Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2022, 12:27 PM
Graphics Team Manager

There are rumours for both LA & the original
This isn't exactly being done by CBS though & it isn't currently being planned to air on CBS so I don't see how it is bringing in a new era. Channel 10 has its struggles (part of why ViacomCBS owns it) so honestly this feels more like a ploy to try make them money than to be replacing anything in the US.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-16-2022, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Possibly.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-16-2022, 01:21 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

It still sounds like an interesting concept NCIS: Sydney... I will also look up the pilot at least...

I heard the rumors about NCIS LA too... It still hasn't been renewed, right?
Old 02-16-2022, 01:28 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't think any of them have been?

I don't pay attention to rumours personally. LA certainly has signs pointing towards it but who knows what the plan is there . NCIS's rumours are as bad as the 'Bull is over so now Tony can come back' ones. Or the fans jumping on NCIS: Sydney wanting Gibbs & Tony for that or at least Tony because Michael Weatherly is free. LA's rumours at least make sense

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-16-2022, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

None have been renewed yet as far as I know.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-16-2022, 04:35 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
Yeah I was wondering that too with Shane connected to it. Could be they are just using him because he is an Aussie though?

Thanks for the info Linda(?) . I knew we had to have something. I hope they have done their research & do base it on what we actually have here but are just using the NCIS name brand. Would be more authentic then. Or at least have I
the US Branch have to interact with the Aussie ones using their correct names.
considering NCIS Sydney will feature a cast and crew of local talents it makes sense to have Shane Brennan as the showrunner since he is an Aussie so he will have a better understanding of our culture and people and TV industry here. It wouldn't make sense to have an American producer in charge of a production that will be completely Aussie, I think there would be a lot of misconceptions and misleading writing about Aussies if a foreigner was in charge, so I'm glad a fellow Aussie like Shane Brennan is in charge.

Yeah I'm hoping that the show will be focused on our own JMPU, it would be more authentic this way, and are only using the NCIS brand name simply because it's a spinoff. It wouldn't make sense for the American NCIS to meddle into Australian affairs, even though they actually have a office in Perth, but they don't have any jurisdiction in terms of enforcing the law here, they don't have the power to do that. They would need the help of the actual law enforcement here like the JMPU and state police.

As for NCIS LA, I've heard about those rumors of it possibly ending, I don't necessarily want it to end since I still enjoy watching NCIS LA, but if it's going to end then it would give Shane Brennan the time he needs to work on NCIS Sydney. I really hope there will be a crossover between NCIS Sydney and the other NCIS shows, most likely with NCIS LA since they are both produced by Brennan. It's less likely for NCIS Sydney to do a crossover with the other 2 NCIS shows considering the tension between Brennan and Mark Harmon that has been going on for years.
Old 02-16-2022, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that, I saw the news on another site earlier also. Pretty cool they are doing one for there. I hope that we will see it stateside at some point as it sounds like it will be interesting and different.
Old 02-17-2022, 01:50 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I heard about some of the rumors too... I guess, we'll see what happens with the renewals, and also with the "spin off"
Old 02-18-2022, 04:35 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplezbear (View Post)
Thanks for that, I saw the news on another site earlier also. Pretty cool they are doing one for there. I hope that we will see it stateside at some point as it sounds like it will be interesting and different.
the show will be released on Paramount+ worldwide so yes you can still watch it if you have Paramount+
Old 02-18-2022, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OK, thanks. I saw something about Paramount + but it didn't say when how long it would take for them to air it in other parts of the world on there.
Old 02-18-2022, 05:56 PM
Absolute Fan

it will be released in 2023 on Paramount+ probably around the same time worldwide, but it would probably air in Australia first on channel 10.
Old 02-18-2022, 07:41 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Hopefully they air it at least US Paramount+ same day like we get on ours for the CBS NCIS's. I wouldn't be surprised if they wait to see how it rates here first though

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-19-2022, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I wonder when we'll hear about renewals.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-19-2022, 06:15 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I am expecting them late this year again. April maybe, but I'm thinking more likely in May

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-20-2022, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't want them to drag it out again

Leigh Tumblr
Closed Thread   Post New Thread