their banter.

Quote:
Baze: Yello -
Cate: You know there's this crazy new invention, it's called a door bell. You use it when you want to enter a house where you don't live.
Baze: Yeah, they also invented something called a cellphone but it only works if you turn it on. So umm, I need to swap dinner times with you.
Cate: Umm, no.
Baze: Why?
Cate: Sorry we flipped a coin for it. You got early dinner, I got late dinner.
Baze: Okay, I have more people coming over and I bought a monstrous turkey which is never going to cook in time.
Cate: You know I'm making a ton of food too and I can't cook it any faster either.
Baze: You're cooking? Cuz Lux said you're probably just ordering Chinese.
Cate: That's great. I'm supposed to let you have the perfect dinner with Lux and I'm supposed to be stuck here at the house while my mom drinks and my sister who still thinks it's 2008 puts on Single Ladies and tries to teach us the dance. That's great.
Baze: Fine. You bring Abby, you bring Laverne, and we can all have Thanksgiving at my place. They can put a ring on it there. Look, we both want to give Lux her first real Thanksgiving, it's not fair to put her in the middle.
Cate: Well who else is going to be there?
Baze: Not Paige, and Ryan will be having Thanksgiving with his mom if that's what you're worried about.
Cate: That's good.
Baze: That's good? Aren't you 2 supposed to be trying to work things out?
Cate: Yeah, we're trying. It was supposed to be our first Thanksgiving together.
Baze: Well guess what, brightside - it'll be our first Thanksgiving together.
(tries touching her and she squirms away)
Cate: I'm sorry, what is the brightside?
Baze: (Laughs) Wow, easy there, moodswing. You know I don't think I've seen you this volatile since high school.
Cate: You can go now.
Baze: Are you okay because you look a little peaky?
(tries touching her again and she pulls away)
Cate: Okay, out.
Baze: Okay. Hey Cate, don't be late.
Plus it was almost 2 minutes long which is longer than most of their recent scenes. Improvement.

Last edited by CrunkPunk88; 12-01-2010 at 02:09 AM
Old 12-01-2010, 05:47 AM
Elite Fan

I added you yesterday morning Gen Just couldn't post on the thread to let you know due to the technical difficulties on the site.

Don't even get me started on the CW. I'm so glad I was drinking wine last night. As I was tweeting and watching Liz&Joy tweet back and forth I started chugging my glass.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

hey guys. I'm glad I got involved in the tweet last night. Liz is great and I hate the CW even more now. First they forced GG to delay my DS and now they do the same CB. POO on you.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:20 AM
Elite Fan

So Cate is actually pregnant. No comment and the rest of the episode yeah no comment. Too bad the court scene couldn't happened at the begining of this season instead of next week. Maybe Lux would still be here for at least 9 more episodes.

What was said on the tweets? What did the CW do to C/B?
Old 12-01-2010, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfce (View Post)
So Cate is actually pregnant. No comment and the rest of the episode yeah no comment. Too bad the court scene couldn't happened at the begining of this season instead of next week. Maybe Lux would still be here for at least 9 more episodes.

What was said on the tweets? What did the CW do to C/B?
they made liz go away from the triangle and minimize cb for the time being. but she also chose to marry cr off. If she hadn't done that they prob wouldn't have made her do that.