Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-21-2010, 06:52 PM
Master Fan

Padua Courtyard {OT} #6: Because we all love a bit a fiction in our lives

Title suggestions welcome, let me know of one and I'll change it

Quote:
I know I do! They make for perfect bedtime reading imo, not too heavy. And defnitely check out Forbidden if you can, I recommend it!
I agree, they're so easy to read and I have such an addiction to them

Quote:
I think I will check out the book sometime. It's not something I'd normally read especially incest and all but for some reason It sounds quite good. I've been looking through reviews and see there are a lot of 5 stars and 4 stars for the book. How did you come across it? Let me know how her other books are too!

What is Shiver? It sounds familiar.

I agree, they are perfect bedtime reading

New thread time!
I saw the ratings too which made me more intrigued into getting the book, I think it will be really good from the looks of it, from what I've read, it seems so emotive so I do think I'd enjoy it
i'll take a bruise, I know you're worth it
when you hit me, hit me h a r d
♥trifecta♥
Old 08-22-2010, 03:51 AM
Absolute Fan

Love the title!!

I stumbled across Forbidden, I was was buying Shiver and Linger for my boss and it was 3 for 2 so I was searchning for the other book she wanted. And the front cover caught my eye. I was expecting it to be another supernatural love story so was a little surprised when I read the back. So I went home and brought it the next day. Finished it within about two days, I couldn't put it down.

Shiver is about a romance between a werewolf and a girl. Linger is it's sequel. They're alright, I liked them. Kinda like Twilight in the sense they're not groundbreaking but they're better written!!
Old 08-22-2010, 05:13 AM
Master Fan

Hmmm, I'm not sure if I'd like Shiver, but then, I can never decide until I've read the book so I might have a look in my library first to read that to see if I like it. I could do with getting into more books to keep my time occupied, otherwise I'll be doing nothing all the time
♥trifecta♥
Old 08-22-2010, 08:29 AM
Absolute Fan

Shiver isn't a fantastic book. But it is better written than Twilight (not that that is difficult) and made for a nice change to vampires
Old 08-22-2010, 01:05 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killers Angel Eyes (View Post)
Shiver isn't a fantastic book. But it is better written than Twilight (not that that is difficult) and made for a nice change to vampires
I didn't enjoy Shiver much. I thought it was ok, but I was quite underwhelmed... I haven't bought the sequel which says a lot, as I'm a book monster

Quote:
I stumbled across Forbidden, I was was buying Shiver and Linger for my boss and it was 3 for 2 so I was searchning for the other book she wanted. And the front cover caught my eye. I was expecting it to be another supernatural love story so was a little surprised when I read the back. So I went home and brought it the next day. Finished it within about two days, I couldn't put it down.
I really want to check it out, I might have to order it when I get paid at the end of the month

Annie & Mitchell
C l a i r e
Old 08-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Absolute Fan

I'm so glad the fact it's about incest hasn't put anyone off reading it, I thought it might.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah, one of the reasons I cannot even get past page 1 of Twilight is because I'm not a fan of how it's written atm, I usually know if I'll get into a book from the first few pages but with Twilight, I can't really push myself to get further. I think if the writing's good enough I could end up liking shiver. So I'l definitely going to check that out.

Quote:
I didn't enjoy Shiver much. I thought it was ok, but I was quite underwhelmed... I haven't bought the sequel which says a lot, as I'm a book monster
Have you got any reccomendations yourself Claire? I'm looking for more books to read

Quote:
I'm so glad the fact it's about incest hasn't put anyone off reading it, I thought it might.
I'm a bit of a weirdo and actually find incest an 'interesting' thing to hear about. Not because I'm for it, I'm not of course. But I just find it so interesting how some people explain how they feel about their siblings. I mean I was a huge fan of the Rhys/Beth storyline in Hollyoaks (don't judge me ) as I thought it was really good how they should how simply it could happen. I think it's sad too, it's not like people want to fall in love with their siblings so it's just a whole thing I've always been interested in hearing about.
♥trifecta♥
Old 08-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Absolute Fan

I'm the same. I find it a oddly fasinating subject. I loved the Rhys/Beth storyline in HO. Quite sad how it ended though, it's one of the only times I've ever really liked Rhys!!

I need to go to bed now, work tomorrow. see you all tomorrow
Old 08-22-2010, 03:24 PM
Master Fan

Same! I used to adore Rhys and then he annoyed me and then when Beth came I found the whole storyline interesting and it was just so great! Especially because the ending was so sad and hardhitting. I loved how it affected too many people, how it was such a shock and it was such an accident but as much as they tried to stop, they just couldn't. I just found it such a good storyline, was one of my favourite storylines

Good night Elle Have a good sleep, talk to you later
♥trifecta♥
Old 08-22-2010, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh I hated Rhys so much
Old 08-22-2010, 05:38 PM
Master Fan

He was such a loser, wasn't he I did love his relationship with Hannah, I thought it was so sweet how close they were. But overall, he was and still is a tool!
♥trifecta♥
Old 08-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

He is a major tool Hated him with the whole Kane/Kirsty SL. Plus he just looks like a douche.

Oh btw Priya you need to close the old thread
Old 08-22-2010, 05:55 PM
Master Fan

Are you on about the H&A Rhys? I was talking about the Hollyoaks Rhys !! Either way, both are tools! Rhys in Home and Away annoyed the crap out of my, such a judgemental loser, I didn't like him at all!

Ah yes, thanks for reminding me
♥trifecta♥
Old 08-22-2010, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh I thought you were talking about H&A Rhys You said Beth too and he had a Beth Too weird.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:04 PM
Master Fan

Such an easy mistake to make! Oh yeah, he went out with Beth! I completely forgot about that This Rhys and Beth were half siblings...who were in love

What was Kirsty's sisters name? There was Dani and then I forgot the other one
♥trifecta♥