Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2017, 01:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww great scene, I love the bit before that Ross planning their future because he knew they would end up together
Old 11-15-2017, 06:52 PM
Elite Fan

Their first "I love you" definitely fit them and their dynamic. It was kind of cute how their disagreement turned into a confession of love. It was actually rather sweet how Ross thought so much about their future together, something we never really saw him do with anyone else.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
Those are all great scenes. David/Jennifer played off each other so well in those emotional scenes, they're just so into the moment that you believe they're really together and hopelessly in love.
So true. I loved them together.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Their first "I love you" definitely fit them and their dynamic. It was kind of cute how their disagreement turned into a confession of love. It was actually rather sweet how Ross thought so much about their future together, something we never really saw him do with anyone else.
Thinking of how he was always daydreaming about their future together, that episode where Rachel was all funnily freaked out about how he dreamt of them moving away and settling down and her reaction was priceless
Old 11-21-2017, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So it's got to be like 4-5 years now since I've posted here regularly but a friend of mine from back in high school has a five month old son that I've been babysitting this fall, and today, just for fun, I decided to rap Baby Got Back to him. He wasn't crying or fussing, I just wanted to see what he would do.

He laughed SO hard.

Old 12-10-2017, 11:48 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSapphire (View Post)
Thinking of how he was always daydreaming about their future together, that episode where Rachel was all funnily freaked out about how he dreamt of them moving away and settling down and her reaction was priceless
Ross was way off there though, they didn't move to the suburbs, Modler did.
Old 12-25-2017, 12:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

I visit this website quite often called TV Tropes and it uses different examples of TV cliches with characters and storylines and on the Friends one Kevin Bright was asked about where all the characters would be in their lives now. He mentioned that Ross and Rachel stayed together, got married and had more kids. He believes that, Jennifer Aniston believes that and so do I.
I read a lot of Friends fan fiction on fanfiction.net and there are so many authors on there that choose to write about Ross and Rachel breaking up once again post series and that just confuses me. The finale was to show that Ross and Rachel had grown as people and were finally ready to handle a relationship with each other again because they were both in the same place at that point, and they had a child. It wouldn't make any sense for them to break up again. But to each their own. I am currently writing a Ross/Rachel story where they finally get their wedding. It happens post series. I'm pretty happy with it, although I haven't updated it in awhile.
Ross and Rachel are the characters and couple that you either love them or you hate them and there is really no pleasing everyone. So out there in TV land, Ross and Rachel are still together, happily married with Emma and more kids. I can't accept anything else.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:27 PM
Elite Fan

I can't imagine Ross/Rachel breaking up again post finale. They were both ready to stop running and finding excuses not to be together. Plus they now have a daughter to think of, it would break Emma's heart to see her parents separate once again. I can't imagine that they would get back together if they weren't 100% sure they were ready for a life-time commitment. And they never stopped loving each other even when they weren't together, they were always a huge part of each other's lives/hearts.
Old 12-27-2017, 09:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I can't imagine Ross/Rachel breaking up again post finale. They were both ready to stop running and finding excuses not to be together. Plus they now have a daughter to think of, it would break Emma's heart to see her parents separate once again. I can't imagine that they would get back together if they weren't 100% sure they were ready for a life-time commitment. And they never stopped loving each other even when they weren't together, they were always a huge part of each other's lives/hearts.
I completely agree with all of this!
Old 12-29-2017, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
And they never stopped loving each other even when they weren't together, they were always a huge part of each other's lives/hearts.
Exactly! They were just scared to get hurt again but love was never the problem, they never wanted the other to move in with someone else because all this time they were still in love and hoping deep down that may be one day they will get their chance again!
They just needed that final push to get back together again and once they were they knew it was it! Getting over their fear to finally be happy again together!

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 12-31-2017, 09:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

How many of you haven't been able to watch Ross and Rachel's breakup more than once? I was only able to watch it once and it about killed me. I avoided watching it for so long because I knew it would be hard to watch. I was a wreck after I watched it and have never been able to watch it again, and probably never will. So anytime I watch Friends, I skip over that episode.
How many of you haven't been able to watch it at all? I vowed to myself that I would never watch it but I did just to say that I did. It's one of those things where the acting is incredible but the scenes are just too emotional and you get yourself invested in them. They affect you emotionally. That must have meant that David and Jennifer did their jobs well. They even cried themselves after filming the scenes because it was just so heartbreaking.
I never wanted Ross and Rachel to break up but I'm glad that in the end they had a baby and ended up back together, I just hate that it took so long.
Old 01-01-2018, 01:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by andress_jade (View Post)
How many of you haven't been able to watch Ross and Rachel's breakup more than once? I was only able to watch it once and it about killed me. I avoided watching it for so long because I knew it would be hard to watch. I was a wreck after I watched it and have never been able to watch it again, and probably never will. So anytime I watch Friends, I skip over that episode.
How many of you haven't been able to watch it at all? I vowed to myself that I would never watch it but I did just to say that I did. It's one of those things where the acting is incredible but the scenes are just too emotional and you get yourself invested in them. They affect you emotionally. That must have meant that David and Jennifer did their jobs well. They even cried themselves after filming the scenes because it was just so heartbreaking.
I never wanted Ross and Rachel to break up but I'm glad that in the end they had a baby and ended up back together, I just hate that it took so long.
It's so hard to watch it, I agree with you. Every time I've seen Ross grabbing onto Rachel and sinking down, it's downright heartbreaking. I see both sides to this argument of a "break" however I do think Rachel should of been more specific of what a break meant. It's not in Ross's character to cheat and in my opinion, he didn't. He should have talked to her after she cooled down because who can think rationally when you're that angry? The answer is simple, you cant.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

I can't think when I'm angry. Managers tested my limits, and by doing that, I couldn't think clearly. I just think that Ross shouldn't have assumed that Rachel wasn't trying to hit up on Mark, and that Rachel shouldn't have been that absorbed into her job more than anything. IF you are in a long term relationship, you have to think about your partner more than everything. Ross cheating, isn't in his nature, but I think the reason why he did it, was to fill some emotional need.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 01-03-2018, 01:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Closed Thread   Post New Thread