Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2017, 07:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
That was a pretty kiss, you can tell how in love they were.
What was your favorite Ross and Rachel kiss? They had so many it's hard to choose just one.

Their first kiss at Central Perk
Their kiss after the prom tape.
Their kiss after their first time together.
Their kiss after Emma's birth.
Their kiss at the end of Rachel's Going Away Party.
Their kiss in the finale after she gets off the plane.

Those are my favorites.

My new favorite scene is between Ross and Phoebe after Emma's birth when they are watching her in the window and talking.
Phoebe:"I can't decide who she (Emma)looks more like, you or Rachel."
Ross:"Are you kidding? She's gorgeous, it's all Rachel."

That proved right there that Ross still loved Rachel and always thought she was beautiful. I think the whole pregnancy and birth scenes were my favorites. We also know Ross' real reason for not wanting to get serious with Rachel again. It wasn't because he didn't love her, it was because he didn't want to hurt Emma if it didn't work out with them again. He didn't want to put his daughter through that. Ross and Rachel were both way too hard on themselves when it came to their relationship. They had been through so much by this point and didn't want to ruin what they had as friends and as Emma's parents by becoming a couple again.
That's what I loved about their love story. It was angsty, passionate, tumultuous, loving, funny, emotional, beautiful, and amazing. Some people complain that it took them forever to get together and by the time they did, it just didn't matter anymore. I, on the other hand was there every step of the way and was so happy when they finally got their happy ending. I knew they were endgame, even the writers and producers knew they were endgame, they just had us along for the ride.

Last edited by andress_jade; 07-08-2017 at 08:02 PM
Old 07-11-2017, 04:02 PM
Elite Fan

The Prom Video kiss is my favorite, for sure. But I also liked the kiss they shared after Emma was born, it was just so emotional and you could definitely tell it wasn't over for either of them.

And you're right, Ross was afraid to hurt Emma if things didn't work out with Rachel. But he was willing to explore the idea of them again until the whole Joey thing happened. Maybe it just wasn't the right time for them but I do wonder what it would've been like if they had reunited then instead of s10.
Old 07-23-2017, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

I will have a hard time choosing my faves RnR kisses because they are all so good in their own special way!

So I'll have to think about it for a while but their first kiss at CP will always be in my top 5 for sure! I mean it was their first real kiss after all the build up and that intense scene in Central Perk, it was so passionate and so just good!

Love that look their share just before the kiss too!

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 07-25-2017, 04:06 PM
Elite Fan

Another great kiss and a very intense scene.

Made these icons, feel free to use with credit.

Old 07-26-2017, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

Aww, I love your icons! They are so pretty!

Thanks for sharing them with us!

I love how happy they look in the scene on your 2nd icon!

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 07-27-2017, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Friends has always been just a show I would watch when there was nothing on tv and would have no clue what was really going on in the storyline in general. And I just recently have been binging it on Netflix and I ship Ross/Rachel big time

Icon by: ***BLONDIE***
Old 07-28-2017, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

^That's great, I'm glad you started watching the whole show! It's so good and it's definitely worth it to watch it from the start to the end! And of course glad to hear you love Ross and Rachel too!

So welcome to this thread! Do you have some faves RnR scenes already?

Oh and by the way, would you like to be added to the OP?

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 07-29-2017, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black mamba (View Post)
^That's great, I'm glad you started watching the whole show! It's so good and it's definitely worth it to watch it from the start to the end! And of course glad to hear you love Ross and Rachel too!

So welcome to this thread! Do you have some faves RnR scenes already?

Oh and by the way, would you like to be added to the OP?
Yeah definitely worth starting the show from beginning to end. I actually am thinking about restarting it because I don't recall actually starting it right from the pilot. I have so many fav Ross/Rachel scenes. One of my faves though is the scene when Rachel kisses Ross after they watch the prom video and Ross gets all embarrassed that he did what he did...

Yes I would love to be added

Old 07-30-2017, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by RissB_23 (View Post)
Yeah definitely worth starting the show from beginning to end. I actually am thinking about restarting it because I don't recall actually starting it right from the pilot.
Oh yeah, then you should! It's great to at least once watch it from the very beginning You'll enjoy it even more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RissB_23 (View Post)
I have so many fav Ross/Rachel scenes. One of my faves though is the scene when Rachel kisses Ross after they watch the prom video and Ross gets all embarrassed that he did what he did...
Yeah, I know what you mean there's so many great scenes with these two! And I just love talking about all of them here with people who love them as much as I do

That one you mentioned was an awesome one for sure! I like that Ross wanted to stop watching because he knew what was going to happen and what he was ready to do for Rachel. But of course Rachel then and now had no idea and it was a really good moment when we saw her reaction and then I love the way she just didn't say anything and walked up to him to give him that awesome kiss! It was about time!

I added you btw!

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 07-30-2017, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Oh yeah, then you should! It's great to at least once watch it from the very beginning You'll enjoy it even more!

Yeah, I know what you mean there's so many great scenes with these two! And I just love talking about all of them here with people who love them as much as I do

That one you mentioned was an awesome one for sure! I like that Ross wanted to stop watching because he knew what was going to happen and what he was ready to do for Rachel. But of course Rachel then and now had no idea and it was a really good moment when we saw her reaction and then I love the way she just didn't say anything and walked up to him to give him that awesome kiss! It was about time!

I added you btw!
Yeah I love talking to other people who love them as much too.... They are so great So from one Ross/Rachel shipper to another, even though they basically went 6 years without being an official couple, do you think they still loved each other all that time even though they always seemed to say to one another "we don't still love each other right". Do you think they were just lying to themselves all that time even when they were in a relationship with other people ?

Old 08-01-2017, 04:26 PM
Elite Fan

^ There were many indications over the years that they still loved each other and help their past relationship as the standard. Other relationships just never really compared to theirs. I think they were just afraid to go there again because of how it all ended. It was hard to regain their friendship so I think after a time, they didn't want to ruin that. I do think they cared for other people but it just wasn't the same.

And welcome to the thread btw, I'm Nikki.

Thanks for the compliment Mel!
Old 08-01-2017, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, I definitely think that RnR never stopped loving each other! We got a lot of moments showing us that through the years, they just never got over each other imo. Of course it was hard to find a way back to being just friends again after such an intense relationship and I also think like Nikki that one of the reasons they just tried to keep moving on is probably that they didn't want to risk that again. But to me, their love was always there for sure!

And you're welcome Nikki! I hope you'll make some more RnR (or Friends) icons!

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 08-01-2017, 09:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Yeah, I definitely think that RnR never stopped loving each other! We got a lot of moments showing us that through the years, they just never got over each other imo. Of course it was hard to find a way back to being just friends again after such an intense relationship and I also think like Nikki that one of the reasons they just tried to keep moving on is probably that they didn't want to risk that again. But to me, their love was always there for sure!

Rachel said as much to Ross in TOW Joey Speaks French. "Just so you know, for us it's never off the table."
Old 08-01-2017, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:

im glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about their relationship. Even though they literally went like 7 years from the time they broke up to the time they reunited for real, I think they never truly got over each other. We basically see that with all their random hook ups etc. I think they were just so afraid to be an official item again becsuse of the way it ended so in turn they just ended up getting all their random realizations of their feelings for one another.

Old 08-03-2017, 04:24 PM
Elite Fan

^ I also think they were more hesitant to just get back together once Emma was born. They had their daughter and her happiness to consider as well. I think the writers also put them off after Emma's birth to prevent anyone from saying/thinking that RR were only together for Emma's sake.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread