Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-20-2009, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really loved tonight`s episode. It was much more focused than the Pilot.

The fantasy mission that went wrong for Echo, who was hunted by Richard was a lot of fun to watch with all of the great action and suspense. It was nice to see Eliza as a damsel in distress again, but at the same time, she still gets to kick ass. She did a great job of displaying Echo`s fearfulness out in the woods. The flashbacks from the Alpha attack and illusions of herself that Echo was having after drinking the poisoned water was some nice hints about herself without revealing too much about her. It`s pretty obvious that Echo is slowly regaining more bits of her memory.

Another thing i liked about tonight`s episode was Boyd`s early days in the program being explored. I have to say that i like him even more, especially when he had Echo`s back out in the woods. That last scene with them after the ordeal was over spoke volumes about how great their relationship is. I think that Boyd will somehow eventually at least try to free Echo from the program down the road.

Lastly the deal with the Alpha attack answered a few questions like how Dr. Claire got her scars, but at the same time, there`s still plenty of mystery about Alpha. I think that he or she is someone that was a part of the Dollhouse program, but turned against it for moral reasons and did the attack as a way of striking back at the program.

Overall i really enjoyed tonight`s episode. It was very focused, full of action and suspense and did a great job of exploring some background, especially with the Alpha attack.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:05 PM
Elite Fan

I am just going to say - I love this show

Old 02-20-2009, 09:48 PM
Loyal Fan

I really liked this episode too. It was edge-of-your-seat, action packed and there were quite a few things that I didn't expect. I too loved the flashbacks of Boyd and of the aftereffects of the attack by Alpha. I'm wondering if Alpha intentionally left Dr Saunders alive, even though he scarred her.

I noticed how Richard's hair curled out a little and it looked like the sillohette of the guy who was watching the video of Caroline at the end of the last episode. At first I thought he must be Alpha but if so then Dewitt and Dominic would have recognized him.

I think Alpha was an active who not only accidentally started accessing his former imprints, but probably also started remembering the in between time and maybe his original memories. He probably had memories of Echo/Caroline and maybe feelings. When he escaped he didn't kill her but couldn't take her with him. So he is trying to free her by giving clues to Paul Ballard and by getting her to drink the mind freeing drug in the water. Of course having Richard try to kill her doesn't exactly fit with that scenario.

Loved seeing Mark Sheppard as the police detective. Hope he is a regular or at least as a recurring part.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by =-Kathy-> (View Post)
I really liked this episode too. It was edge-of-your-seat, action packed and there were quite a few things that I didn't expect. I too loved the flashbacks of Boyd and of the aftereffects of the attack by Alpha. I'm wondering if Alpha intentionally left Dr Saunders alive, even though he scarred her.

I noticed how Richard's hair curled out a little and it looked like the sillohette of the guy who was watching the video of Caroline at the end of the last episode. At first I thought he must be Alpha but if so then Dewitt and Dominic would have recognized him.

I think Alpha was an active who not only accidentally started accessing his former imprints, but probably also started remembering the in between time and maybe his original memories. He probably had memories of Echo/Caroline and maybe feelings. When he escaped he didn't kill her but couldn't take her with him. So he is trying to free her by giving clues to Paul Ballard and by getting her to drink the mind freeing drug in the water. Of course having Richard try to kill her doesn't exactly fit with that scenario.

Loved seeing Mark Sheppard as the police detective. Hope he is a regular or at least as a recurring part.
You have some very theories regarding the attack. I`m starting to lean toward Alpha being an active. As for Dr. Claire, i think that he scarred her as a warning to TPTB running the Dollhouse program.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i def thought this ep was way better than the pilot! it still seemed to lack a certain fluidity, but the writing, acting and directing seemed so much more on point... one thing that is keeping me interested is the relationship between echo and boyd... i truly hope they keep them as strong and developing throughout the season like they did tonight ... after reading so much about how this has been such a struggle for joss, i seriously wonder if the early eps are even his actual vision... i'm sure by the end i'll be wowed as always, but it certainly sucks that a network would destroy the original concept
Old 02-20-2009, 11:05 PM
Elite Fan

this episode gave me the willynillies, but I still liked it. very b-rated slasher movie, but hey, there's nothing wrong with that. I even followed all the plots tonight! it took me about half an hour though to realize anything after the one scene were flashbacks. I can see an arc forming though, so that's a good thing.
Ellie
Old 02-20-2009, 11:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This episode was definitely better than the pilot, mostly 'cause it was less confusing. I so did not see that him hunting her down thing coming, but I didn't see the promo last week I meant to but never got around to it So I don't know if that indicated that that would happen. But anywho, overall, I liked it. I really like the whole different personality each episode thing, but I don't really care for the parts of the show with the FBI and trying to find out about the Dollhouse and her starting to sense/remember things. I think that this would be a much better show if they just stuck to the different assignments she and some of the others get and have this other stuff happen near the end of the series or something.

