Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2011, 07:44 PM
Supreme Fan

As I suspected, some backlash has begun. So will this be a war of shippers?

☆Krys ☆
Old 11-18-2011, 07:49 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by topherkraz78 (View Post)
It began after the episode ended.. I'm just ignoring it, it doesn't make any sense but well, haters gonna hate
Old 11-18-2011, 07:50 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Yeah I noticed that too. Some Shenniers are upset because they feel they were told there was no way Sheldon could have feelings for a girl and now all of a sudden he's getting all jealous and suggesting an official relationship. Honestly though I never felt that tptb were adamant he'd never be in a relationship, just that it could never happen with Penny cause it would require the character to change waaaay too much in order for it to work. I do feel bad for their disappointment of course, but I just don't see it as being realistic for the writers to take such a classic character and put him in a storyline that would necessitate he be forced to alter the very fabric of who he is. Just my two cents anyway
Old 11-18-2011, 07:55 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sursonica (View Post)
It began after the episode ended.. I'm just ignoring it, it doesn't make any sense but well, haters gonna hate
I just got home from being gone for 14 hrs. So I am just now catching up.

☆Krys ☆
Old 11-18-2011, 08:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Farrah Cooper (View Post)
Watching the development of Shamy, you can tell how much meticulous thought and effort the writers put into creating a relationship for Sheldon that would both be true to the character but also something the fans would want to "root" for. That's why I could never ship Shenny: the whole premise of it is almost based on wanting him with someone who would "fix" him or force him to change dramatically, and I would have HATED it if they butchered Sheldon that way With Amy, Sheldon will always have the freedom to be himself, cause unlike everyone else, even his own mother, Amy completely "gets" him.
Exactly. Neither has to be any different for the other and neither is forcing the other to be different. They only change for each other at times because they want to, and like you said, there's no thoughts of needing to 'fix' the other. I just love it.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
THIS. They're good, no doubt about that, but I think this is the first time they've pulled something off flawlessly. Shamy is their masterpiece.
It truly is Nicole, you said it perfectly.

And the best part is: there is still much more Shamy to come! (I hope! )
Old 11-18-2011, 08:47 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
THIS. They're good, no doubt about that, but I think this is the first time they've pulled something off flawlessly. Shamy is their masterpiece.
It is!!! I love how they've been hadling it and I trust them 100% on this. They know best and it shows!!

BTW, I'm about to rewatch the episode again.. this time's excuse: I just downloaded the full HD version.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree, they have handled this without flaw thus far. Thank you, writers!

Old 11-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Don't you think it's amazing that EVERYONE around Sheldon were aware that he had feelings for Amy, and none was surprised?

The guys and the girls, all of them knew, and were able to tease him about it and give him advice, he was the only one in denial!
Old 11-18-2011, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyele (View Post)
Don't you think it's amazing that EVERYONE around Sheldon were aware that he had feelings for Amy, and none was surprised?

The guys and the girls, all of them knew, and were able to tease him about it and give him advice, he was the only one in denial!
YES! They all knew. But they also knew it'd take time.

Wanted to finish this before going to bed. Amy and Jealous!Sheldon - Red High Heels

Old 11-18-2011, 09:38 PM
Supreme Fan

Are we just so bias about SHAMY is that clouding our judgement at all on the show? I know the show is not perfect but I worry that we are so drawn in that we think this show is flawless.

☆Krys ☆
Old 11-18-2011, 09:51 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Are we just so bias about SHAMY is that clouding our judgement at all on the show? I know the show is not perfect but I worry that we are so drawn in that we think this show is flawless.
Well, of course we are biased, but then again, everyone is. I don't think the show is flawless, though... But I tend to be a positive person and focus on what I like.. and as we maybe a little biased on seeing the glass half full, some people is also too biased on seeing the glass half empty all the time... All I know is that I'm really enjoying the Shamy and I'm enjoying the show as a whole as I always did.. there are some episodes I like more than others, but I do enjoy it a LOT, and if that is because I'm biased well.. it's a great bias 'cos it makes me happy
Old 11-18-2011, 09:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

Wanted to finish this before going to bed. Amy and Jealous!Sheldon - Red High Heels
Awwwwww, so cute video Nicole!

Quote:
Well, I don't think the show as a whole is flawless, but Shamy is

Seriously speaking, there are some things I'd like to see in the show, like better and bigger storylines for characters like Penny and Raj, just a bit more nerdy stuff and so, but the show still makes me laugh a lot, I care for the characters, none of them disgust me, and, as a plus, it has that little kinda-sorta romance that is rocking my world right now, and they are handling it so well, I'm in awe.

So, maybe yes, I'm biased, I don't think the show is flawfree, but it's still one of my favorites.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:00 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sursonica (View Post)
Well, of course we are biased, but then again, everyone is. I don't think the show is flawless, though... But I tend to be a positive person and focus on what I like.. and as we maybe a little biased on seeing the glass half full, some people is also too biased on seeing the glass half empty all the time... All I know is that I'm really enjoying the Shamy and I'm enjoying the show as a whole as I always did.. there are some episodes I like more than others, but I do enjoy it a LOT, and if that is because I'm biased well.. it's a great bias 'cos it makes me happy
very good answer. I wasnt asking for me but general. I love this show regardless of the flaws as little as it has. But even my favorite show West Wing and Friends had flaws. I love how the story is going for SHAMY though

☆Krys ☆
Old 11-18-2011, 10:25 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
very good answer. I wasnt asking for me but general. I love this show regardless of the flaws as little as it has. But even my favorite show West Wing and Friends had flaws. I love how the story is going for SHAMY though
Well, all shows have flaws, and of course TBBT has them, and I think all of us know that here in this forum, but like I said, I and a lot of us here decided to focus on the positive aspects instead of concentrating all the time in the flaws and just whine about it all the time.. I hate that.. is a tv show after all, if you don't enjoy it, you can always watch something else, is not like anyone is forcing anyone into watcthing the show. that's why I like it here, I don't have to deal with whiners

And yes to be honest the Shamy, and Amy's character in my case is really a huge plus right now, I like what they're doing there Like Nicole said, the Shamy is the storyline that IMO they've done best so far. Leonard & Penny's.. they've kinda lost some direction there, hopefully they will get back on track with it. now that the Shamy has been established. (Also, because I want the Shamy to go slow and this first half of the season had them advance a lot.. so I want them to make it rest a little as much as I love them)
Closed Thread   Post New Thread