Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2013, 12:36 AM
Extreme Fan

People saying Liz is perfect or flawless or queen or goddess, usually, it is a way to show their appreciation for her. It is a "fangirl" moment. A moment. That's part of being a fan. People have different ways of showing their feelings. Especially the teenagers, they are more intense. I don't think people really think she's literally perfect.

On a more serious note, I also feel that with Liz, because she has a grateful and kind personality, people tend to see her as a role model. Especially the teenagers, obviously. That's a natural course and there is nothing wrong with it. I don't think she has any intention to be viewed as a role model, though. It just happens naturally because of her behavior. And consequently, maybe, some fans tend to think she won't do certain things that are considered wrong. Again, because of her behavior and the things she says in interviews.

That's why I think it's always important to remember she is a normal human being with her own problems and issues. She makes mistakes too. That's something so obvious that shouldn't even be said.

Obviously there are things that I just can't see Liz doing at all. Like killing, rape, violence or even prejudice.

Anyway, I've always seen her this way, as someone as normal as the rest of us. I guess that's why I'm sad that her marriage is over, but at the same time, I'm not disappointed with the possible reasons why it is over. As sad as it is because it's over, they all (Liz, CJ and Chris) seem to be okay and that's what matters. Life goes on. I have my very own principles and opinions on marriage, but I don't feel comfortable to question her behavior or judge her because I don't know her personally. It's just something very personal that I don't know much about. I'm no family or friend, I'm just a fan. I'll keep on enjoying her work, intelligence and lovely personality.

That being said, as a fan, I'm curious like everyone else. But I think there are some limits.

Now that Liz is divorced, those speculations about a first separation back in 2011 seem right. The current speculations about the second separation and consequent divorce make some sense too. If I remember correctly, Liz didn't wear her wedding ring in any of the public events she has attended in 2013. That could be an indication that she was already separated, but at the same time, even when she was married, she didn't wear her wedding ring often, so it probably doesn't indicate anything about the timeline of their separation. I remember Liz mentioned Chris when she was interviewed by Brink Magazine, which was in February or March, I'm not sure exactly. She mentioned his name briefly when she was asked about her strangest experience while she was on a plane.

I just think some of the speculations can get out of control. Like the speculation about Asheville or Tim Guinee. It's something too vague. Personally, I'd be more careful before making such conjectures because it's Liz and her family. It's a private subject we know almost nothing about it.

What Chris mentioned on his Twitter too. The words "faithful and dedicated family man". When we think about it, the first thing that came through our minds is something related to Liz. As if it was a direct reference to her actions that led to their divorce. But since we don't know much, his words could mean something different than what we assume it is.

We know Chris put his career on hold to take care of the family while Liz was working. She even mentioned in an interview they had arguments about it. So his words could be something related to it. His desire to do more than just teaching, theater and improv. Maybe it's not a coincidence he's working more now that they're divorced.

Clearly I have no idea. What I'm trying to say is that making assumptions based on vague words/things is entering a dangerous territory. IMHO, we know very little, so we should be careful with the things we assume about Liz or her family. Out of respect, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiots (View Post)
I hope Liz still gets to see her little boy. She talks about him so much.
CJ is with Liz in Austin, Texas. It's where they're filming the second season of Revolution. At least he was with her during the last week based on some reports made by some people who got to meet Liz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
I like that idea. I don't know any quotes, though.
This interview has a nice quote where he talks about teaching beginning improv: "To watch people do something they didn’t think they could do and overcome it, is fantastic."

Old 08-23-2013, 03:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

Everything you said, really, Cris.

Quote:
CJ is with Liz in Austin, Texas. It's where they're filming the second season of Revolution. At least he was with her during the last week based on some reports made by some people who got to meet Liz.
That makes my heart happy.

ETA: Oh, look! My 100th post!

ETA2: I like that quote. It's inspirational...like, um, Liz.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:45 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveJules! (View Post)
People saying Liz is perfect or flawless or queen or goddess, usually, it is a way to show their appreciation for her. It is a "fangirl" moment. A moment. That's part of being a fan. People have different ways of showing their feelings. Especially the teenagers, they are more intense. I don't think people really think she's literally perfect.

