Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2022, 02:22 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Hopefully the crossover episode will work out for both shows...
Old 01-20-2022, 12:34 AM
Graphics Team Manager

There is that. I was thinking more about current viewers remembering/knowing to watch the night before to catch the first part of the episode. Hopefully it helps get new viewers & rates well on the Sunday.

Agreed Hanna (the episodes mentioned in the article aren't the crossovers though, just a two parter for Hawaii )

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-20-2022, 02:05 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

My bad... I just skimmed through the article
Old 01-21-2022, 10:08 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I had seen there was a two parter coming up when I had posted the episode threads the previous week. Originally Part 2 wouldn't have aired until about Feb 28th so it is good they've brought it up. I think that's why I automatically knew what it was about. The NCIS/Hawaii crossover doesn't air until March (late March I think)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-23-2022, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't realize they were doing 2 parter already. Nice they are doing them back to back basically.
Old 01-23-2022, 10:04 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Agreed especially with the alternative being more like a month apart

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-15-2022, 04:50 PM
Graphics Team Manager

NCIS: Sydney to Launch in 2023

Quote:
NCIS: Sydney is being adapted for Paramount Plus Australia and Network 10 in a deal that marks the first international edition for the US juggernaut.

NCIS: Sydney will launch in 2023 and feature local stories with Aussie actors and producers. NCIS: Los Angeles creator, Aussie Shane Brennan, is attached.

“Cast announcements will be made soon. It’s going to launch locally on Network 10 and Paramount+ but it’s also going to play internationally on Paramount+ from next year.
Click the link for the full article

I wonder if they will be saying it is a branch connected to the US NCIS (which as far as I know doesn't exist) or an Australian NCIS (which we supposedly gained here in 2018)

It is very strange. Guess this is what happens when CBS owns the channel here & they are desperate . At least it is meant to be employing Australians

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-15-2022, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-16-2022, 02:23 AM
Absolute Fan

Even though NCIS is an American agency, but they also handle cases outside the US and have field offices all around the world including Australia, but their Aussie office is located in Perth not Sydney. So I'm wondering why they decided to have the show set in Sydney instead of Perth, I'm assuming there are several reasons for that, one reason is probably because Sydney is a much more famous city to the world compared to Perth, it's also a harbor city, so it fits more into the "navy" part. Also the Australian Navy HQ is located in Sydney, so they might work closely with the Australian Navy. Of course I'm just speculating, but making an NCIS spinoff based in Sydney is so interesting and totally unexpected, there has already been alot of speculation about what the show will be about, obviously we know it's going to be about NCIS, but we don't know if NCIS Sydney will be based on the actual Australian branch of NCIS, or a completely fictional NCIS agency in Australia, it's fun to speculate though As a fan of NCIS and an Aussie myself I'm really excited for this spinoff, it sounds so fascinating and I'm glad the show will feature local Aussie talents, Australia has a lot of great talent and it's always good to see them being recognised on a global scale.
Old 02-16-2022, 02:47 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Oh so they do have a office here? I didn't think there was one... but that's what I get for believing all I read on the internet . They'll probably try fake it as being in Sydney then . I presume it is Sydney because that's the famous location - many presuming it is the capital of the country. It'd be illogical to use another city, even if all the state capitals are on or near the ocean (its just our capital that is inland unless I'm mistake?). The others just don't have the famous harbour or may not be as on the water as Sydney CBD is. Most would go 'where is that' or question why it isn't Sydney. What I was briefly reading said that Australia was forming its own NCIS though (not connected to the US or anything, but our own version) & if that is so maybe that is based in Sydney? So there is some fact to it?

It would be nice if the show was actually being shown on CBS, not just some Aussie adaptation airing in Australia first. But at least it is being shown on Paramount+ internationally. But I don't know that it'd be received well overseas either. Guess time will tell though.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-16-2022, 06:55 AM
Absolute Fan

here in Australia we already have our own military law enforcement agency called the Joint Military Police Unit or JMPU that investigate crimes committed by military personnel, so it's similar to NCIS in the US except the JMPU also investigate cases related to the army & air force and not just the navy, and before the JMPU, we also had our own naval criminal investigative service called NIS that only investigated navy crimes. So we do sort of have our own version of NCIS here in Australia, just under a different name. So it's possible that NCIS: Sydney could be based on our JMPU and have nothing to do with the American NCIS agency and the only reason the show is named NCIS: Sydney could only be because it is a NCIS spinoff? We'll just have to wait and see
Old 02-16-2022, 06:59 AM
Moderator Support Team

It is odd to have an Aussie NCIS, but I'm excited to see how country be represented. I hope they get good Aussie actors as well.

And of course they will do Sydney, it has the beaches and harbour , I mean Melbourne has stuff so do other states but it's not as summery as the others

I will give it a shot see how it goes
Old 02-16-2022, 07:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'll definitely check this one out.

Will admit it does make me think LA is probably on it's way out.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-16-2022, 10:20 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah I was wondering that too with Shane connected to it. Could be they are just using him because he is an Aussie though?

Thanks for the info Linda(?) . I knew we had to have something. I hope they have done their research & do base it on what we actually have here but are just using the NCIS name brand. Would be more authentic then. Or at least have I
the US Branch have to interact with the Aussie ones using their correct names.

Quote:
It is odd to have an Aussie NCIS, but I'm excited to see how country be represented. I hope they get good Aussie actors as well.
Exactly my thoughts about it Petra. Hope it works out for them. They don't seem to have much local drama on the channel itself so it is nice they are trying again to get some

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-16-2022, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Hasn't there been rumours about LA ending soon anyway? Seems to me like they're slowly bringing in a new era of the franchise.

Leigh Tumblr
Closed Thread   Post New Thread