Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Rod (View Post)
I really loved tonight`s episode. It was much more focused than the Pilot.

The fantasy mission that went wrong for Echo, who was hunted by Richard was a lot of fun to watch with all of the great action and suspense. It was nice to see Eliza as a damsel in distress again, but at the same time, she still gets to kick ass. She did a great job of displaying Echo`s fearfulness out in the woods. The flashbacks from the Alpha attack and illusions of herself that Echo was having after drinking the poisoned water was some nice hints about herself without revealing too much about her. It`s pretty obvious that Echo is slowly regaining more bits of her memory.

Another thing i liked about tonight`s episode was Boyd`s early days in the program being explored. I have to say that i like him even more, especially when he had Echo`s back out in the woods. That last scene with them after the ordeal was over spoke volumes about how great their relationship is. I think that Boyd will somehow eventually at least try to free Echo from the program down the road.

Lastly the deal with the Alpha attack answered a few questions like how Dr. Claire got her scars, but at the same time, there`s still plenty of mystery about Alpha. I think that he or she is someone that was a part of the Dollhouse program, but turned against it for moral reasons and did the attack as a way of striking back at the program.

Overall i really enjoyed tonight`s episode. It was very focused, full of action and suspense and did a great job of exploring some background, especially with the Alpha attack.
Hey Hot Rod, long time, no see.

Loved the background explanation. I do agree with those that think the premiere should have been a two-parter or a two-hour episode with this as the second half. The premiere tried to do too much because it is impossible to get sufficient backstory, character introduction, and still pull off a "mission."

I don't think Alpha turned against Dollhouse for moral reasons. I think there was underlying rage (having one's life taken away and then being used would provide sufficient rage) and than the residuals from all of the imprints created a sadistic personality. As I mentioned on another thread, it would not surprise me if Alpha and Echo were together before Dollhouse (brother and sister or lovers) and that is why she is still alive. Of course, then the question becomes why did Alpha leave her there?
Old 02-25-2009, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hey Enigma. I was wondering where you were hiding for the longest.

As for your Alpha theory, you make some excellent points, especially with the possibly pre-Dollhouse connection with Echo. Personally i think that they were lovers.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

This was a very intense and awesome episode in my mind