On a more serious note, I also feel that with Liz, because she has a grateful and kind personality, people tend to see her as a role model. Especially the teenagers, obviously. That's a natural course and there is nothing wrong with it. I don't think she has any intention to be viewed as a role model, though. It just happens naturally because of her behavior. And consequently, maybe, some fans tend to think she won't do certain things that are considered wrong. Again, because of her behavior and the things she says in interviews.

That's why I think it's always important to remember she is a normal human being with her own problems and issues. She makes mistakes too. That's something so obvious that shouldn't even be said.

Obviously there are things that I just can't see Liz doing at all. Like killing, rape, violence or even prejudice.

Anyway, I've always seen her this way, as someone as normal as the rest of us. I guess that's why I'm sad that her marriage is over, but at the same time, I'm not disappointed with the possible reasons why it is over. As sad as it is because it's over, they all (Liz, CJ and Chris) seem to be okay and that's what matters. Life goes on. I have my very own principles and opinions on marriage, but I don't feel comfortable to question her behavior or judge her because I don't know her personally. It's just something very personal that I don't know much about. I'm no family or friend, I'm just a fan. I'll keep on enjoying her work, intelligence and lovely personality.

That being said, as a fan, I'm curious like everyone else. But I think there are some limits.

Now that Liz is divorced, those speculations about a first separation back in 2011 seem right. The current speculations about the second separation and consequent divorce make some sense too. If I remember correctly, Liz didn't wear her wedding ring in any of the public events she has attended in 2013. That could be an indication that she was already separated, but at the same time, even when she was married, she didn't wear her wedding ring often, so it probably doesn't indicate anything about the timeline of their separation. I remember Liz mentioned Chris when she was interviewed by Brink Magazine, which was in February or March, I'm not sure exactly. She mentioned his name briefly when she was asked about her strangest experience while she was on a plane.

I just think some of the speculations can get out of control. Like the speculation about Asheville or Tim Guinee. It's something too vague. Personally, I'd be more careful before making such conjectures because it's Liz and her family. It's a private subject we know almost nothing about it.

What Chris mentioned on his Twitter too. The words "faithful and dedicated family man". When we think about it, the first thing that came through our minds is something related to Liz. As if it was a direct reference to her actions that led to their divorce. But since we don't know much, his words could mean something different than what we assume it is.

We know Chris put his career on hold to take care of the family while Liz was working. She even mentioned in an interview they had arguments about it. So his words could be something related to it. His desire to do more than just teaching, theater and improv. Maybe it's not a coincidence he's working more now that they're divorced.

Clearly I have no idea. What I'm trying to say is that making assumptions based on vague words/things is entering a dangerous territory. IMHO, we know very little, so we should be careful with the things we assume about Liz or her family. Out of respect, really.
I pretty much agree with everything you have said
I have to admit that I have called some celebrities 'perfect' before but I usually just mean that I like them, flaws and all, and that I appreciate their work, not that I think they are literally 'perfect'.

People do tend to forget that celebrities are just human like the rest of us, and that being in the spotlight doesn't change that. They make mistakes and are naturally not going to please everyone all the time, but I try and remember that really their own personal choices and private life isn't our business. Liz always seems to be sweet to fans she meets and is always lovely at the events she attends but her life outside of that is hers, and she is free to do whatever she pleases in it

Also, like you said, as natural as it is for us to want to speculate about the circumstances surrounding the divorce, we will never really know why they made that choice, and as long as they are all doing ok, I don't think it really matters. Like everyone else I just want the best for Liz, Chris and CJ and will continue to support Liz, and even Chris in their future projects.

Quote:

That's nice to hear I am sure they will work out something where both parents get plenty of time with CJ

Quote:

This interview has a nice quote where he talks about teaching beginning improv: "To watch people do something they didn’t think they could do and overcome it, is fantastic."
I really like that quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:27 AM
Elite Fan

I just wanted to give this thread a bump because I changed the thread title. Thanks for providing the quote Cristiane. It's perfect.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:06 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I just wanted to give this thread a bump because I changed the thread title. Thanks for providing the quote Cristiane. It's perfect.
the title is awesome thanks for updating it!
Old 08-31-2013, 11:52 PM
Extreme Fan

You're welcome. I'm glad you liked the quote too. It's a nice one.

Old 09-10-2013, 04:43 PM
Elite Fan

I just saw this new photo posted on Instagram:

Source

I think this is a truly adorable shot. And I see Chris has got a lot of new ink since the last time we saw him.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

Daawww.

I went on Chris's twitter. Love that he said CJ has "two parents that will always love him and do what's is best for him. he's an awesome little guy". It's old, but I just found it, and it makes me happy.

Looking at his twitter, he's really done a lot for the Liz fans. I can't imagine all the questions the fans have bombarded him with.

ETA: The pictures of CJ on his Instagram...the boy really bears a likeness to Liz. I look at him and see Liz. Also, do we have to post in separate threads now if we're talking CJ/Liz or CJ/Chris? Or can all family matters still be in this thread?

Last edited by Heiots; 09-10-2013 at 06:04 PM
Old 09-11-2013, 02:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
ETA: The pictures of CJ on his Instagram...the boy really bears a likeness to Liz. I look at him and see Liz. Also, do we have to post in separate threads now if we're talking CJ/Liz or CJ/Chris? Or can all family matters still be in this thread?
I think overall CJ looks more like Chris than he looks like Liz, but then again some of the photos I have seen you can definitely see a lot of Liz in him!
Old 09-11-2013, 11:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I just saw this new photo posted on Instagram:

Source

I think this is a truly adorable shot. And I see Chris has got a lot of new ink since the last time we saw him.
It looks like Chris is in a new relationship. This little boy seems to be the son of the woman he went to Vegas with.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckin1977 (View Post)
It looks like Chris is in a new relationship. This little boy seems to be the son of the woman he went to Vegas with.
Do you mean the dark-haired lady in this pic? I think she looks quite lovely and she resembles his first wife a bit. I wish them the best if they are seeing each other.

Quote:
Hm, good question. We aren't really that strict around here, but if we get some new pictures of Liz and CJ, it would probably be better if we post them in the EM appreciation thread because they don't have anything to do with Chris.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 09-11-2013 at 12:59 PM
Old 09-11-2013, 02:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Do you mean the dark-haired lady in this pic? I think she looks quite lovely and she resembles his first wife a bit. I wish them the best if they are seeing each other.

Yes. If you go to the source page of the picture you posted & click on the Instagram account of the woman who posted it, there is a picture of her with Chris on a coffee date after they've gotten the kids off to school. Looks to be the same woman whose picture he posted from Vegas. She lives in Bainbridge according to her profile.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckin1977 (View Post)
Yes. If you go to the source page of the picture you posted & click on the Instagram account of the woman who posted it, there is a picture of her with Chris on a coffee date after they've gotten the kids off to school. Looks to be the same woman whose picture he posted from Vegas. She lives in Bainbridge according to her profile.
Thanks. I just browsed through it and there are several pictures of Chris on that Instagram account. This is another lovely shot of him:

Quote:

And big panda @csoldevilla #thisguy #swoon #gazamlake #panda #bainbridgeisland #kato #mural #art
Going by the pictures, I think they may have been dating since May/June this year.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by severalmiles (View Post)
I think overall CJ looks more like Chris than he looks like Liz, but then again some of the photos I have seen you can definitely see a lot of Liz in him!
I was just looking at Chris's latest Instagram pic, and thought that. It's the facial structure that reminds me of that...and the eyebrows.

@Alex Thanks for the clarification! I just wanted to be clear.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I was just looking at Chris's latest Instagram pic, and thought that. It's the facial structure that reminds me of that...and the eyebrows.

@Alex Thanks for the clarification! I just wanted to be clear.
I agree about the facial structure. He has Chris's squinty eyes which dominate his features in some of the pics but all of his other facial features & skin/hair tone are stamped from Liz. In the pic of him with his friends & the big grin on his face he looks exactly like Liz, IMO. when he's more introspective he tends to favor Chris more.