Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2011, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Do you think there's still a chance that we're going to get another 'Answers To Nothing' event (e.g. red carpet premiere) closer to the actual premiere or do you think that's it?
I honestly don't know - on one hand, I would like to think Liz skipped this premiere because she knows she would be at the "official" one. On the other, I'm skeptical about a "little" movie like this having the cast attend two events.
Los Angeles is among the cities the movie is opening in next December 2nd, though, so we can still hope.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
I honestly don't know - on one hand, I would like to think Liz skipped this premiere because she knows she would be at the "official" one. On the other, I'm skeptical about a "little" movie like this having the cast attend two events.
Los Angeles is among the cities the movie is opening in next December 2nd, though, so we can still hope.
Isn't it nice to be positively surprised?

Also posting the news about the second Q&A with the 'Answers To Nothing' cast here:

Quote:
Napa Valley Film Festival plans events in Calistoga

Calistoga will also host the only public question-and-answer session with comedian and actor Dane Cook, who is taking his first leading role in “Answers to Nothing,” a mystery drama about the intertwining lives of a disparate group of Angelinos against the backdrop of a child abduction case.

Cook will take questions from the audience at 2 p.m. on Nov. 12 at the Gliderport, the other major screening venue in town. He will be joined by co-stars Elizabeth Mitchell, Kali Hawk and director Matthew Leutwyler.

The will be various parties and events downtown, but the Calistoga hospitality headquarters for the event will be the Mount View Hotel on Lincoln Avenue.

Source
Old 11-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Isn't it nice to be positively surprised?
Very nice.

Thanks for bringing over the info about the Napa Valley Film Festival!

The EM Fanclub website posted info about another panel Liz will be attending on November 13:
Quote:
Actors: In Conversation: 11:00 AM Sun, Nov 13 at The Lounge
Run time: 90 min.

Insights into: preparation for a demanding physical role, getting into an unusual character, choosing projects, dealing with agents, managers, publicists, lawyers and behind the scenes secrets from actors who’ve been sworn to never tell… Panelists invited to participate include several of the actors and actresses expected to be here with us in Napa Valley: Dane Cook, Brie Larson, Ron Eldard, Sam Jaeger, Elizabeth Mitchell, NVFF honoree Judy Greer, and more.

NOTE – The “buy tickets” button(s) lead to our shopping cart where you can purchase passes that get you into any and all films and panels. We do not offer advance individual screening tickets; BUT you can purchase $10 RUSH TICKETS at the theater doors after passholders have been admitted
and more details about it and the festival's awards here:
� Napa Valley: another panel + how to attend and vote for Answers To Nothing - Elizabeth Mitchell Fan Club
Old 11-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Very nice.

Thanks for bringing over the info about the Napa Valley Film Festival!

The EM Fanclub website posted info about another panel Liz will be attending on November 13:

and more details about it and the festival's awards here:
� Napa Valley: another panel + how to attend and vote for Answers To Nothing - Elizabeth Mitchell Fan Club
I would love to attend that panel. I think the topic of discussion sounds very interesting. Thanks for sharing the info Fran.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

For those who live in or can travel to CA, this festival truly is a treat! So many opportunities to enjoy Liz "live".
I really home some Elizabeth fans will be there.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:59 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the news
Old 11-07-2011, 05:24 AM
Elite Fan

I hope we're going to get some panel videos or articles. I would love to know what's being said.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Me too, I hope the Napa Film Festival video and press material will keep us busy and squeeing for quite some time.

Also - I hope I'll end up disagreeing with all of the 34 people who have already rated the movie on IMDb. Unless there are some idiots giving low ratings to a movie they haven't even watched yet.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Also - I hope I'll end up disagreeing with all of the 34 people who have already rated the movie on IMDb. Unless there are some idiots giving low ratings to a movie they haven't even watched yet.
What? The movie is already getting a low rating on IMDB? Geez, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the work of Dane Cook haters who are voting the movie down only because he's in it.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Either the reason is that, or those votes all come from people who attended the Hollywood Film Festival (?) last October. I'm hoping for the former.
Considering the average of those 34 votes is 3.0, it does seem like a bunch of haters clicked on the "1" button just for the hell of it.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Either the reason is that, or those votes all come from people who attended the Hollywood Film Festival (?) last October. I'm hoping for the former.
Considering the average of those 34 votes is 3.0, it does seem like a bunch of haters clicked on the "1" button just for the hell of it.
According to one of the articles I posted not too long ago, the audience reaction to the movie was very good at the Woodstock film festival. And seeing that not one single voter has bothered to write a review for the movie, it seems very likely to me that this is the work of biased Dane Cook haters who probably haven't seen as much as the movie trailer and probably never will.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Morons. What about Julie Benz, how is her "reputation"? I know some people who loved her on Dexter, but some others truly, deeply hated her. She should also still get some love for her Buffy/Angel days.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Elite Fan

Julie Benz does have her detractors, but I don't think she's high profile enough to make people log on to IMDB and vote her projects down several weeks prior to their official release.

I wish IMDB wouldn't let people vote on movies without writing a review. Then things like this wouldn't be possible.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's such a childish behaviour. And I'm still surprised that people hate Dane Cook so much, I had no idea about any of it before I started discussing all things Answers to Nothing here with you. I had never watched any of his comedy work so didn't even know he was so "infamous".

Wish IMDb had kept the voting feature blocked until the official theatrical release date in December.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:10 AM
Elite Fan

What? It has a 3.0 already? I hate when people do that It's so lame.