Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2011, 10:33 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sursonica (View Post)
Well, all shows have flaws, and of course TBBT has them, and I think all of us know that here in this forum, but like I said, I and a lot of us here decided to focus on the positive aspects instead of concentrating all the time in the flaws and just whine about it all the time.. I hate that.. is a tv show after all, if you don't enjoy it, you can always watch something else, is not like anyone is forcing anyone into watcthing the show. that's why I like it here, I don't have to deal with whiners

And yes to be honest the Shamy, and Amy's character in my case is really a huge plus right now, I like what they're doing there Like Nicole said, the Shamy is the storyline that IMO they've done best so far. Leonard & Penny's.. they've kinda lost some direction there, hopefully they will get back on track with it. now that the Shamy has been established. (Also, because I want the Shamy to go slow and this first half of the season had them advance a lot.. so I want them to make it rest a little as much as I love them)
Then why is it being disliked by a lot of people though?

☆Krys ☆
Old 11-18-2011, 10:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

Know what I just realized? Penny called Amy a 'vixen' last night! That's twice she's been called that...must be true.

But speaking of flaws in the show, what was up with that moronic comic store attendant? Yeah... that was just painfully unfunny.

Icon by BlackWhiteRose
Old 11-18-2011, 10:56 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by topherkraz78 (View Post)
Well, you cannot please everyone, no matter how good you are... and pissed off or unhappy people about something are usually the loudest.. I don't think they are the majority at all but the noisiest, that is for sure.

And Dale? I did kinda like him, he was kinda adorkable in a way I don't think we'll see him again though
Old 11-18-2011, 11:00 PM
Supreme Fan

I wonder if Dale will replace Stuart since his tbbt days are numbered. Otherwise they would have to close out the comic book store. To stay on subject SHAMY RULES!!

☆Krys ☆
Old 11-18-2011, 11:04 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
To stay on subject SHAMY RULES!!
SHAMY FTW!!!

Old 11-18-2011, 11:07 PM
Obsessed Fan

ahhh it is now my favourite thing to log into Fan Forum & see pages & pages of Shamy love

Awww that gif ^ Yes Amy it is so romantic!
Old 11-18-2011, 11:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

http://bluepen27.deviantart.com/#/d4fcr47

Look at this awesome fanart I found on Deviant Art... I can't post the pic directly but it's worth the trip, I swear!
Old 11-18-2011, 11:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

OMG that art is adoable!!

I saw a cute one on tumblr before as well but i dunno where a link to it is now tho But i'm happy so many talented people are feeling inspired to draw this couple!!
Old 11-19-2011, 02:37 AM
Extreme Fan

Since I've watched 5x10 like a hundred times now (), I've thought about some new title suggestions...or maybe sth to add for the OT:

"Because mutual indemnification always is SO romantic"
"Because they've went from girl/friend/boy/friend over kinda-sorta-boyfriend to officially boyfriend/girlfriend"
"A relationship agreement has been passed, now it's official."
"Because 'jealousy' was their key."
Old 11-19-2011, 02:55 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyele (View Post)

I just rewatched the proposal scene again, it really was a touch of genius the dramatic background music!
And the little (yet long) pause Amy did before saying "yes!", like pondering a bit, or savoring the moment, and the hint of emotion in her voice, its just, just

Could this be the most "romantic" (yet the oddest too) scene between a couple in the series?
I mean, all the other couples have had great scenes too, Penny and Leonard are so passionate and fun, Bernie and Howard are very sweet, but Shamy....... I just don't know, they are really unique
It's romantic as anything. I re-watched it before going to bed, late last night, and then I dreamed of it and woke up with this warm happy feeling and also a vague suspicion that it may all have been a dream.. because how could things have happened between Sheldon and Amy so close to what I've always imagined? It really was as perfect as that.

Quote:
I guess the "bohoos and ouchies" chapter contains mutual clauses too, what if Amy gets sick? He will MUST take good care of her!
It absolutely does, I'm sure, since I'd like to believe Sheldon is a fair-minded person in his way. Even the roommate agreement has mutual clauses, as Leonard once told Raj.

We've already seen him take care of her when she's upset, I want to see what he does if she falls ill.

Edit: I just went throught the 5 pages of this thread (while I've been sleeping and dreaming..) and I would want to quote all your posts, Nicole, Yanina, Linda, AFC, but I just have to say I couldn't agree more and this is all I need to quote: Amy is their masterpiece.

It's absolutely fascinating how they managed to develop both the characters as well as their odd relationship in subtle hints and gestures throughout, without ever going overboard or dramatic or taking either of them too much out of their comfort zones. In TPGE, there were many dissatisfied comments on the other forum about how Sheldon has been made too immature and childlike, they didn't like him dressing up and playing with trains like that; it was me who put forward the theory that he did it only because he was secretly jealous and wanted to hide it even from himself. His obsessive childish behavior was a camouflage, symbolic of distracting himself from deeper feelings which he couldn't understand or felt uncomfortable with.

I think this episode just about proved that hypothesis - here he clearly dressed up and tried to lose himself in his gaming passions because he wanted to forget the Amy/Stuart thing. And he still couldn't. It's wonderful how well we can understand his hidden motivations, just as his friends do.. it's just great storytelling.

And now, I want to go back to re-watching that scene again, which seems to make the sunshine brighter after I watch it.

