Old 06-15-2011, 12:15 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the pics

He really likes to play golf!
Old 06-15-2011, 10:47 AM
Elite Fan

I just found this new article:

Quote:
V Star Recalls 'Tough Ride' to Cancellation, Weighs In on Possible Wrap-Up Movie

Seeing as none of the stars of ABC’s V had gone out and booked “second position” (aka back-up plan) pilot roles this spring, you can imagine that news of the show’s ultimate cancellation was quite a gut-punch.

“It was a tough ride,” Joel Gretsch, who played Father Jack, shared with TVLine at 2nd Annual SAG Foundation Golf Classic. “We were in the middle ground, and we didn’t know which way it was going to go. We were down to the wire, so we couldn’t really go on to something else.”

Costars Elizabeth Mitchell and Morena Baccarin said as much in March interviews with TVLine, indicating that the prospects for the show looked good enough that no one was hot to hedge their bets with pilot bookings.

“It’s unfortunate [because] I think we still had some good stories to tell,” Gretsch says of V’s axing after two runs. “If we got another season, it would have been amazing. I saw [executive producer] Scott Rosenbaum a few weeks before we got canceled, and he told me they were pitching some great ideas to the network and the studio…. Pretty compelling stuff.”

All of which makes us wonder, as we do with the snuffing of most every short-lived sci-fi series (see The Event, Heroes): What’s the outlook for a TV-movie offering up some closure?

Gretsch is bearish. “I kind of doubt it, considering that a lot of the actors are moving on to new stuff,” he says, citing as one example Baccarin’s role on the new Showtime series Homeland. Likewise, Gretsch himself just scored a juicy guest-star gig on USA Network’s In Plain Sight, while Laura Vandervoort — who was poised to play dual roles in V‘s third season — is now lining up movies, starting with Seth MacFarlane’s Ted.

“The longer you wait, the chances of that happening aren’t very good,” Gretsch notes. “But it’s a great idea though, isn’t it?” (With reporting by Vlada Gelman)

V's Joel Gretsch Recalls 'Tough Ride' to Cancellation, Talks Possible Wrap-Up Movie - TVLine
Old 06-15-2011, 12:09 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the article

I don't think there will be a movie though
Old 06-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

^ Thanks for that, I just read it.

Yeah, and I doubt there would have been anymore good stories left to tell with him still in charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ayumi~ (View Post)
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/1303/tumblrlmpbofon4y1qfdw7a.png
credit

Such beautiful picspam.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:46 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think there will be a wrap-up movie either. If successful shows like 'Married With Children' or 'Heroes' didn't get one, why would 'V' be the exception? And even if V would get a wrap-up movie (huge if), it's clear to me that after the mess the writers made out of the show, the only way they could bring the show to a close in 90 minutes is by using a silly deus ex machina type of plot device. That is assuming that the story would end with humanity killing all things V, of course. If the story were to end with Amy's evil hybrid race taking over, it would have been much much easier to pull off.

Quote:
Yeah, and I doubt there would have been anymore good stories left to tell with him still in charge.
Definitely. If the Wondercon spoilers are anything to go by, the 'compelling stuff' SR was pitching to the network and studio was only more nonsense that didn't make any sense whatsoever.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:56 PM
Obsessed Fan

^ Yeah, I agree. V's done and there's no going back thanks to SR.

Yep.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Um, putting to the side that I highly doubt to ever see one, I think the more prelavent question is, would we really WANT a wrap up movie based on this?!

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:34 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Um, putting to the side that I highly doubt to ever see one, I think the more prelavent question is, would we really WANT a wrap up movie based on this?!
Honestly? I don't. At least now that the story is open-ended, I can continue it in my head and give all the characters and the plot a logical ending. It would be a huge shame to lose that opportunity.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Honestly? I don't. At least now that the story is open-ended, I can continue it in my head and give all the characters and the plot a logical ending. It would be a huge shame to lose that opportunity.
Yes, in this case, I absolutely agree. One of the view benefits for V in having been cancelled without so much closure. I've actually recently come to be appreciative of that for LUX as well, since Liz (the creator) was at least able to make the ending final for the couple I wanted together. If the show had continued, I suspect that the CW was going to taint them even more and keep them apart. So, while seeing more of the journey for them would have been nice, I've also come to realize that it could have been fantasy anyway and I'm appreciative to have the conclusion I do.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Yes, in this case, I absolutely agree. One of the view benefits for V in having been cancelled without so much closure. I've actually recently come to be appreciative of that for LUX as well, since Liz (the creator) was at least able to make the ending final for the couple I wanted together. If the show had continued, I suspect that the CW was going to taint them even more and keep them apart. So, while seeing more of the journey for them would have been nice, I've also come to realize that it could have been fantasy anyway and I'm appreciative to have the conclusion I do.
Yeah, I get that. I think at this point, I would only want for V to continue if they would hire a new showrunner + writing staff and SR stays as far away from the show as possible. But I know that SR would undoubtly be back and with him the nonsensical storytelling. Even if he weren't, the show would still probably continue to be a failure for at least 1 more season because the new showrunner would need some time to get it back on track and repair the damage SR inflicted upon it. It's basically a hopeless cause at this point, so I'm fine with it ending the way it did, as sad as it is that I am thinking and feeling this way considering how high my hopes were when it first started out.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Yeah, I get that. I think at this point, I would only want for V to continue if they would hire a new showrunner + writing staff and SR stays as far away from the show as possible. But I know that SR would undoubtly be back and with him the nonsensical storytelling. Even if he weren't, the show would still probably continue to be a failure for at least 1 more season because the new showrunner would need some time to get it back on track and repair the damage SR inflicted upon it. It's basically a hopeless cause at this point, so I'm fine with it ending the way it did, as sad as it is that I am thinking and feeling this way considering how high my hopes were when it first started out.
I know. Like I said before ... in this case, I'm thinking the 'it was all a dream' scenario as the premise kickoff for a continuation with a new showrunner, wouldn't be half bad. Erica could have dreamt what she did and then the dream could have been like, precognitive in nature ... a forewarning of what was to come. That way, the new showrunner ideally gets a kind of clean slate to work with.

Old 07-04-2011, 01:32 PM
Elite Fan

I checked the official In Plain Sight website and Joel's guest spot will air on July 24 at 10PM on USA network.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good for him. I, on the other hand, will be in Florida that day busy so I most likely won't be watching. But anyone else who does, can report back on his role.

Old 07-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Elite Fan

I still haven't decided yet whether or not I'm going to watch it, but I'm sure Joel will give a good performance.