An a side note, it was very interesting to see Mark Sheppard. It was weird (for me) that everyone could see him. 'Cause I've only seen him on Medium and on that show (where he appeared in 3 episodes as an evil ghost doctor) only Allison (the psychic/medium) and her oldest daughter, Ariel, could see him.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:30 PM
Elite Fan

^I partially agree on the remembering count. obviously, waiting until the end of the series would be too long and an obvious way to wrap things up, but I do think maybe it's too soon. I'm thinking Echo may go all Alpha on us. they're not supposed to remembered anything, but Alpha seemed to collect parts of various imprints, and with Echo remembering the 'shoulder to the wheel' thing, she seems to be headed that way. hopefully her collecting it all wont' turn her homicidal.

as for the Ranger being Alpha (because I finally just read a bit of what people have been saying), that's what my mom thought at first too, and I asked if he should have been recognized then, but last week, the black guy (sorry, I really have barely caught any names) was new, and this week, in flashbacks, it seems he was brought on after that happened. so yeah, idk. obviously, he wasn't, but Alpha was clearly nearby.
Ellie
Old 02-20-2009, 11:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The problem I find with this whole remembering this is what are they gonna do with the rest of the series? I mean, if she remembers, then how can the show continue. And if she forgets what she remembers, then what was the point in doing all this now?
Old 02-20-2009, 11:55 PM
Elite Fan

I this episode. It was great. It kept me interested the whole time. So much better than the pilot.

Formerly TvWeirdo07 -Vette-
Old 02-21-2009, 12:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

This episode was awesome! Liked it a whole lot more then last weeks. Loved the Echo/Boyd moments.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 02-21-2009, 12:45 AM
Master Fan

This epi was sooooooooooo much better than last week! Much less confusing. They should have aired both epis back-to-back as a 2 hour premiere, IMO.
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:49 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Rod (View Post)
You have some very theories regarding the attack. I`m starting to lean toward Alpha being an active. As for Dr. Claire, i think that he scarred her as a warning to TPTB running the Dollhouse program.
That makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice_ice_baby (View Post)
An a side note, it was very interesting to see Mark Sheppard. It was weird (for me) that everyone could see him. 'Cause I've only seen him on Medium and on that show (where he appeared in 3 episodes as an evil ghost doctor) only Allison (the psychic/medium) and her oldest daughter, Ariel, could see him.
I saw him first as Badger in 'Firefly' and he is currently in BSG as Romo Lampkin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Stewie (View Post)
This epi was sooooooooooo much better than last week! Much less confusing. They should have aired both epis back-to-back as a 2 hour premiere, IMO.
Last week when I was discussing the pilot with my sister we decided a 2-hour pilot would have been better. All the characters and story lines that were introduced could have been expanded a little so that it was less confusing. But your idea of combining the first 2 episodes into a 2 hour mini works too. I think seeing the episodes one after another on DVD will be fantastic too.

Old 02-21-2009, 07:57 AM
Elite Fan

^ I know, I was like, "Romooooo!"

I thought this was a great second episode, and I was really happy to see how Boyd first came to the Dollhouse. You could tell when he first started he didn't see the point in getting so attached to Echo or being very personal with her. And overtime we can all see that he truely does care about her. There were great scenes between the two of them, and I hope we get more.

And this thing with Alpha still baffles me. But I guess that's the point. I almost thought that the dream date guy was Alpha, but I guess not. And I knew from the previews that things would go wrong, I just didn't know how. Man, that guy sure did flip the switch didn't he?

I think the more Echo is reminded of her previous life and memories, the faster they'll start coming back to her. I liked seeing her flashbacks and images of herself...and I wonder if we should be worried if Boyd will go to Topher since Echo did tell him that she was seeing things. Or maybe he'll just think nothing of it and move on.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
Old 02-21-2009, 11:02 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by **SuperGirl** (View Post)
And this thing with Alpha still baffles me. But I guess that's the point.
Me too and it does make the anticipation of finding out fun.

Quote:
I almost thought that the dream date guy was Alpha, but I guess not. And I knew from the previews that things would go wrong, I just didn't know how. Man, that guy sure did flip the switch didn't he?
He has got be Alpha but then Dewitt should have recognized him, or hired by him. Alpha was close by because he killed the fake forest ranger using the same kind of knife. I need to see this episode again. Did the out-doorsy dream date have a knife, or did Echo have hallucinations about a knife?

Quote:
I think the more Echo is reminded of her previous life and memories, the faster they'll start coming back to her. I liked seeing her flashbacks and images of herself...and I wonder if we should be worried if Boyd will go to Topher since Echo did tell him that she was seeing things. Or maybe he'll just think nothing of it and move on.
I like seeing the flashbacks too. I hope Boyd doesn't go to Topher because I like the trust that is developing between him and Echo and don't want to see that jeopardized.