Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-21-2009, 02:01 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Stewie (View Post)
This epi was sooooooooooo much better than last week! Much less confusing. They should have aired both epis back-to-back as a 2 hour premiere, IMO.
You think this week's episode is less confusing? How come? I need to watch yesterday's episode again. Didn't understand why she go on date with dude & they seem like having a good time, then he try to end her.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:15 PM
Elite Fan

There's still a few questions, but it's definitely less confusing. That guy was just...messed up in the head. First, I thought he got off on the thrill of "hunting" women and killing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =-Kathy-> (View Post)
He has got be Alpha but then Dewitt should have recognized him, or hired by him. Alpha was close by because he killed the fake forest ranger using the same kind of knife. I need to see this episode again. Did the out-doorsy dream date have a knife, or did Echo have hallucinations about a knife?
Wait, what do you mean? Are you talking about the forest ranger that Boyd killed? The way I saw it, it was Alpha that killed him...not the other guy. He was too busy hunting down Echo. And the only thing about a knife that I remember was Echo's memories, not hallucinations, in the Dollhouse when they were all attacked by Alpha.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
Old 02-21-2009, 03:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
You think this week's episode is less confusing? How come? I need to watch yesterday's episode again. Didn't understand why she go on date with dude & they seem like having a good time, then he try to end her.
Well, alpha hired the dude to hire Echo. The dude was a psycho, and his CV was made up.
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:01 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Okay that makes more sense now.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Great episode. I think if the premiere had been 2 hours, with this episode & the pilot I think the premiere would have gotten better reviews.
The mythology is starting to build.
The imprint between Echo & Harry is starting to break down
Echo is starting to "pick up" things from her imprints. I see it as kind of like a chalk board or one of those dry erase marker boards. Even when you erase it you can still kind of see what was there. After a while I think these bits and pieces are going to stick for good
Is that what happened to Alpha? Is he made up of dozens, hundreds of pieces of other people's memories?
Also when Echo was being imprinted to her handler, was he secretly being imprinted to her? Could his touching her have conected him to the machinery that performs the imprints?
Old 02-21-2009, 05:49 PM
Master Fan

I don't know why, but this episode felt a bit contradictory in some ways to the pilot. It was a very solid episode on its own, but just felt a bit contradictory for it to be the second ep.. it didn't feel right.
I made my icon.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxFisher (View Post)
Echo is starting to "pick up" things from her imprints. I see it as kind of like a chalk board or one of those dry erase marker boards. Even when you erase it you can still kind of see what was there. After a while I think these bits and pieces are going to stick for good.....
I hate those white boards!!! The writing never fully comes off!
But I totally agree with that theaory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxFisher (View Post)
Also when Echo was being imprinted to her handler, was he secretly being imprinted to her? Could his touching her have conected him to the machinery that performs the imprints?
Interesting theory!!! I had not thought of that possibility......

X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Some great theories in here!

I thought this episode was better than the pilot, I'm really liking this show. I love Echo and Boyd, their bond is great. And I didn't forsee that guy coming after Echo, either. It kept me interested ...
ღღღ
Old 02-21-2009, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Very interesting...this episode and the pilot together make a much more comprehensible pairing. It very well could have been Alpha who set Richard loose. For that matter, it could have been Alpha who hired the fake ranger guy...it could have been a plan to get Echo out by herself and then snatch her away.

I do think that the bond between Boyd and Echo means that he will help her when she starts remembering things, rather than turn her over to Topher. This episode, where the tables were turned and he ended up relying on her, was pivotal to that angle, I think.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This episode was 100 times better than the pilot. I LOVED IT!

Old 02-22-2009, 02:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This episode was unbelievable. Eliza was soooooooo freakin awesome and I loved all the excitement. I also really enjoyed the flashbacks and finding out how Echo and Boyd have become so close, this relationship is my favourite now and I really love how is takes care of her, no matter what she is doing at the time.

Overall awesomeness and I cant wait for the next one!
Old 02-22-2009, 06:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Pikachu (View Post)
I do think that the bond between Boyd and Echo means that he will help her when she starts remembering things, rather than turn her over to Topher.
I really hope you're right. I was hoping that they wouldn't think we forgot about the part where Echo admitted to Boyd that she was starting to see things. And that she remembered a man with a knife (Alpha). It should definitely raise some red flags, but if Topher found out about that...things could get ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infallible love (View Post)
I thought this episode was better than the pilot, I'm really liking this show. I love Echo and Boyd, their bond is great. And I didn't forsee that guy coming after Echo, either. It kept me interested ...
It was the best WTF moment ever, wasn't it?

Old 02-22-2009, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Def a WTF?!?! Moment. I was like "Ok, I don't get it." HAHAHAHA.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:25 AM
Elite Fan

Well, first, you knew something was wrong when he turned down sex for a second time. And then he just flipped the switch and was all, "...And then I'm coming after you". Aaaaand cut to commercial. It was great.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

LOL. I watched online so no commercial, WOULD have made it easy to sink in. I was like "He's kiddin, surely."