Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2012, 10:52 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
Would love to. Right now when I try to picture them together I get some Peter/Olivia vibes, but I have no idea why.
What? How can you compare the hotness that is Michael Trucco with butterface Joshua Jackson? When I think of Liz and Michael together, I think of a lot of things, but definitely not Polivia.

Quote:
What is Anger Management about? I've heard the show mentioned everywhere, but never checked a plot summary.
Let's see:

Quote:
The series follows Charlie, (Charlie Sheen) a former minor-league baseball player who over came his past anger issues and becomes a "non-traditional" therapist dealing with others anger management. Although his life is continuously complicated by his family and friends.
I think the show is based on the film of the same name, which had Jack Nicholson and Adam Sandler in the leading roles.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
What? How can you compare the hotness that is Michael Trucco with butterface Joshua Jackson? When I think of Liz and Michael together, I think of a lot of things, but definitely not Polivia.
No, no, I would never compare the two on the level of hotness, I solemny swear!!
It's more about imagining Liz and Michael be a couple/romantic pairing, and there is a part of me that thinks I may end up feeling about them a bit like I feel about Peter and Olivia in the sense that Olivia has a very different type of allure compared to his. Michael is very handsome, but I see Liz better paired with someone more... rough-ish?
I swear what I mean to say is clear in my head, but as usual I'm failing hard at finding the right terms to write it down, err...
Quote:
I think the show is based on the film of the same name, which had Jack Nicholson and Adam Sandler in the leading roles.
Thank you for the info!
Oh wow, I feel silly for not making the connection with the movie - I remember watching part of it years ago!
And you know, Charlie Sheen is Charlie Sheen and I have no idea if doing a show so reminiscent of his real life issues will pay off or backfire big time, BUT the show's premise has potential on its own.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
No, no, I would never compare the two on the level of hotness, I solemny swear!!
It's more about imagining Liz and Michael be a couple/romantic pairing, and there is a part of me that thinks I may end up feeling about them a bit like I feel about Peter and Olivia in the sense that Olivia has a very different type of allure compared to his. Michael is very handsome, but I see Liz better paired with someone more... rough-ish?
I swear what I mean to say is clear in my head, but as usual I'm failing hard at finding the right terms to write it down, err...
Oh, I get what you mean now, but I don't see any problems with that. Or at least not with someone like Michael. If we were talking about a Josh Dallas or James Denton-type then I would totally agree.

Quote:
Thank you for the info!
Oh wow, I feel silly for not making the connection with the movie - I remember watching part of it years ago!
And you know, Charlie Sheen is Charlie Sheen and I have no idea if doing a show so reminiscent of his real life issues will pay off or backfire big time, BUT the show's premise has potential on its own.
Wasn't that already the case with Two And A Half Man, though? I thought he was definitely playing a slightly exagerated version of himself there and the show was a huge hit.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Oh, I get what you mean now, but I don't see any problems with that. Or at least not with someone like Michael. If we were talking about a Josh Dallas or James Denton-type then I would totally agree.
LOL, I just pictured David from OUAT trying to flirt with/charm a character played by Liz. She would incinerate him with one look. Or more likely, just pretend he doesn't exist.
Among the things V denied to me is the chance to test with my own eye Liz and Michael around each other.
Quote:
Wasn't that already the case with Two And A Half Man, though? I thought he was definitely playing a slightly exagerated version of himself there and the show was a huge hit.
See, this is where my old living under a rock concerning celebrities outside of their characters comes in, because I had no idea he had such problems until a couple of years ago.
Maybe he'll be lucky a second time. The show is on FX which isn't a bad channel at all.
I took a quick glance at the cast and the only name I recognize is Selma Blair, though.

But wait - did you mean Liz working with CS on Anger Management, or a different project? I might have jumped to conclusions.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:48 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I saw a bunch of Prometheus previews just yesterday and they look really fantastic. Lindelof co-wrote the script - Liz should've requested him to help her score a role in it as a little compensation for her tribulations on Lost. [QUOT
I saw two trailers and JSEJLSJFDLKSDJFLSJFLKJAohIQWYUI I would love for Liz to be on that movie

Quote:
Anna, I think our crushes are overlapping so much now that it might be easier to share a flat and bring all the guys there instead of having them move between my place and yours all the time.
That's a very good idea, I'm sure our men would appreciate it I mean, our poor Josh is fed up with having to travel from Italy to Spain every weekend Niko too

Quote:
Would love to. Right now when I try to picture them together I get some Peter/Olivia vibes, but I have no idea why.
What.

