Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2017, 03:00 PM
Master Fan

I notice when we get NCIS back on ch 10 , its usually the season before , so if season 15 is about to start , then ch 10 will start season 14 , so atm its actually on season 11 , Dressed to Kill

Jean-Claude Van Damme Campaign
Old 07-31-2017, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by calling me home (View Post)
I said earlier they're saying August 8th. They haven't changed their minds again as far as i know. But it does still mean they'll need at least one double ep to beat the August 30 DVD release. My guess is if they care to do that we'll get the last two eps together on the 29th
I misread that before! I thought you were saying they upped the release date of the DVD's Well hopefully they will double the eps then. Would be nice if they doubled a few
Old 08-01-2017, 12:34 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I thought you might have Steph

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooty (View Post)
I notice when we get NCIS back on ch 10 , its usually the season before , so if season 15 is about to start , then ch 10 will start season 14 , so atm its actually on season 11 , Dressed to Kill
I've noticed that too. I think they do it with SVU repeats too & sometimes LA. But right now they haven't even finished S14 so don't know that they're doing their lead up yet. I doubt we'll get S15 this year either, they'll probably wait until Feb

Basing on that theory we might get LA this year though as they're replaying S8 on Wednesdays

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-01-2017, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am always misreading things
Old 08-02-2017, 03:00 AM
Master Fan

So am i , thats when i need 3 coffees in the morning

Jean-Claude Van Damme Campaign
Old 08-02-2017, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am sure that would help
Old 08-25-2017, 07:22 PM
Graphics Team Manager

So there's a high chance I'll get the DVD before its released & possibly even before the last two episodes air . I preordered it about two weeks ago because I didn't know when I'd get the chance to go to the store & buy it as my parents will be down at some point next weekend. Plus it was cheaper to get it from a store which is nowhere near me (& I had a giftcard for that store too so worked out even better for me). Last night I got an email to say they'd started shipping & this morning I got one saying 'Estimated delivery by Monday 28th August 2017'

I really want to know if Channel Ten knows when the DVD release is or if they just don't care? oh well, at least they're airing the show still. Knowing me I'd probably still watch the two eps when they air even though I'll have the DVD for at least the finale

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-25-2017, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, that is awesome!! I hope you get it that date! Pretty bad when you get the DVD's before the final episodes air on TV

Guessing they just don't care. Agreed that at least they are showing the show.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:06 PM
Graphics Team Manager

It is bad, especially for a show that has reasonable-decent ratings. Sure it used to do better & they're not amazing ratings but still I could understand it when it happened with Charmed & Medium as they were getting miserable ratings & the channel kept pulling it off & trying other things to see if they'd rate better (in fact in both cases they just ended up airing the episodes during the week around midday to finish them off - & Medium was years after the DVD release). But NCIS? That still does well I think oh well, just so long as they air it & don't start moving it around to different days & timeslots - then you know the show must be really struggling

It could also be that they've got other things to think about given they still don't know what will happen with the channel. I'm not sure if they've got buyers/financial backing (or whatever its called that they need that I don't know the word for) for it to help them so they're still struggling & barely staying afloat

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-26-2017, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Who knows what they are thinking, but like you said, as long as they don't start moving it around!

That could be. I forgot y'all said they were struggling.
Old 08-27-2017, 07:36 PM
Graphics Team Manager

According to my email my DVD has been delivered will be nice to go home to & watch tonight although i'm a little torn on if i should watch the NOLA finale first as it has me curious too. Who would think i would feel that way?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-28-2017, 12:28 AM
Absolute Fan

Hey guys, I want to go back to the topic of Channel 10/Ten's recent financial troubles and its verge of bankruptcy.
I just read that CBS has bought the struggling Ten network...the good news about CBS's purchase of Ten is that at least Ten is now saved and will stay on air, and it won't be shut down, contrary to what earlier rumors claimed. But I do have some concerns about CBS' buyout of Ten, I think with the network now being owned by CBS, their programming would change dramatically to include even more American shows in its schedule, and I think that could potentially backfire on Ten because the overload of US shows is one of the main reasons for Ten's recent financial losses, since US shows are losing popularity here in Australia in recent years. Ten airs more US shows than any other commercial network in Australia, so by adding even more US shows to Ten's programming, it could potentially have an even more negative effect on Ten.
But I do hope I'm wrong, because Ten has been my favourite Aussie network to watch for many years and I want the network to really recover from their recent financial troubles. So hopefully with CBS' recent purchase of Ten, it won't effect Ten's current programming too much, I hope the network will keep their usual popular staple shows.

But are any of my fellow Aussies here even surprised that CBS has bought Ten? I mean, for the past several years CBS has co-owned Ten's digital channel Eleven and Ten has had a very close business relationship with CBS for the past 20 years. So I'm not particularly surprised that CBS has bought Ten.
Old 08-28-2017, 01:27 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I just saw that on the news about CBS buying Ten When you just look at it from an NCIS viewer perspective it is good, but I also completely agree with you. Ten can't air the shows in a way to please everyone & even if they could they'll struggle with the ratings. Their local content rates better so hopefully CBS sees that & doesn't try to change things. Hopefully its just a money backing to keep them going & not them taking control

For their programming what I wonder about is the programming from other US networks As would that mean CBS would want them to exclusively air their programming or would it keep existing deals? Something like SVU which Ten airs in repeats all the time like it does NCIS must do them well enough that they can warrant doing that (I think SVU & NCIS are Ten's TBBT since Nine & 7 are always playing that ). But that's a NBC show so I question if they'd keep it? I think there's a lot of questions about this new deal & I'm concerned for Ten & if it'll actually save them as well as what it means for future programming. Speaking of TBBT does this mean they'll want Ten to air it & not the other two channels

Being a little more serious part of why I watch Ten more than the other channels is because I prefer the US programming so I want it to still be around & I don't want things to change for it. But on the other hand some things need to change for it to get the ratings back up. I do think it needs to stick more of its local content on (possibly spread it across the year so they always have something until they can build it up more?) not get flooded by so much US programming. Save some of the US programming for Foxtel, they've probably got a lot of their shows in repeats anyway

Am I surprised? Yes & no. I wouldn't have expected it but they probably were looking at the fact that they've got this relationship with Ten & its struggling & no one seemed to be able to pick it up back up so they've stepped in to save this relationship they've got. They've probably bought it so they didn't lose money out of losing Ten & this way they're probably hoping they'll get more money out of it?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-29-2017, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yay for the DVDs Chelle!

I don't know what to say about Ten network being saved by CBS. Good and bad like you guys say. Hopefully they don't change the programming too much. Good news might be for some of the US shows, maybe you will get them quicker?
Old 08-30-2017, 01:26 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I'm hoping it'll mean quicker for NCISs but who knows They can't air everything fast tracked & most people watch things online now anyway which isn't helping Ten at all. They need to be able to rely more on local content to survive I think which I hate to say since I want the US content but I think that's the reality

Chelle » join GTmy art
Closed Thread   Post New Thread