Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2017, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
^ I also think they were more hesitant to just get back together once Emma was born. They had their daughter and her happiness to consider as well. I think the writers also put them off after Emma's birth to prevent anyone from saying/thinking that RR were only together for Emma's sake.
Yeah that's true. I feel like when Emma was born, in their minds they were both ready to give their relationship another try, but were hesitant because they now had another person to think about and didn't want to risk anything falling apart again

Icon by: ***BLONDIE***
Old 08-04-2017, 04:13 PM
Elite Fan

^ Yes exactly. Every time they thought about getting back together, something got in the way so they decided it was better to put it aside. For a while at least.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
^ Yes exactly. Every time they thought about getting back together, something got in the way so they decided it was better to put it aside. For a while at least.
Until they were basically forced not put it aside or deny it any longer. I feel like Rachel moving to a different country just forced them to acknowledge their feelings and what they truly wanted.

Old 08-08-2017, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

^Exactly! This time it was just too hard to deny or ignore their real feelings anymore. Like Rachel said it was just unbearable for her to just think that she wouldn't be able to see Ross every day, so she just couldn't say goodbye to him, it hurt too much. I think with Rachel going this far away their realized that they wouldn't be able to just go back together "whenever" they wanted because even though they didn't act on it all this years I think they still had in mind that if and when they would be ready they could be together again but with Rachel in Paris it wouldn't have been that "easy".

They just never moved on from each other and to use Rachel's own words from S4, I do think it's because they both thought that "somewhere down the road, they will be on again" And they were right! They just needed that push to actually and finally act on their feelings!

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 08-08-2017, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black mamba (View Post)
^Exactly! This time it was just too hard to deny or ignore their real feelings anymore. Like Rachel said it was just unbearable for her to just think that she wouldn't be able to see Ross every day, so she just couldn't say goodbye to him, it hurt too much. I think with Rachel going this far away their realized that they wouldn't be able to just go back together "whenever" they wanted because even though they didn't act on it all this years I think they still had in mind that if and when they would be ready they could be together again but with Rachel in Paris it wouldn't have been that "easy".

They just never moved on from each other and to use Rachel's own words from S4, I do think it's because they both thought that "somewhere down the road, they will be on again" And they were right! They just needed that push to actually and finally act on their feelings!
Exactly. I even remember the time when Ross went out with Rachel's sister, but ended up ending it becsuse he didn't want to taks the possibility of him getting back with Rachel off the table

Last edited by JustmissRiss23_; 08-08-2017 at 06:45 PM
Old 08-09-2017, 05:22 PM
Elite Fan

^ Yes, he never wanted to blow another chance with Rachel.

I think Rachel going to France really did force them both to realize that they couldn't stay in this holding pattern forever. I think she was looking for a reason to stay and boy did Ross give her that reason.
Old 08-09-2017, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

I think Rachel going to France really did force them both to realize that they couldn't stay in this holding pattern forever. I think she was looking for a reason to stay and boy did Ross give her that reason.
Exactly. It was this big event that forced them to face their feelings.

Big lights will inspire you
Old 08-09-2017, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybug57 (View Post)
Exactly. It was this big event that forced them to face their feelings.
Sometimes that's all it takes to force the fear out of both of them. Rachel getting ready to move to France did just that . And instead they were no longer afraid of being with each other, it then became both of them being afraid NOT to be with each other.

Old 08-12-2017, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^Yup! I think they wouldn't have been together anytime soon had they not been forced to face those feelings i.e. Rachel moving to France.

I was watching the episode the other day where Ross/Charlie and Joey/Rachel all go to Ross's house for the dinner date, and he makes the margaritas. That was such a classic case of Ross being very jealous of Rachel and Joey.

Old 08-13-2017, 07:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

I was just reading an old interview that David Schwimmer did and he thought it crazy for his character to have moved on from Rachel enough to have married someone else and then fall back in love with Rachel again after that. I was kind of shocked to hear that because I always thought he was all for Ross and Rachel from the beginning. I'm wondering if he said that before he realized the show was planning on reuniting them in the end. Because all of his interviews from what I have seen, were all pro Ross and Rachel and he really put everything he had into his scenes in the finale. Even in the interviews on the DVD's have David talking about how much he loves that Ross and Rachel are "lobsters" and have this history and love for each other. Even Jennifer herself was pro Ross and Rachel and was rooting for them to get back together.
I know there are a lot of people who didn't much care of Ross and Rachel and that's fine, because you either get them or you don't or you like them or you don't. All I know is I was rooting for them all the way, was devastated when they broke up, was wishing, hoping and praying that they would reunite, was ecstatic when they had Emma and was a grinning idiot when they reunited in the finale. I'm just glad it all worked out in the end, because either way, they were endgame.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^Thanks for sharing how you feel, and I agree with what you're saying. Hearing about the actor involved being so pro the couple adds another level of intimacy.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:18 PM
Elite Fan

Surprised to hear that from David as well, maybe he did that interview during a difficult time for Ross/Rachel? He may have regained his faith in them in s8. And yes, I think David and Jennifer put a lot into RR and their scenes together. Their serious scenes always felt genuine and real. And you always got the sense that they weren't over each other. RR were the ultimate will they/won't they couple which was frustrating at times but it did keep viewers tuned into them and their story.
Old 08-22-2017, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by RissB_23 (View Post)
Sometimes that's all it takes to force the fear out of both of them. Rachel getting ready to move to France did just that . And instead they were no longer afraid of being with each other, it then became both of them being afraid NOT to be with each other.
So true! With Rachel leaving they didn't have a choice anymore and it was too hard to even think they wouldn't have that chance to get together again so they had to get over their fear and finally act on their feelings again!

I always really loved this pic of them:

They just look so cute and in love!

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 08-24-2017, 02:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

^ Aww, love them.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:05 PM
Elite Fan

That is a cute photo of them.