Quote:
And Dale? I did kinda like him, he was kinda adorkable in a way I don't think we'll see him again though.
I thought he was funny and silly, and a nice counterpoint to a scene where Sheldon went through some intense feelings and tried to hide them. That moment needed some comic relief, and Dale's silliness provided it.

Last edited by Pomita; 11-19-2011 at 03:18 AM
Old 11-19-2011, 04:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Another thing I really liked-the movie theater scene, they were talking to one another, yes of course, but for the most part they were looking ahead of them. I found that cute because it's Shamy and it just seems right to me that they don't lock eyes when discussing this stuff.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:57 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Another thing I really liked-the movie theater scene, they were talking to one another, yes of course, but for the most part they were looking ahead of them. I found that cute because it's Shamy and it just seems right to me that they don't lock eyes when discussing this stuff.
Absolutely. Also, in Sheldon's case it was probably embarrassment, too, to some extent - he's uncomfortable with anything which has to do with expressing feelings ('I'm a physicist, not a hippie!'), and this was certainly such a situation.

I thought Jim Parsons did a masterful job with his expressions in that scene, he sort of stares at the screen with a fixed glare but the hint of sentiment is there in his face and voice.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomita (View Post)

It's absolutely fascinating how they managed to develop both the characters as well as their odd relationship in subtle hints and gestures throughout, without ever going overboard or dramatic or taking either of them too much out of their comfort zones. In TPGE, there were many dissatisfied comments on the other forum about how Sheldon has been made too immature and childlike, they didn't like him dressing up and playing with trains like that; it was me who put forward the theory that he did it only because he was secretly jealous and wanted to hide it even from himself. His obsessive childish behavior was a camouflage, symbolic of distracting himself from deeper feelings which he couldn't understand or felt uncomfortable with.

I think this episode just about proved that hypothesis - here he clearly dressed up and tried to lose himself in his gaming passions because he wanted to forget the Amy/Stuart thing. And he still couldn't. It's wonderful how well we can understand his hidden motivations, just as his friends do.. it's just great storytelling.
Yeah, I agree. Getting wrapped up in his games and science fiction is a great subtle way of showing Sheldon's jealousy and I love how they've used it more than once and how it sort of proves now that that's part of what he was doing in TPGE.

And I love that gif of Amy calling the Relationship Agreement romantic. It was so adorable the way she said it all choked up.

And great video, Nicole. Vixen!Amy and Jealous!Sheldon.
Old 11-19-2011, 12:11 PM
New Fan

I feel the deep need to tell you all how amazing you are. There really isn't anything much better than logging in here after a couple of days away and see so much Shamy love. It's always interesting to read your perspectives on things and rewatching scenes because someone here saw something that I missed. You guys rock!

And hello to all the new people too.

Quote:
I guess that one reason is that this season has been very Shamy heavy so far and that's not why some people watch the show. I'm not complaining because I love how the writers have done it, as I've said many times but still I kinda get where they're coming from. I felt the same way when the second X-Files movie came out and it became more about Mulder and Scully than an actual X File. The same goes for some of the fans of TBBT, I would think. The show started out as a show about nerds and their daily lives with a little romance but now I guess some see it as more of a romantic comedy. Again, although the show has had more of a couply vibe, I don't feel like the nerdiness has died.

Secondly, some people don't like the fact that Sheldon HAS to have a gf because he's asexual/autistic/ect. I guess that it all comes down how people see Sheldon. I won't go into details about this because I think you get my point.

And lastly, Amy is talking Sheldon away from himself and the rest of the gang. At least that's what I've hear/read. I don't feel she is and in my mind it's only understandable that he more frequently chooses the compagny of Amy than the others. She gets him and almost always takes him for what he is and he chose to be her friend.

There are surely other possible reason too.

------

Regarding the episode itself I'm mostly happy. As some have said, it might have been a good idea to have given Amy and Stuart another episode together. For me it's about not wanting Amy to wake up one day and realize that she doesn't want Sheldon anymore, because she wants more than what she can get from Sheldon. Not that I think she will though. She loves him and knows what he's capable of giving her. I guess there's still a little tiny bit of me that's worried they moved too fast and Amy, blinded by love, would have said yes to anything just to have Sheldon as her bf without taking into account what she actually wants from one. I'm not pitying Amy because she's an intellegent woman not a 15 year old (well maybe a bit mentally ) who surely would've been able to argue through the relationship agreement if she wasn't satisfied. I really just don't want them to break-up that's all. They're each other's one in five billions (just to quote The X Files. ) but the worry just comes from other shows I've watched where this has happened. I just have to remember to tell myself that Sheldon and Amy are unique, I guess. I'm not making sense. Sorry about that.

Am I the only one who would find it funny if Amy's kinda-sorta fiance made an appearence?
Old 11-19-2011, 01:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Nicole, that jelaous-Shelly video was so apt!

Thanks, and welcome here, MySecretLife. I quite agree with what you say.

Regarding the possibility of Sheldon and Amy breaking up some day, that would be very sad but I must confess I haven't even thought about what is likely to happen between them, after this, not even the next step. I'm just on the edge of my seat, biting my nails to see what these amazing writers come up with. They're both such unique human beings, together and individually, that it's impossible to predict anything. I'm only hoping for plenty of delightful humor, a little more odd Shamyromance, and both of them learning a lot and getting a lot out of whatever happens.

(Which is basically what one should hope for at the start of any relationship, I guess, instead of being scared of when the other shoe might fall).