Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2018, 11:08 PM
Graphics Team Manager

People should come to Australia just for our channel names . We've gone from having TEN, ONE, & ELEVEN to having 10, 10 Boss, & 10 Peach... That's just looking at the Network which airs NCISs/Bull too... This comes after a recent rebranding which I just mentioned in Michael's thread. I presume it has something to do with CBS taking over & helping the channel out but the new names are strange. They're meant to be representative of the programming on the channels '10 Boss targets women and men over 40 with programming driven by bold, confident characters, while 10 Peach targeting 16-to-39-year-olds looking for feel-good, escapist entertainment.' (source). I'm still confused by Peach. Its a fruit, its not meant to be the name of a TV channel . Then if I watch the shows on Peach does that make me a Peach or should I be eating a Peach? I'm confused or possibly just thinking too hard about it (but I think they should've thought harder when naming it!)

Anyway, moving away from my 10 Peach rant I actually wanted to share that NCIS & some of its characters are Boss

I like that each time they keep airing those ads I get to see NCIS . As far as I know LA is also airing on Boss (I actually don't think they've started NCIS repeats on there yet), its just not being shown in the ads but I say they're Boss too

Back to weird channel names
Spoiler:

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They have some good promos over there!

Haha funny you get Judge Judy too!
Old 11-26-2018, 12:41 AM
Graphics Team Manager

We can have some good promos . Sometimes they know what they're doing with them, other times they just seem to be having fun

Yeah we're getting a weird selection of shows on that channel All most likely repeats too

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-27-2018, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Funny it can be a mix of things like that

It is definitely an odd selection on that channel
Old 02-16-2019, 11:41 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Figure this one out for me:

NCIS was a repeat here last Sunday even though 16x12 "The Last Link" aired in the US in January so there was clearly a new episode. If they'd aired it last Sunday it would mean that tonight I would've gotten 16x13 "She" - which would've mean it aired here within a week of the US. Maybe that's too soon but given the nature of the episode I would've thought the channel here would want to air something like that sooner rather than later

NCIS:LA caught up & is now in repeats here. It airs on a Tuesday here so it would be very fast tracked if they aired the new episode this week. There isn't a new episode scheduled. In fact I also can't see if it is new next week either, I'm just hoping it is. Oh but wait Charmed which airs on the sister channel here (so yet another CBS-owned channel) also airs new in the US on Sunday night, will be airing here on Tuesday night... Guess Tuesday isn't all too soon for new episodes so why do I get Charmed but not NCIS:LA? (in fact Charmed has been being fast tracked that quickly the whole season - I really don't understand the logic there, but I'll appreciate it)

NCIS:NOLA aired 5.13 "X" last night. That was aired in the US last Tuesday. So explain to me again why NCIS couldn't have been caught up too? It really doesn't seem smart to me. While I think CBS is doing me some good as the shows are airing here sooner (even some non-CBS-related shows), there are also some moves which are still annoying. Either that or I just really want NCIS & LA sooner far more than NOLA

I know I shouldn't complain. I should be celebrating that they're airing the shows, & I swear I am, but it also confuses me with these choices. LA makes sense since for whatever reason there's only one episode airing in February in the US so why air that one only to have to go back into repeats again, but NCIS & NOLA both have episodes the next few weeks so could've continued being as up to date as each other the next few weeks too instead of being mean

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-17-2019, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That is odd Chelle that they are starting to do that again. I don't understand their reasoning in doing that. Maybe when we have a hiatus again, you will get caught up to us then? But that is sill if that is the case.

I think you just want NCIS and LA sooner than NOLA
Old 02-17-2019, 08:45 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I think I know I want those sooner . Except for right now where I'm holding off on watching the cliff hanger, I usually watch NCIS & LA a day or two after they air. Meanwhile NOLA sits around for a while - as seen by my binging 3 eps yesterday

Still no logic behind the choices the channel is making. They air NOLA on a Saturday & after a movie because they know it doesn't rate well so it makes no difference. Yet that's the one most up to date?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-18-2019, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That makes sense

Yeah, makes no sense
Old 02-22-2019, 03:51 PM
Graphics Team Manager

They've now moved NCIS back to Tuesday nights which is nice but also means I've got to wait two more days to watch the Ziva ep

Then looks like NOLA has been removed from the schedule as its not showing on the guide for tonight . Maybe I shouldn't have said anything about it being up to date

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-21-2019, 01:20 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I just saw some article saying that the channel here was moving a reality show into NCIS's timeslot on the 30th & I was about to get annoyed only to realise that Australia's up to date with the US so it makes no difference & the same article says that the reality show ends on May 2nd . We get the episode which aired in the US last week on Tuesday, US doesn't have an episode then. So if next episode airs in the US on the 30th then we can't get one then since otherwise we'd get it first. It does scare me though. I hope they're just using the chance to not just play a repeat of NCIS, but then will return NCIS to me the following week . Hard to imagine Australia could air the season finale a week after it airs in the US

They're actually really close with all three shows, its really weird

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-25-2019, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's good they are airing the shows so close to them being aired here. Hopefully they continue that and don't let this reality show get in the way.
Old 04-25-2019, 02:45 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Hopefully not . I have a feeling that both NCIS & NCIS LA are up to date & will be off next week so they can do what they want with their reality shows then. I haven't watched this weeks LA episode yet so I'm not as up to date as I could be

NOLA may be one week behind too. Its one or two weeks

I've still got at least one LA & one NOLA episode to catch up on before I'm up to date with Australia, but to then also be pretty much up to date with the US too... this is really weird for me

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-26-2019, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Even if it's weird, glad that you are almost caught up with us
Old 04-26-2019, 08:51 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Best to just look at that bit & ignore the weird feeling

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-28-2019, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero