2) having french toast with butter and syrup, which was made by Amy

Does that mean he woke up with Amy?

*drops mike*

Sheldon Kissed Amy

~ Rosie
Old 02-26-2015, 09:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamyLove (View Post)
So...

If Sheldon's perfect day is :

1) waking up

*drops mike*
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!
This is the fic fuel we've dreamed of!
Old 02-26-2015, 09:11 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
So...

1) waking up

*drops mike*
Exactly what I thought when he said that!
Old 02-26-2015, 09:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
So...

1) waking up

*drops mike*
That's how I'm choosing to interpret it!

Also, how adorable were their looks to each other in the opening scene? And Sheldon mentioned how he PROCLAIMED his love for her! In front of Leonard, Penny, & Raj no less!

THESE TWO.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:35 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Riterra Smith (View Post)
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!
This is the fic fuel we've dreamed of!
Hey Captain - have you also avoided watching the episode like me?

I have to admit I haven't watched it yet because I was spoiled from a fanfic I was reading and then just HAD to read the taping report and was so worried about the Shenny 4 minute test thing that I can't bring myself to watching this epsiode.

I am normally totally unspoiled but had to have a peek!
Old 02-27-2015, 12:47 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezz (View Post)

I have to admit I haven't watched it yet because I was spoiled from a fanfic I was reading and then just HAD to read the taping report and was so worried about the Shenny 4 minute test thing that I can't bring myself to watching this epsiode.

Bill would say this to you
https://twitter.com/billprady/status/570979340097204225

~Susanne ~
Old 02-27-2015, 12:56 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
I know, I know Susanne and normally I don't read them but the fanfic tempted me this time
Old 02-27-2015, 03:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
So...

1) waking up

*drops mike*
Exactly what I thought too!

Quote:
Love that!!
Actually the whole story, with Sheldon and Penny confirming out loud they're not in love, and Amy and Leonard not being the slightest bit worried for one second about them doing the experiment, confirms yet again that romantic Shenny isn't on the writers' agenda. Not sure what discussions have gone on about all this in the spoiled community, but there's obviously not anything to worry about after seeing the episode.

Quote:

Sorry you’ve had all that angst. Up until a couple days ago, all I knew about this episode was the title - oh, and the promo at the end of last week's ep, but that was very quick and I didn't think it gave much away. By the time it aired, I'd seen a couple pics and knew Sheldon and Penny were doing some sort of love experiment and they were teasing the 'Shenny' thing. I’d rather have known nothing, but then again, whenever it’s not a Shamy ep you end up just a little disappointed... So maybe sometimes it is better to have an idea of what’s coming. In any case, finding out the story premise a couple hours before the episode isn’t as bad as having a couple of weeks to worry or get excited and let your imagination work overtime. It really is tricky trying to avoid all promos, and once you've seen something, it can make you want to find out more.

Other Shamy stuff I liked (besides the French toast thing): -
- The look Amy gave Raj in the car when he compared Penny being with Sheldon to being trapped in a room with a zombie. She did not appreciate that insult towards her sweet Baboo.
- Amy telling Sheldon no to his captive human experiment idea. The assertive way she said “Forget it,” sounded to me like she’s getting used to having more say.
- This last thing is really in my head rather than on the show, but when Sheldon talks about not being able to read people’s minds and how hard it is for him, I couldn’t help thinking how Amy knows this and understands how his brain works more than anyone, and also I believe Sheldon does not find it as hard to empathise with Amy as with others.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

I didn't read the report but I saw some drama unfold on the net. And I thought, oh right that was the reason I started stay spoilerfree in the first place (I confess I was a bit lazy during the last time, I didn't read the reports but I read a lot of comments But stopped doing that right after this episode)

Jezz, that episode is sweet, you don't have to be scared. Just watch it, you will like it. And even there wasn't much Shamy interaction, the little tidbits we got were great

Edit: suggestion for one of our next thread titles
"Because Sheldon pontificated his way right into Amys heart"

~Susanne ~

Last edited by smoguntia; 02-27-2015 at 05:16 AM
Old 02-27-2015, 04:58 AM
Addicted Fan

The only thing I knew about the episode was the title, and that this thread was far too quiet, which usually means something is going on.... My guess was that it was Shamy heavy, like Sheldon proposing to Amy that they increase their intimacy. So totally wrong!