Ok, I read your explanation and I kinda get what you mean, but it would be hot, you just need to see it happen

Quote:
Ohhh acting teacher, I like that!
And now that the show got renewed for a second season it's not a crazy idea. It can happen

Quote:
Rebecca scored a guest role on it, too. She is a hardcore fan - that might have helped. I say they need to keep up the Losties tradition now, and call Elizabeth as well.
Exactly. Seriously, they need to call her like now

Quote:
I like that you covered so many possible angles.

Quote:
Those are all cool possibilities - I thought Stahl was a great "villain", and Lincoln Potter and his idiosyncrasies are great as well, so I'm sure they would do something very unique if they brought another female detective/officer on the show.
Lincoln Potter is funny Yeah, I'd like her to play that kind of role. I'm sure she would be good at it.

Quote:
I DON'T EVEN NEED HER ON A BIKE, I'D BE ALREADY DEAD AT ALL THE LEATHER AND LOW-CUT SHIRTS, OK?
sdjldjljjfldfjdlkfjldkljkldfjldk. I hadn't thought about the low-cut shirts. imaginary SoA Liz character+bike+leather jacket+low curt shirt+making out with Tig = *iz dead*

Quote:
Bonus points if Gemma gets jealous.

Quote:
I fear that right now I am so weak and Liz-deprived that I would even take Grey's Anatomy. You never know, I could get some scenes between her and Sandra Oh. I draw a line at DH, though, lol.
Well, I'd take that over nothing this year too

Quote:
I ordered the books but I haven't heard back from the shop yet (I'm still going old fashioned and buying them in shops, not cool enough for online orders, lol), so I plan to start with Season 1 first. I wanted to do that this past week-end but didn't have a chance.
I hope they have them soon. I usually buy the books on eBay because they are cheaper, but I couldn't wait for GoT and I bought it in a shop too And I downloaded the Hunger Games trilogy to read with my tablet but I felt bad and today I'll go buy the first book when I get out from work I won't waste battery this way Also normal books > ebooks.

Quote:
Also because I have already watched a couple of featurettes and saw some pics around and spoiled myself, but I think I'm safe because I'm so ignorant about the plot that I will forget those glimpse of story very soon.
Don't watch anything, even if you forget about it

Quote:
I blame Nikolaj for those slips btw, his stupid handsomeness luring me in.

Yeah, that's right, blame Niko and his stupid face I do that too.

Quote:
What? How can you compare the hotness that is Michael Trucco with butterface Joshua Jackson?

poor Joshua but

Old 03-28-2012, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ayumi~ (View Post)
I saw two trailers and JSEJLSJFDLKSDJFLSJFLKJAohIQWYUI I would love for Liz to be on that movie
It looks really good. BTW this is completely OT, but when I watched the first trailer, it wasn't a HQ version and somehow I mistook Logan Marshall-Green and his buzzcut for Jon Bernthal. I was like "congrats, Jon, had no idea you were in this!" for 5 seconds until I realized it wasn't him. Boo me.
Quote:
That's a very good idea, I'm sure our men would appreciate it I mean, our poor Josh is fed up with having to travel from Italy to Spain every weekend Niko too
Exactly. We can stress them out too much, they'll get tired and that will affect their performances.

