Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2013, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartlines (View Post)
SASSY STEFAN!

"You're welcome."

Seriously. Nothing else needs to be said.

Look how good the show can be when it's not about which brother Elena loves.
I agree.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I love this stefan. He's actually fun. Downer Stefan was getting old. God the ToD ruins everything
Old 01-25-2013, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamaheaven (View Post)
I love this stefan. He's actually fun. Downer Stefan was getting old. God the ToD ruins everything
I found him tedious.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:16 PM
Elite Fan

rewatching, lol at damon not even trying to fight the compulsion. saying 'run jer' while still trying to kill him does. not. count.

i guess his love for elena - or elena's only living relative - ain't that strong.

colour me not surprised.

the show is out to ruin de.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
i guess his love for elena - or elena's only living relative - ain't that strong.
It's rare for people in the show to be able to resist compulsion. Bill Forbes and Shane are two of the exceptions because Bill trained his mind to resist it beforehand and Shane picked up some trick in Tibet or something. The other way is through ingesting or having vervain on your person. Vampires like Slater and the vampire in this episode were compelled to kill their own selves. I'm sure they had a will to live but when you're compelled, you're compelled. When Jenna was compelled to stab herself or Jeremy to stand in front of an oncoming car, that wasn't something they wanted to do but they did it anyway. Even when Stefan was compelled he definitely resisted it but in the end when he was compelled again to turn off his humanity, he bit Elena because he was compelled. I know he loves her but once compelled, love has little to do with it.

I think what matters is the effort Damon put into not killing Jeremy. I know we'll disagree on this but I do think him telling Jeremy to run, get away and get out of the cave was him warning Jeremy. Furthermore, he stopped twice and told Jeremy to shoot him in the heart and kill him. When Damon woke up and was still alive he was pissed because he knew it was still possible for him to kill Jeremy and that is something he didn't want to do. I know he didn't impale himself with a mop stick but I think it's unfair to say that he didn't try enough or didn't love Elena enough because it's really not that simple. Again, I know we won't agree but just wanted to share my viewpoint.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 01-25-2013, 06:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Great eppy!

Finally, an interesting storyline involving Bonnie. I can't wait to see where this is going.

That last scene with Elena and Stefan...wow..I loved it. Take that, biatch!
I love him when he is not mooning over Elena. Hot!

I agree...the sex scene with stefan and rebekah was too short....It was hot!
Old 01-25-2013, 07:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It's rare for people in the show to be able to resist compulsion.
so stefan is the only one we know that did. seeing as damon himself noted it. either your love is that strong, or it isn't. klaus didn't say 'elena loving you' made you that strong, it was stefan's love for her that damon. did. not. have.

love? stronger than fake love - or fake loyalty, as tyler said.

or lets be honest, for damon, transference love from katherine.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
or lets be honest, for damon, transference love from katherine.
I wouldn't be surprised if the end had Damon admit this. To go from all Katherine to her convenient doppelganger is just too much. Katherine turned him down, he couldn't hurt Katherine, so he superimposed all his feelings on human Elena.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Katherine turned him down, he couldn't hurt Katherine, so he superimposed all his feelings on human Elena.
Truer words have never been spoken. Damon doesn't love Elena, or her choice would be as inportant to him as it is to her. Instead he has an urge to conquer her as he couldn't Katherine.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

We've only ever seen Damon have the urge to conquer women; the only time he hasn't is when the women are stronger than him. I've seen people blame his upbringing but his brother had the same, and doesn't display the same misogyny.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Lmao @ Elena's plan to kill Kol.As if it's easy.
lol I know right! She said it like it was some profound never-heard of idea
Old 01-25-2013, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerenafan (View Post)
I found him tedious.
He wasn't he said what he needed to say to Elena and FOR once she needed to hear it.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:42 AM
Absolute Fan

reason to watch this episode for me...Kol Mikaelson...finally a vampire who isn't sitting around moping and emoting over feelings...there's been enough sad-face vampires over the last couple of seasons that it's so refreshing to see a vampire actually acting like a vampire and be ruthless and not give a damn!

rest of the episode, i can't say i cared much for it really, no one seems to be listening to the one sensible vampire who actually is using his brain...i really shouldn't be surprised anymore...seriously this kill Kol thing is just silly - all I can see in the end is when they do wake Silas and hell breaks loose, they're gonna be the ones with egg on their face realizing that an Original vampire had more sense than all of them and their selfish intents do...

the scene with Kol, Rebekah, and Klaus was wonderful though - the family scenes always get me and it's nice to see a bit of vulnerability and humanity in Kol in that moment...

they better not kill him... but then again, they seem to be doing lots of stupid things lately so it's entirely possible...

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 01-26-2013, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sassy Stefan, you are the king. Oh Elena, don't judge Stefan for screwing Becca when you are screwing Damon honey, need i remind that he snapped Jeremy's neck and actually killed Stefan's best friend?

Quote:

me:
Old 01-26-2013, 10:48 AM
Passionate Fan

One thing I definitely find beautiful that shows a huge growth from Damon is that he is working so tirelessly to get that cure for Elena KNOWING she may not return his feelings as a human. Damon definitely considers the possibility of the sire bond and this is a huge contrast to how he tried to compel Elena to kiss him in season 1. He wants it to be real; he doesn't want a toy to play with. I think it's a huge sign of just how much Damon loves Elena that he will try so hard to get her free will back, whether or not she will love him.

I think it's telling that Damon has always been there for Elena and risked his life for her, whether she loved him or not, whether she loved his brother or not. He has never wavered and will always risk his life for her no matter what. The way Damon cares for Elena is NOT conditional to whether or not she feels the same. I think that's an important element for two people to have in a relationship. Not the kind where one party will say purposefully hurtful things to the other when they aren't together anymore.

On other notes, I am very happy with the storylines right now and it's very refreshing. The season 2 and 3 storylines at times felt very stale and lacking in vision. I like that Bonnie has her own struggles, Elena has her own struggles, Jeremy has his own, Stefan has his own, etc etc. Part of it probably has to do with Elena turning which breathed a lot of life into the show, ironically. I got sick of her being so defenseless in past seasons.