Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2015, 05:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
After all those banana jokes I couldn't resist
I like it!
Old 02-20-2015, 06:23 AM
Extreme Fan

Thank you Anglophile for the link! Very sweet

I also think he was in his underpants otherwise Amy would have been staring for a whole lot longer!

Really loved the episode!! Like Stefi said, it was nice to see the Shamy vs the world again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)
Great! Good catch, Stefi. (Can't believe we've got eating a banana together on the list )

I enjoyed the jealous Sheldon part. Like you say, they didn't overdo it, but it was like romantic jealousy Shamy-style. "Standing on street corners handing out your math to any guy that comes along." Yep, we could definitely see some jealousy there from Sheldon.
That was just HILARIOUS!!!
Old 02-20-2015, 08:24 AM
Loyal Fan

It was also sweet that they were eating lunch together in Amy's lab in the first scene. I'd like to think they do that often since for some reason we never see Amy join all the guys in the cafeteria at lunch.

I also got feels when they walked in the comic book store together, and when Sheldon said, "That sounds like us." He's thinking of him and Amy as an "us"!
Old 02-20-2015, 09:39 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglophile79 (View Post)
It was also sweet that they were eating lunch together in Amy's lab in the first scene. I'd like to think they do that often since for some reason we never see Amy join all the guys in the cafeteria at lunch.

I also got feels when they walked in the comic book store together, and when Sheldon said, "That sounds like us." He's thinking of him and Amy as an "us"!
Your last remark made me realize something: the last time Sheldon walked away from there, he was distraught, for a few reasons, including the fact that he knew his girlfriend loved him and it was total devastation, around him and within him. Now they come back, almost hand in hand, smiling widely, in perfect harmony.
Also, do you think that the writers created the storyline to have Sheldon realize that Amy could help him with his work, and maybe conclude what the psychic had told: everything will fall into place once you commit to your girlfriend, both personally and professionally? I never thought that what they meant by that was that Amy and Sheldon would work together some day, but now I'm not so sure anymore...
Old 02-20-2015, 10:58 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
So the question is, just how naked was Sheldon behind the door? While it doesn't seem like him to be willing to be naked in front of both Penny and Amy, it does seem like him, after saying he was naked, to actually follow through and be naked. Plus, Amy has seen him in his underwear before, so I'm not sure she would have had the reaction she did tonight if he was merely in his underwear. Intrigue!
In my headcanon he showed them his naked tushie

~Susanne ~
Old 02-20-2015, 11:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Yes!! I loved that too! And, as Stefi says, they were smiling and looking so 'together'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefi62 (View Post)
Your last remark made me realize something: the last time Sheldon walked away from there, he was distraught, for a few reasons, including the fact that he knew his girlfriend loved him and it was total devastation, around him and within him. Now they come back, almost hand in hand, smiling widely, in perfect harmony.
Also, do you think that the writers created the storyline to have Sheldon realize that Amy could help him with his work, and maybe conclude what the psychic had told: everything will fall into place once you commit to your girlfriend, both personally and professionally? I never thought that what they meant by that was that Amy and Sheldon would work together some day, but now I'm not so sure anymore...
I hadn't thought about that comparison with the last time Sheldon was there. Interesting. As for the psychic thing, I doubt they had that in mind, but it did sort of remind me of that. He should've taken the math she was offering! I don't think they'll be going down the route of having Shamy collaborate at work, certainly not any time soon at least, because we saw his attitude and also we've already had the storyline where he's collaborating with Leonard.

Whether or not they eventually work together in any way, it was fun to have them collaborate on their experiments on their friends for now.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:20 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)

Whether or not they eventually work together in any way, it was fun to have them collaborate on their experiments on their friends for now.
It really was!

One other thing I noticed: Amy is still knocking on Sheldon's door. I guess she has no key.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:26 AM
Elite Fan

Despite Amy's reaction, it's my opinion that Sheldon was in his underwear. True Amy seemed overly pleased and she's seen Sheldon before, but her reaction seemed pretty similar to other times she's seen him in his underwear. I think poor Amy is just happy to see some of Shelly's skin.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:55 PM
Master Fan

Loved their scenes. We had jelly Shelly, them plotting against the others, Sheldon talking about "us" and Shamy eating dinner together in Amys lab.

I still can't decide if I like Amy helping out Kripke or not On the one side Amy is right, they are all scientists and they should help each other out (btw. Sheldon did that with Leonard the last episode too) but on the other side I understand Sheldon a bit, Kripke is giving Sheldon a hard time since the beginning. Perhaps she should at least have told him, that she would tell Kripke about her findings, that would have given him an opportunity to say no and write his own paper.
Perhaps the next time Amy comes up with an idea, Sheldon will listen

But they were on the same side at the end, and that's all the counts

Edit:

He Shelly, do you like what you are seeing?

~Susanne ~

Last edited by smoguntia; 02-20-2015 at 01:41 PM
Old 02-20-2015, 01:44 PM
Elite Fan

I find Sheldon's jealousy really intriguing. Yes, sure, it's Kripke, with whom he has a rival, but the particular brand of jealousy seemed more romantic in nature.
Old 02-20-2015, 01:53 PM
Master Fan

Hehe, Susanne! I thought you could see Sheldon giving Amy a few close looks last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
I find Sheldon's jealousy really intriguing. Yes, sure, it's Kripke, with whom he has a rival, but the particular brand of jealousy seemed more romantic in nature.
Yes, I definitely got that feeling. But the Shamy version!
Old 02-20-2015, 02:30 PM
Elite Fan

Of course! It's only natural that Sheldon would get romantically jealous over Amy sharing her mind with another man.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:47 PM
Master Fan

I wonder if Barry would have brought the wine present to Amy if Sheldon wouldn't have been there and if he just wanted to rile up Sheldon a bit because his hot giwlfwiend helped HIM to write a successful paper

~Susanne ~
Old 02-20-2015, 04:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

Barry would use any excuse to ruffle Sheldon's feathers. But it does serve Sheldon right for underestimating a biologist's math prowess.
Old 02-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Riterra Smith (View Post)
Barry would use any excuse to ruffle Sheldon's feathers. But it does serve Sheldon right for underestimating a biologist's math prowess.
It would be great if Sheldon would appreciate Amys and her work more. Perhaps Amy helping Kripke will give him something to think.
I'm still hoping there will be a shared work project in the future

~Susanne ~
Closed Thread   Post New Thread