So in the context, the experiment between Sheldon and Penny is totally understood, and everyone is very aware that there are absolutely no romantic feelings between them; Amy and Leonard totally agree to let them do it, and it is clear Amy does not volunteer because they are already in love. When Raj tells them they should worry, it is even cleared: absolutely no fear. It made me happy: it means both couples are at the right place right now.
And I loved Amy's reaction to Leonard's answer to the first question; she is not as smitten to Sheldon as everyone thinks; she loves him but her life would not depend entirely on his, it does not revolve around him. And I don't even believe it would be Leonard's first choice to choose Penny, he was probably just saying that in front of her bestie. The experiment between the two of them would have been biased anyway because they have bonds with the other's significant other. For Penny and Sheldon it is different, they develop their relationship in parallel with Leonard and Penny's.
I like the Shenny friendship, it is cute. They are like brothers and sisters, after these 8 years, and definitely can appreciate each other's qualities, that they took time to discover, but it is so obvious they are not made for each other. I mean, if people trust it, who am I to tell them they are wrong, but my headcanon is clear and every bit given by the writers confirms it for me.

So as I did not know anything beforehand and watched it in the context, I liked the episiode. Oh and I loved that Amy pointed out what we already knew, but still: she did not want to fall in love with Sheldon but he pontificated his way right into her heart. And I liked that she said "pontificate" on purpose for him to ponctuate it with a "fun fact".

Last edited by stefi62; 02-27-2015 at 05:06 AM
Old 02-27-2015, 05:54 AM
Extreme Fan

Oh thanks for all the reassurance my fellow shamymites!

I have to admit I am still a bit nervous about clicking that 'play' button but I'm going to watch it.

And it's not helping logging onto IG and there's hashtag Shenny everywhere with the posts from TBBT.

Ok - I'm going to trust you guys!
Old 02-27-2015, 06:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh thanks for all the reassurance my fellow shamymites!

I have to admit I am still a bit nervous about clicking that 'play' button but I'm going to watch it.

And it's not helping logging onto IG and there's hashtag Shenny everywhere with the posts from TBBT.

Ok - I'm going to trust you guys!
(in the voice of Amy) WATCH IT NOW!!

really, its great, I have seen it three times in a row now

~Susanne ~
Old 02-27-2015, 06:28 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
(in the voice of Amy) WATCH IT NOW!!

really, its great, I have seen it three times in a row now
Oh thanks Susanne Ok - I've just seen the first bit and it is very sweet with the Shamy announcing their love for one another

Now onto the next part....

ETA: Ok....please don't judge me but can't do it. The Shenny phobia has kicked in and I know I should get from this episode that the Shamy are OTP and Sheldon and Penny are like brothers and sisters and I like their friendship too, but I've always just had this phobia that there will be this twist. I've got too many goosebumps so I'm going to have to skip it. Perhaps I'll see it later....I feel horrible I can't finish the episode - sorry to let you all down!!!

But I agree that the beginning is very sweet

Last edited by jezz; 02-27-2015 at 06:56 AM
Old 02-27-2015, 06:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I didn't read the report but I saw some drama unfold on the net. And I thought, oh right that was the reason I started stay spoilerfree in the first place (I confess I was a bit lazy during the last time, I didn't read the reports but I read a lot of comments But stopped doing that right after this episode)

Jezz, that episode is sweet, you don't have to be scared. Just watch it, you will like it. And even there wasn't much Shamy interaction, the little tidbits we got were great

It's gotta be, surely!
Old 02-27-2015, 07:08 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
LOVE that!

Another thing I noticed: Back in 7.21, we see an Amy who is jealous of how close Sheldon and Penny's friendship is. But she's gained so much confidence this past year, and feels much more secure in her relationship with Sheldon, that she has no trouble letting Sheldon and Penny do the love experiment. Sheldon's heart belongs to Amy, and Amy knows this, and knows nothing will change that.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread