Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2011, 12:08 PM
Master Fan

perfect episode is perfect
I enjoyed everything but Matt/Vicki because I never liked Vicki and I think the ghosts storyline is weak
But I loved the fact that Mason is back and based on the promo being all aggressive-passive on Damon. Do I like Damon being tortured? Of course not, but Mason is someone who has a "right" to do it based on how Damon killed him and he's supposed to be powerful enough for that.

But let me start with the character by character thing in order of amazeness, from the less to the more amazing things in this episode.
Bonnie - once again used for magic. There were tiny bits of her and Jer having trouble because of Anna and based on next week's episode, Bonnie has every right to feel like that
Matt - I love that he's such a sweet guy and understand that he tried to rescue his sister because 1) he loves her 2) he's alone 3) she's alone. And then he called Bonnie and they saved Elena's life. I'm starting to like this boy more and more
Jeremy and Anna - I just love them so I'm happy and I hope there's more of them next week. it seems to be the case
Tyler - I like the storyline. Sires is something very powerful in usual vampire mythology and I'm happy they're going there. I just feel like this is going to get him killed but I loved that Caroline is able to reach him and it seems to be more powerful on him than his draw to his sire
Caroline - I'm loving the little competition going on with Rebekah because Care really is amusing when she's jealous or feels threatened. She's not the weak girl from season 1 anymore. She's strong and I'm happily waiting for her payback next.
Stefan - while I do agree with some of you that his bad side isn't that bad, he seems like a bad boy when boy really means someone under 10 years old I still find it amusing. I don't hate Stefan and I love Paul, so I enjoy watching him being so careless, even if his bad side is quite childish.
Alaric - I love that he's there for Elena, that he's helping her and the gang. I loved Jenna but I do agree with Matt Davis - their relationship was sort of out of nowhere and while he was her boyfriend he wasn't much more. Now he has a much more interesting storyline and I love his relationship with Elena and I'm waiting for him to make out with Damon when they make up.
Damon - I know it wasn't with Elena and it just proves how they'll be amazing together when it finally happens but I LOVED his scene with Rebekah. He can be soft and sweet when he wants although it's not necessarily who he is, at least not anymore.
Rebekah - don't EVER leave. Please, show, don't kill her. In her second episode I thought she was a brat and I was slightly disappointed from the potential we saw in the 20's flashbacks but she really is the HBIC I thought she would be. She's just amazing. This Original family is the best family in the history of television. Klaus is amazing, Elijah is amazing and Barbie Klaus is amazing.
Elena - I make Alaric's words mine. I don't know anyone stronger than that girl. I loved her this episode because she won't depend on any guy to defend her, she'll do the best she can. This is the Elena who attacks vampires with pencils if she has to. When she staked Stefan... wow I was surprised and it was one of the best scenes in the show ever. I also loved when she said she doesn't want to give Stefan the satisfaction of seeing her break down. I loved, loved, loved her attitude in this episode. I hope this Elena never leaves.
Damon and Elena - of course this was the best part of the episode, as I'm a DE fan Damon only touches Elena all the time because he sees she doesn't mind it anymore. Quite the opposite, it's written all over her face that she enjoys it. She's single and she's developing feelings for him. Their relationship is moving forward little by little as it normally happens between friends who become more than friends. So while people who are not DE fans may think Damon is being creepy, DE fans or neutral viewers can see that he's making advances because Elena is allowing him to do. SE isn't a couple anymore, although they still love each other. Even Stefan realized that Elena was jealous of Damon, even though she knew it was a farce. But she wasn't jealous of Rebekah per say, she just wanted to be girl eating marshmallows with Damon because as I commented previously, Damon was so great in that scene that any girl would love to trade places with Rebekah (except his haters, of course). It was sweet, it was funny and it was sexy. I loved their scene in the gym and how she called him to be there with her. That scene was so sexy and I read something on tumblr that summarizes it well: my ship has sex with their clothes on (and the rest of the line isn't appropriate to post). As a DE fan I wouldn't have their relationship being built up any other way and I might say that Nian's chemistry makes wonders to that ship, they're perfect.

unrelated comment: do not kill Kat, show. She was barely there so I don't have a positive or negative opinion of her in the episode but I know they won't kill her so lamely, right? I'm yet to have an opinion on Mikael too.
x
Old 10-21-2011, 12:36 PM
Supreme Fan

Paul is just AMAZING!!!!!!!! Love him so much. stefan rocked this episode and one of the only things i liked. It was fun seeing a different side of stefan and elena.

I don fault Viki I mean id kill Elena to come ack to life haha. Her final scene with Matt was really sad. I wished their ending was more happy. Viki was such a messed up character, she deseves peace.

Anna and jeremy just make me laugh. What a way to do a 360 writers. jeremy wasnt this deep with anna when she was alive! He was more into Viki. WAAAAAAy more into Viki. I just roll my eyes at their scenes. And whats with he stupid hand touching thing? Or they getting an orgasom from it or something?

Bonnie once again is the hero! Love u Bonnie and was on your side. You brought Jeremy back from the dead and this is how he repays u?

Damon/Elena scenes were gross. Any scene where damon gets close to women is gross due ever since the Caroline and Andie rape. Eww FF
Old 10-21-2011, 01:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovder&mer (View Post)
Rebekah - don't EVER leave. Please, show, don't kill her.
She is NEVER allowed to die.

Quote:
Elena - I make Alaric's words mine. I don't know anyone stronger than that girl. I loved her this episode because she won't depend on any guy to defend her, she'll do the best she can. This is the Elena who attacks vampires with pencils if she has to. When she staked Stefan... wow I was surprised and it was one of the best scenes in the show ever. I also loved when she said she doesn't want to give Stefan the satisfaction of seeing her break down. I loved, loved, loved her attitude in this episode. I hope this Elena never leaves.
THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!! I find it funny when people are like:" I didn't know she had it in her " I'm just laughing and thinking I knew it since season 1. Elena will ALWAYS find a way to fight even if she is human. She is not a werewolf, a witch or a vampire but she sure gives the opponant a run for his money!

Quote:
Damon and Elena - of course this was the best part of the episode, as I'm a DE fan Damon only touches Elena all the time because he sees she doesn't mind it anymore. Quite the opposite, it's written all over her face that she enjoys it. She's single and she's developing feelings for him. Their relationship is moving forward little by little as it normally happens between friends who become more than friends. So while people who are not DE fans may think Damon is being creepy, DE fans or neutral viewers can see that he's making advances because Elena is allowing him to do. That scene was so sexy and I read something on tumblr that summarizes it well: my ship has sex with their clothes on (and the rest of the line isn't appropriate to post). As a DE fan I wouldn't have their relationship being built up any other way and I might say that Nian's chemistry makes wonders to that ship, they're perfect.
EXACTLTY, Damon knows her limits, he LOVES testing her. He is doing it since they have met. Pushing her is one of the many things that makes Damon and Elena so great. At the end of the day, she is pushing him and his humanity and he is chipping away her walls and pushing her to be what he knows she can be.

PS Semmanclana: I think the word rape is very innapropriate here. There are some people who actually might have been raped who post here and trivializing the act like this and throwing it carelessly is very innapropriate. Call me sensitive but YES. You get to me. Not as a Damon fan but as a human. You don't like Damon? Fine. Everyone is allowed to hate a character, but the word "Rape" is actually a very big word. This isn't very cool. AT ALL.

Last edited by x0x0gossipgirl; 10-21-2011 at 02:35 PM
Old 10-21-2011, 02:16 PM
Elite Fan

the look on elena's face whenever she is aroun damon and he so much as touches her, is enough to make me blush it's ridiculously hot. they have intense chemistry.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good episode.

So Klaus left everyone behind: Stefan, Rebekah, Tyler.

Is Katherine dead?!?!
Mikael looks like a bamf villain already!

It was so odd seeing Stefan back at school, I kinda missed it, too bad it wasn't really Stefan.

It's so hard to see him like that for me. It's just so damn painful.

After 3 seasons Elena finally decided to learn a few moves to defend herself from vampires, she should have thought about is sooner.

Damon and Stefan have reversed roles, it's quite a change and not one I truly appreciate tbh.

Tyler enjoys being a hybrid and he is becoming Klaus' little bitch.

Matt's sl is really killing me, too bad he set all the ghosts on loose.

Alaric had the worst class ever
Old 10-21-2011, 03:03 PM
Elite Fan

i dont think damon ever completely turned off the switch because even when he was "ruthless," u can see some feelings underneath. I think the extent of it was how Stefan was before the compulsion from Klaus. So I'm not sure they really reversed roles. And besides, this was completely out of Stefan's control. I don't think anyone can blame him for his actions right now because he basically feels nothing. His actions prior to the compulsion is what I would call questionable and even that is to an extent. I think him killing Damon's gf was pretty awful, but he was also in a tight spot so I don't know what to really think of it.

Personally, I'm not looking to hate on Stefan. I like his character and I appreciate and understand that at his core, he is a good "guy." I just prefer the DE relationship to the SE relationship.

I am a Caroline multishipper, but some time around last season, I fell pretty hard for Tyler/Caroline. With Tyler's situation and his attitude in this episode, I'm back to multishipping her on an even playing field once again. I don't think I will ever not ship her and tyler, but I'm starting to yearn for more Stefan/Caroline scenes again, like I did before. I really hope Tyler goes back to who he was just 2-3 weeks ago because that Tyler and Caroline were insanely hot and extremely sweet together.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
So I'm not sure they really reversed roles.
I feel this way because now Stefan is the snarky, bad brother and Damon is the one "taking care" of Elena and looking after his messes.

I don't know, I just feel like this.

I appreciate snarky Stefan, for one episode, two, even three but I want my human Stefan back.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:22 PM
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1 (View Post)
I feel this way because now Stefan is the snarky, bad brother and Damon is the one "taking care" of Elena and looking after his messes.

I appreciate snarky Stefan, for one episode, two, even three but I want my human Stefan back.
i totally agree with this.

plus, i feel like they use it as an excuse to make DE happen. like bad fanfiction, i'm telling you...
Old 10-21-2011, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
i feel like they use it as an excuse to make DE happen.
That's what really bothers me.

First they sent Stefan away, now they make him unhuman (ala Angelus) so that DE wouldn't feel more contrived than already is.

To me this is a huge compliment: it means DE can never fully happen when Stefan (the real one) is around. The only was DE can happen is if they take Stefan's out of the equation.

I wonder why Klaus left Rebekah behind, he already had Stefan doing what he wanted, why leave her too?
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Enlightened (View Post)
i totally agree with this.

plus, i feel like they use it as an excuse to make DE happen. like bad fanfiction, i'm telling you...
DE was already developing regardless of what state stefan was in.
Elite Fan

The episode was average compared to the other five.

Stefan is my favorite character but this compulsion storyline is already getting boring. I want the ripper of the first episodes.

Also this show needs Klaus back asap. It's less fun and interesting without him.

I like Rebecca. I love that she is as smart and strong as her brothers.

I really hope Katherine is not dead That death is too simple. Also I need Steferine first so she can't die

I think Matt's storyline was good and he finally got his closure.

I'm loving Jeremy/Anna but I hope the ghost's storyline gets closure in the next episode too.

I don't know how I feel about Tyler's storyline. I don't want him to get ruined or get thrown under the bus again to prop another character or ship. Tyler had one of the best character development in the show and I don't want to get ruined. I don't mind him joining Klaus side as long as it's not contrived, ridiculous and he doesn't become evil.
I'm so looking forward to seeing the Tyler/Klaus scenes. Two of my favorite actors/characters together

I didn't want to ship DE. Couples with big build ups/expectations usually disappoint but now it's almost impossible. They have lots of chemistry and I love how their storyline is developing.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucas <3 (View Post)
Before it was just hints and some teasing.

Now it's unbearable.

It's so annoying to watch, I'm always so tempted to ff their scenes.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:37 PM
Graphics Team

Quote:
true but she still loved stefan, he is the one that she wants to be with, not damon. and now the real stefan is not there anymore so she can fully concentrate on the next best thing. that's how it looks at least.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
i agree with this because since season 1, we saw elena's attraction to damon. we could see it from early on.
i see what u guys mean about stefan having to be sent away and whatnot, but the fact remains that DE have been developing regardless of Stefan being around, being her boyfriend or sent away. The only thing is that Elena will likely be more open to her feelings now that she doesn't necessarily have someone she feels loyalty towards.
At the end of the day, Katherine is right. Elena probably loves them both and doesn't want to hurt either one. I don't think any of it is contrived because it's not like Elena has suddenly fallen out of love with Stefan. She still has hope for him to come back and is still trying to make it happen. I would say it was contrived if she just accepted that he was a ripper and ran to Damon's arms, but it's the complete opposite.

Quote:

Definitely see what you mean by this and it is true. Damon was snarky and ruthless in his comments and his actions. What I meant by what I said was more on the "technical" term. Damon was on a mission to free the woman he loved from captivity, which means he felt something for someone, even if it was Katherine. I also don't believe that Katherine ever really turned off her humanity with how she feels for both Stefan and Damon. To me it seems like there are degrees. Damon isn't fully "human" himself yet either. He cares for those he cares about and protects those important to him, but I don't know if he is at that place where Stefan was in the last 2 seasons.

What do you guys think of when Elena jumped off that ledge and Stefan caught her? I know he is supposed to look after her and make sure she is alright, but I'm wondering if he actually felt something else then too. Elena said "I knew u would catch me" and he looked kind of surprised by his actions.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:46 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme (View Post)
I found the D/E training scene really cringe-worthy. I don't understand why he can't just show her where to hit a vampire for the best without being all Mr. Gross Hands and forcing situations. I suppose that's been the basis of every D/E scene to date: Damon grabbing Elena for no reason and Elena doing nothing about it. I think if they'd had the workout scene in a more organic setting - a gym for starters - him just showing her, and some eye contact whatever - would have been enough but he always has to take it that one step further. He reminds me of those men who can't get a clue and are always looking for reasons to touch you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Enlightened (View Post)

that DE scene creeped me out. totally unnecessary, and why the hell are they trying so hard to make them meant to be? the minute the mushy music starts i just doze off, because i know exactly what's about to happen. i don't like being forced into liking a couple. they are like "look here, we are so epic". i like to form my own opinion and my opinion is, can we move on please?

100% agree with this
I know that we all have our own opinions and i`m totally ok with that ,but talking personally now for me,i always felt them to forced like they are pushing me to like them in every episode.I actually know what kind of scene they are going to have before they even have a scene.Like Suddenly Enlightened said,i also don`t like be pushed to focus on couple to liking them and i feel this all the time in this show with them.