...Acting performances, of course.
Quote:
Ok, I read your explanation and I kinda get what you mean, but it would be hot, you just need to see it happen
I must look around and see if any V fan made any Erica/John May manipulation.
Quote:
And now that the show got renewed for a second season it's not a crazy idea. It can happen
Wish we had Liz's agent's e-mail to forward some of our ideas, lol.
Quote:
Lincoln Potter is funny Yeah, I'd like her to play that kind of role. I'm sure she would be good at it.
I also think she would have a lot of fun filming a show like SoA. She did have a blast with the badass training & shots for V.
Quote:
sdjldjljjfldfjdlkfjldkljkldfjldk. I hadn't thought about the low-cut shirts. imaginary SoA Liz character+bike+leather jacket+low curt shirt+making out with Tig = *iz dead*
I know you understand my priorities.
Quote:
I hope they have them soon. I usually buy the books on eBay because they are cheaper, but I couldn't wait for GoT and I bought it in a shop too And I downloaded the Hunger Games trilogy to read with my tablet but I felt bad and today I'll go buy the first book when I get out from work I won't waste battery this way Also normal books > ebooks.
I prefer real book to digital copies, too. I've been thinking about getting an e-reader, but afterall what you "save" in terms of paper gets used up in power/batteries, so. I also love the feel and smell of paper.
Quote:
Don't watch anything, even if you forget about it
This is one of the very few times that my super crappy memory works at my advantage.
Quote:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1...bo1_r1_500.gif

Yeah, that's right, blame Niko and his stupid face I do that too.
To use an expression popular nowdays, he is a life ruiner.

I guess right now, the one thing I'd like to know if she's even looking around for work. My feeling is that she is, but I can't base it on anything.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
But wait - did you mean Liz working with CS on Anger Management, or a different project? I might have jumped to conclusions.
I didn't have a specific show in mind. I was thinking more in general terms.

Quote:
I must look around and see if any V fan made any Erica/John May manipulation.
We had several on the Michael Trucco/John May thread on the V board. There were some videos too.

Quote:
I guess right now, the one thing I'd like to know if she's even looking around for work. My feeling is that she is, but I can't base it on anything.
I hope she is, but for some reason, I'm not getting that feeling.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:34 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I would agree this Liz better paired such tough-ish Imagine if you paired for Liz of those very handsome actors like Michael Trucco or Mathew Foxx it would be fully romantic and heavy drama ? sometimes I think I had enough emotional drama for Liz but absolutely shes amazing that part.

Quote:
I would love for Liz to be on that movie
Me either,those movies that I posted here wish Liz to be anything on

Quote:
We had several on the Michael Trucco/John May thread on the V board. There were some videos too.
I did read this while V Thread was on.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:35 PM
New Fan

Quote:
And you know, Charlie Sheen is Charlie Sheen and I have no idea if doing a show so reminiscent of his real life issues will pay off or backfire big time
He was on the Today Show earlier today and talked about how he's had more fun on Anger Management so far than on Two and a Half. Apparently it's only on a test run for the summer...so we'll see how that goes!Charlie Sheen apologizes for ‘cringeworthy’ behavior in ‘Today Show’ interview (Video) | TheCelebrityCafe.com
Old 03-29-2012, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I didn't have a specific show in mind. I was thinking more in general terms.
Ah ok, thanks.
Quote:
I will have to take a look around then, with a bit of imagination I could do a "visual test" of them together.
Quote:
I hope she is, but for some reason, I'm not getting that feeling.
Because of how much of a low profile she has been keeping lately, or just a gut feeling?
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamae (View Post)
I would agree this Liz better paired such tough-ish Imagine if you paired for Liz of those very handsome actors like Michael Trucco or Mathew Foxx it would be fully romantic and heavy drama ? sometimes I think I had enough emotional drama for Liz but absolutely shes amazing that part.
I think that feeling the chemistry between two actors, especially if you have to buy into them playing the romantic angle, is very subjective. So I'm saying that in theory I like rough-ish actors to act certain scenes with her, but then it's all about seeing how one reacts to the actual thing once it's on screen.

I love to see (fictional) people deal with tons of angst and issues, but after Juliet and Erica, it could be fun to see a character who has a bit of an easier life, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiegrae (View Post)
He was on the Today Show earlier today and talked about how he's had more fun on Anger Management so far than on Two and a Half. Apparently it's only on a test run for the summer...so we'll see how that goes!Charlie Sheen apologizes for ‘cringeworthy’ behavior in ‘Today Show’ interview (Video) | TheCelebrityCafe.com
Hi, and welcome to the forum, rubiegrae!

Thanks for the link - I couldn't play the video (probably because it's restricted to US residents) but I read the article. I hope for Charlie's sake and the sake of the show's crew that he is doing well with working on his situation and avoiding relapses of any kind.
I understand when he says that he didn't want all the bad things linked to what happened by the end of his stay on Two and a Half Man to be his legacy (saying working 8 days on AM was better than 8 years on the previous series is a bit extreme, though ).
Do we know how many episodes are supposed to be filmed?
Old 03-30-2012, 03:06 PM
Elite Fan

I just read that the last pilot lead of this season has been cast and it wasn't Liz. *Sighs*

Quote:
Because of how much of a low profile she has been keeping lately, or just a gut feeling?
It's just a gut feeling. Even when we got the pictures of her in LA, I didn't get the feeling that she was there for work-related reasons, but I could be completely wrong about this. Maybe she did audition for something, but it didn't work out.

Quote:
Do we know how many episodes are supposed to be filmed?
I think it's 10 episodes.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 03-30-2012 at 05:39 PM
Old 03-31-2012, 03:21 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
So I'm saying that in theory I like rough-ish actors to act certain scenes with her,
yeah,Im the one would agree this Imagine Liz in charcater is a good with opposite of those rough-ish.I realized now thats the one she's been huge amazing that part.

Quote:
Maybe she did audition for something, but it didn't work out.

Probably she's still been choosing what's the best for her.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I just read that the last pilot lead of this season has been cast and it wasn't Liz. *Sighs*
I don't know if she wants/wanted another lead role so soon, though - she might feel some pressure after V.
Still, with March gone so are the best chances for news.
Quote:
It's just a gut feeling. Even when we got the pictures of her in LA, I didn't get the feeling that she was there for work-related reasons, but I could be completely wrong about this. Maybe she did audition for something, but it didn't work out.
I guess I got a bit hopeful because of the timing of those candids, but one clue doesn't prove anything.
We were talking about the age factor on the Josh board and while I think it doesn't affect men *that* much, it's a different story with women, unfortunately. I wonder what kind of shows she was offered (I'm sure she got offers) and what her goals were/are.
Quote:
I think it's 10 episodes.
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamae (View Post)
yeah,Im the one would agree this Imagine Liz in charcater is a good with opposite of those rough-ish.I realized now thats the one she's been huge amazing that part.
I care for romance, but at the end of the day what matters are the single characters. So if her love interest isn't all that... interesting, I'll focus on the rest and try to get along with it anyway. That's what I do with Olivia/Anna Torv on Fringe.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I don't know if she wants/wanted another lead role so soon, though - she might feel some pressure after V.
Still, with March gone so are the best chances for news.
I was referring to series regular roles in general because a couple of days earlier, I had read that they were currently in the process of casting the last remaining series regular slots of this pilot season. I'm sorry that I didn't make myself clearer with my comment.

Quote:
We were talking about the age factor on the Josh board and while I think it doesn't affect men *that* much, it's a different story with women, unfortunately. I wonder what kind of shows she was offered (I'm sure she got offers) and what her goals were/are.
Yeah, while Hollywood seems to have opened up a bit age does continue to be a factor, unfortunately. I, too, would love to know what her plans are. Just to know whether she's looking for a steady role or simply one episode guest star gigs would already be great.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I was referring to series regular roles in general because a couple of days earlier, I had read that they were currently in the process of casting the last remaining series regular slots of this pilot season. I'm sorry that I didn't make myself clearer with my comment.
Ahh, thanks for the clarification! My bad for not thinking that you meant serier regulation when talking about leads, it makes way more sense than my take on the phrase.
So, uhm, double damn about the missed opportunity.
Quote:
Yeah, while Hollywood seems to have opened up a bit age does continue to be a factor, unfortunately. I, too, would love to know what her plans are. Just to know whether she's looking for a steady role or simply one episode guest star gigs would already be great.
I feel like we are in a sort of limbo right now - we keep our fingers crossed for news, without any clear idea if it's worth hoping for anything anytime soon.
If we knew she only wants to enjoy herself and her family at the moment, we would still have nothing to look forward to, but we'd be way less frustrated.

Even if she isn't looking for any real work commitment right now, I don't think she would turn down a decent guest star appearance offer. Those require a maximum of 1/2 weeks away from home, and are a fair way to keep yourself in people's minds during your "lay off" time. It's likely she simply didn't get lucky with the material presented to her.