Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2015, 06:12 AM
Extreme Fan

The tribute to Moyra is really lovely - just so touching......making me teary again.....

AWWWW I that pic Susanne and thanks for that link Stef! Every single moment made me say "Awww" out loud.
Old 02-14-2015, 03:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Happy Valentine's Day, Shamydom!

An awesome classic came up on my iPod earlier, and I was really listening to the lyrics, and reminded me so much of Shamy, primarily Sheldon's POV. It's Leave a Tender Moment Alone by Billy Joel. Here are the lyrics:

Billy Joel - Leave A Tender Moment Alone Lyrics | MetroLyrics
Old 02-14-2015, 05:50 PM
Elite Fan

Valentines Day...the day (on the show) when Sheldon kissed Amy.

The funny thing is, to simply describe it ("Sheldon and Amy had their first kiss on Valentines Day") makes it sound blase and far too normal for them, and yet the way that it happened is distinctly Shamy and so sweet and awesome.

On a related note, I've gotten 2 reviews today from my Shamy Valentines fic that I had completely forgotten I even wrote.

ETA:
I'm feeling nostalgic after the events of this week, so I'm watching The Isolation Permutation (my personal favorite) and Flaming Spitoon.

Last edited by Musickat18; 02-14-2015 at 08:25 PM
Old 02-15-2015, 06:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

There was a link for your story on the other forum!
Old 02-15-2015, 08:48 AM
Loyal Fan

Jim Parsons On Sheldon And Amy’s ‘Honest’ Relationship On ‘The Big Bang Theory’
Old 02-15-2015, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm so glad to see the tribute to Moyra in the OP. Such a fitting way to acknowledge what a dedicated Shamy shipper she was, and how much we will miss her. She may have been Shamy Shipper #43 - but she will always be #1 in our hearts.

~Heidi
Old 02-15-2015, 04:35 PM
Master Fan

Yes Heidi, she had a big heart and always was so positive about Shamy. She will be missed very much in the fandom and in this ship. She deserves her place in the OP

Thanks for the link, I always love it when Jim is gushing about Shamy

~Susanne ~
Old 02-16-2015, 12:35 PM
Master Fan

Thanks!
Old 02-17-2015, 10:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I'm so glad to see the tribute to Moyra in the OP. Such a fitting way to acknowledge what a dedicated Shamy shipper she was, and how much we will miss her. She may have been Shamy Shipper #43 - but she will always be #1 in our hearts.
43 is a very important number for the L/P shippers, so I always get hearts in my eyes when I see that was her number here.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:18 PM
Loyal Fan

So the question is, just how naked was Sheldon behind the door? While it doesn't seem like him to be willing to be naked in front of both Penny and Amy, it does seem like him, after saying he was naked, to actually follow through and be naked. Plus, Amy has seen him in his underwear before, so I'm not sure she would have had the reaction she did tonight if he was merely in his underwear. Intrigue!

Also, did anyone else wonder which way Amy ate the banana that was in the puzzle box?

Last edited by Anglophile79; 02-19-2015 at 09:20 PM
Old 02-19-2015, 08:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

Between Amy's reaction and Penny's sharp demand to pull his pants up, I might believe full nudity. The banana in the box must have been eaten horizontally, it could have been the one Sheldon spoke of when he first mentioned the horizontal habit. The Horizontal Habit. (GASP) That is SO the title of the episode Shamy first spends the night together!
Old 02-19-2015, 11:47 PM
Addicted Fan

I love that "The Shamy vs the World" is back! The whole experiment for Leonard, Penny and the chimp was funny. And I love that she helped Barry Kripke, and Sheldon obviously is not entirely okay with it, but they did not fall in the very easy Jelly Shelly plotline, their relationship is stronger than that.

But I hate TBBT this week: for months, ever since I saw Frozen, it has been hard for me to get the "Let it go" tune out of my head, and now it's like they plotted for me to have in head for the whole day! Thanks guys!

Oh and I think Sheldon was not entirely naked, just in his underwear, like we've seen him already.

ETA: from the wishlist I think we have these ones covered: Doing more experiments in the Social Sciences & More "Shamy vs. the rest of the group" dynamics - like in the Parking Lot

And for some others, we're not that far away IMO:
Playing practical jokes on the rest of the gang.
Doing a work related project together.
Eating a banana together.

Last edited by stefi62; 02-20-2015 at 12:39 AM
Old 02-20-2015, 04:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefi62 (View Post)
I love that "The Shamy vs the World" is back! The whole experiment for Leonard, Penny and the chimp was funny. And I love that she helped Barry Kripke, and Sheldon obviously is not entirely okay with it, but they did not fall in the very easy Jelly Shelly plotline, their relationship is stronger than that.

But I hate TBBT this week: for months, ever since I saw Frozen, it has been hard for me to get the "Let it go" tune out of my head, and now it's like they plotted for me to have in head for the whole day! Thanks guys!

Oh and I think Sheldon was not entirely naked, just in his underwear, like we've seen him already.

ETA: from the wishlist I think we have these ones covered: Doing more experiments in the Social Sciences & More "Shamy vs. the rest of the group" dynamics - like in the Parking Lot

And for some others, we're not that far away IMO:
Playing practical jokes on the rest of the gang.
Doing a work related project together.
Eating a banana together.
Great! Good catch, Stefi. (Can't believe we've got eating a banana together on the list )

I enjoyed the jealous Sheldon part. Like you say, they didn't overdo it, but it was like romantic jealousy Shamy-style. "Standing on street corners handing out your math to any guy that comes along." Yep, we could definitely see some jealousy there from Sheldon.

I also liked the way he quickly closed the door when Penny let Amy know what she was mad about. He knew he was in trouble there! As for the pants, I'm quite happy to let it remain ambiguous. It does seem hard to believe he would've been completely naked, but then logically it seems he was.
BTW, on the first take of that as I remember, both Amy and Penny ordered him to pull his pants up. I'm glad they changed it.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)
Great! Good catch, Stefi. (Can't believe we've got eating a banana together on the list )
After all those banana jokes I couldn't resist

~Susanne ~
Old 02-20-2015, 05:12 AM
Master Fan

~Susanne ~
Closed Thread   Post New Thread