Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2011, 03:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
That's such a childish behaviour. And I'm still surprised that people hate Dane Cook so much, I had no idea about any of it before I started discussing all things Answers to Nothing here with you. I had never watched any of his comedy work so didn't even know he was so "infamous".
The thing with Dane Cook is that he's definitely one of if not even the most successful stand-up comedian out there (he has over 2 million supporters on Twitter and My Space), but he's also the most hated. And his detractors are very dedicated and passionate about spreading the hate.

Quote:
Wish IMDb had kept the voting feature blocked until the official theatrical release date in December.
Yeah, if people aren't required to post a review to their rating, then they should have at least done that.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
The thing with Dane Cook is that he's definitely one of if not even the most successful stand-up comedian out there (he has over 2 million supporters on Twitter and My Space), but he's also the most hated. And his detractors are very dedicated and passionate about spreading the hate.
I've really been living under a rock. First time I can remember watching him on screen was on Hawaii Five-0.
Quote:
Yeah, if people aren't required to post a review to their rating, then they should have at least done that.
Now the votes have rised to 37 and the movie's rating is 2.4.
I need to laugh about how ridiculous this is otherwise I'll get angry and it's not worth it.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I've really been living under a rock. First time I can remember watching him on screen was on Hawaii Five-0.
You should look up some articles about Dane Cook on the internet. In almost every comment section, you're going to find several Dane Cook haters posting about how much he sucks and how unfunny he is.

Quote:
I need to laugh about how ridiculous this is otherwise I'll get angry and it's not worth it.
Yeah, this is definitely the work of Dane Cook haters. It's very transparent that this is the case.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I just saw it, this is very frustrating

You're right, Alex, it has to be the work of the Dane Cook haters
Old 11-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Elite Fan

I've seen on Amazon.com that there's going to be an official soundtrack for this movie. It should be interesting to see which artists/songs are going to be on it.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
You should look up some articles about Dane Cook on the internet. In almost every comment section, you're going to find several Dane Cook haters posting about how much he sucks and how unfunny he is.
Yikes. Well, at least he seemes to have as many fans as detractors - 2 million followers is a huge result.

Thanks for the info abut the OST! I'm curious to see the songs they picked for the tracklist, too.

In other - potential - news, if this article is reliable:
Entertainment Weekly’s Holiday Movie Preview 2011 | modOration

there might be something about the movie in the new issue of Entertaiment Weekly (with Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara on the cover), which is hitting the stands tomorrow:
Quote:
Other movies rounding out EW’s holiday movie preview issue include: Hugo, Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, The Artist, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, We Bought a Zoo, The Descendants, Another Happy Day, Happy Feet Two, Tyrannosaur, The Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn—Part 1, A Dangerous Method, Arthur Christmas, The Muppets, Rampart, Answers to Nothing, Coriolanus, Outrage, Shame, Sleeping Beauty, I Melt with You, New Year’s Eve, The Sitter, W.E., Loosies, Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked, Carnage, Corman’s World Exploits of a Hollywood Rebel, The Adventures of Tintin, Albert Nobbs, In the Land of Blood and Honey, The Darkest Hour, War Horse, Pariah, Angels Crest, The Iron Lady, A Separation, Beneath the Darkness, The Devil Inside, The Possession, Roadie, Contraband, Beauty & the Beast 3D, Joyful Noise, Red Tails, Haywire, Miss Bala, Underworld Awakening, Man on a Ledge, One for the Money, and The Grey.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:12 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the news about the new issue of Entertainment Weekly Fran. I suspect the article might have a bit of a focus on Dane Cook, but even if it does, it's still nice for the movie to be featured. Hopefully, someone's going to post a scan.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree, a shout out in EW is still a shout out in a hugely popular magazine. Entertainment Weekly has always been nice to Liz when Lost was on, maybe they'll say something about her in Answers to Nothing this time, too.

I just on EM Fanclub that a luck fan managed to meet Elizabeth today - she emailed the site with a short recap of what happened and a picture she took with Liz.
You can read/see it here:
» Elizabeth's photo at Napa Valley Film Festival - Elizabeth Mitchell Fan Club
Old 11-11-2011, 11:53 PM
Elite Fan

Awww Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiz, finally, a new pic!!!! She looks great and happy And that girl's report is lovely
Old 11-12-2011, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, she looks happy, which is the best thing.

The Q&A/panels take place tonight (in our timezone, afternoon in CA) and tomorrow, right? I'm sure many will tweet/post about those.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:03 AM
Elite Fan

Finally a new picture. I agree guys. She looks very lovely indeed.

There sadly hasn't been a lot of coverage so far, but I'm hoping we're going to get some movie reviews at least.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

The festival ended today, right? Hopefully starting tomorrow we'll get to read the first recaps and reviews from the media people who attended the event and saw the film.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:22 PM
Elite Fan

I hope we get to read some reviews soon too, and I hope they are good!
Old 11-14-2011, 02:01 PM
Elite Fan

I checked Getty and Wireimages for photos yesterday and while they did cover this festival, there sadly weren't any pictures of Liz or any other 'ATN' actors. I did see pictures of Scott Wolf, though.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:24 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for checking anyway, Alex I hope we get more pics soon. A pic of Scott and Liz would be nice

I found this AtN gif:

credit

Is it weird that I can hear Liz's laugh?