Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-22-2009, 09:06 AM
Elite Fan

Okay, so then your WTF-moment was short lived.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
Old 02-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes. Very much.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:22 PM
I am a basketball genius!

That's too bad. You get a better picture btw online?

Last edited by canflam; 02-22-2009 at 02:32 PM
Old 02-23-2009, 12:19 AM
Loyal Fan

OK another Alpha theory. Maybe he isn't Richard and didn't hire him. But has been keeping track of Echo's assignments somehow, acting as a kind of psycho guardian angel. He tracked them into the woods and took out the fake ranger while Boyd and Echo were dealing with Richard.

There are quite a few mysteries in the show that I'm interested in seeing solved. I'm also wondering what's the deal with Dominic ( Dewitt's second in command )? There must be some past history with Echo 'cause he acted kind of mean when he passed her.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

In retrospect, two things bugged me. First, Echo's not all that fast a learner, or else she would have waited for a kill shot and just taken Richard out instead of taunting him over the walkie-talkie, duh. And second, if Richard's entire background was fabricated, how come it was impossible for Dominic to find that out before the assignment, but it was plain as day afterwards? Jeez. I just love how these infallible covers just fall completely apart right when it's necessary for them to.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:59 AM
Elite Fan

They did Richard's background check, they just didn't actually reasearch what was in his background check.

Kathy - I don't think that Dominc has a history with Echo. Even though we saw him pretty mean to Echo, I think it's all of the dolls that he doesn't like. Here's the character description on the Dollhouse site:

Laurence Dominic is the Chief Security Officer for the Dollhouse. The dolls in their infantile state disgust him, and he considers them expendable in general. Mr. Dominic's job is to protect the secrecy and interests of the Dollhouse, which he takes quite seriously.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by **SuperGirl** (View Post)
Laurence Dominic is the Chief Security Officer for the Dollhouse. The dolls in their infantile state disgust him, and he considers them expendable in general. Mr. Dominic's job is to protect the secrecy and interests of the Dollhouse, which he takes quite seriously.
Thanks. That explains a lot. Also Dewitt might be especially protective of Echo ( can't tell yet since we haven't seen her react to other actives in danger ), and if so Dominic might be reacting to Echo as the teacher's pet.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:54 AM
Master Fan

I don't like that Dominic guy.

He's gonna be trouble in the future, if you ask me.....
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:12 PM
I am a basketball genius!

You don't dig him already? I thought he a ''good'' guy?
Old 02-24-2009, 02:21 PM
Loyal Fan

He's a disgruntled good guy (if you consider the Dollhouse to be the "Good" guys).
Old 02-24-2009, 10:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Interesting.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 02-25-2009, 12:15 AM
Master Fan

I liked this ep better then last week, I am not feeling the brit chick who is the handler or whateva, she lacks personality and also not as smart as she acts by whoring echo out to a psycho which she thought was some pathetic man looking for a good time, its twisted that they would just loan dolls out to someone for personal pleasure. Dude picked the wrong doll to take advantage of and hunt, Echo is no push over and have survival skills, she beat him at his own game, she shot him, kicked his ass and then finished him
Old 02-25-2009, 12:21 AM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

I really liked this episode a lot, lot more then the pilot. The story of Alpha was amazing and Echo being hunted was so hot and amazing! I really like almost all of the characters I can't wait to see them grow!
KATE. | icon
Old 02-25-2009, 09:40 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by technobabble (View Post)
He's a disgruntled good guy (if you consider the Dollhouse to be the "Good" guys).
Yeah, I guess it's all up to your own interpretation. Just because the show is about the Dollhouse, doesn't mean that they can't be the badguys. We already know what they're doing is illegal.

Old 02-25-2009, 08:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie (View Post)
I loved this episode, more so than the Pilot, though the pilot was great to set things up. Looks like Echo might be able to start picking up some old memories from time to time... like at the end of the episode with the sign after the guy said there was nothing in there.

I'm glad Amy Acker was in it a bit more than she was in the last episode. I think it's very possible that it was Alpha who killed that guy in the van, and probably the guy that sent the Agent the picture of 'Caroline' to give him some clue to the investigation.

I wonder if her handler will say anything if he realizes Echo is remembering things or if he'll keep it to himself. Overall, a very good follow-up to the Pilot, I didn't expect the guy to go hunting for her, even though I seen the preview with them pointing weapons at one another.
I also think it was Alpha that sent the agent the picture in order to keep him on the trail. With all of the ridicule he gets and the fact he doesn't get any support from his superiors, he may have been thinking about giving up. Either Alpha wants him to find Dollhouse, or Alpha wants to toy with him, or both.

The other thing I picked up on and I'm sure others have as well is that the first treatment is what gets them to the tabula rasa state. That is why it is much more intense, much more painful, and that they are awake as it is happening. It seems reasonable that the original memory engrams would be much harder to remove than an imprint that was just there for a day or two.