Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2011, 08:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I was laughing out loud the entire time. I think if my roommate wasn't so easy going she might have offed me.

I wasn't concerned about doing stuff just for sex, like Carl said in the L/P thread, he never said he dated her just for sex, he said he did a few things during their relationship for it. And what guy doesn't? On my other shows, Ted, Marshall, Chandler, Ross, I mean, it happens all the time, at least on television, that guys will do certain things for sex during a relationship. It's certainly not something that they should be given a hard time for. I mean, "boys will be boys" is a fairly common phrase.
Me too, but when I watched it I was alone so nobody heard me
Now that you said that, I can see it better. And I agree, it's like with the rest of the shows (you forgot Joey !).
I'm more happier for this episode than before when I thought that.
These L/P moments MUST happen on this season.

How Leonard and Penny reacted was lovely. They are not wanting to date with the other but there are feelings!
Old 11-11-2011, 09:53 AM
Addicted Fan

Yanina's e-mail to Sheldon was PRICELESS.

Haven't seen the episode yet (will download and do so tonight), but it sounds lovely.. I love cats AND birds.
Pomita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh yes, Yanina's email was awesome. So linking to that on Twitter. No one will get it, but who cares.

And yeah, Pomita, I think you'll really love the episode-it was really, really funny.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:21 AM
Dedicated Fan

I forgot to mention that Sheldon offering a beverage to the bird was so adorable x333

And I do the same Leonard does, when I eat I usually leave my favorite stuff to eat it last, and yes, sometimes people just grab your favorite food :C Though I make sure they don't take it all or just one bite, or none at all *pouts*

I don't think boys would appreciate if you girls say they say yes to things just to have sex, it implies we are just that whiny and that they are not gentlemen. If a boy ever said no to me then okay, let's check something else. There is supposed to be a limit and I think Leonard mostly said yes because he wasn't sure what would the outcome be had he ever said "no", even though Penny wouldn't take it the wrong way or deny him the sex.

Then again, she is described as a hothead and maybe Leonard didn't just wanna fight in fear of her breaking up with him, but that's inconsistent because he has said some things that bothered her (the guy staying at her apartment, the psychic thing) . And really, going to Korea Town at two in the morning? Penny wouldn't be negative had he ever said no.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fercita (View Post)
I forgot to mention that Sheldon offering a beverage to the bird was so adorable x333

And I do the same Leonard does, when I eat I usually leave my favorite stuff to eat it last, and yes, sometimes people just grab your favorite food :C Though I make sure they don't take it all or just one bite, or none at all *pouts*

I don't think boys would appreciate if you girls say they say yes to things just to have sex, it implies we are just that whiny and that they are not gentlemen. If a boy ever said no to me then okay, let's check something else. There is supposed to be a limit and I think Leonard mostly said yes because he wasn't sure what would the outcome be had he ever said "no", even though Penny wouldn't take it the wrong way or deny him the sex.
Awww, that was adorable , it is true!!
I believe Nicole was not refering to "all the guys", I think she tried to said that it's not unusual, things like that could happen in some couples and sometimes in the real life, obviously not all the guys (on screen or on the real life) are like how Leonard was. Maybe what Leonard did wasn't proper, but well it's not something to be disgusted, those things happen and aren't odd cases.

But well, coming back to the episode, I also liked the interaction between Sheldon and Bernadette. There's not interaction between them (also there is not Howard/Amy or Raj/Amy) but in this episode finally they got an interaction.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigilove (View Post)
I believe Nicole was not refering to "all the guys", I think she tried to said that it's not unusual, things like that could happen in some couples and sometimes in the real life, obviously not all the guys (on screen or on the real life) are like how Leonard was. Maybe what Leonard did wasn't proper, but well it's not something to be disgusted, those things happen and aren't odd cases.
Yes Gina, you understood me correctly.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:02 PM
Addicted Fan

Just watched it. Lovely episode, especially the Sheldon/bird part (I was much more into that). It left me mostly rolling with laughter, as a cat-lover it fulfilled a dream of hearing Sheldon meow (and make snarl noises to boot), and it was soo endearing towards the end when he suddenly falls in love with his LD! Him feeding it a beverage must go down as one of the sweetest Sheldon moments ever.

I felt so sorry for him when it flew away, his reaction was funny but it did show a glimpse of genuine (if immature) emotion in him. 'Get back here, you stupid bird, so I can love you!' - legendary! I agree with whoever said above that Sheldon's getting over his fear and opening himself to feelings for the bird was definitely symbolic. (of possible further emotional development? hint, hint).

Amy's jealousy was aww. That expression she made! Also loved 'hysterical'.

I'm not particularly a Leonard/Penny shipper, but I quite like them together, and I thought today's episode showed an interesting new dynamics between them. The escalating jibes and bitchiness was enjoyable (hark at the audience clapping when Leonard asked for the ticket money Maybe they need to go through these phases if they're meant to end up together some day. I half-wished Leonard hadn't lost his cockiness and gone back to being his submissive self at the end, but I guess this was as far as he could manage it for now!

And oh. 'I'm going to be a mommy'.
Pomita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sheldon and that bird

I cannot believe he went from trying to kill him to be his "mummy"

It was nice to see LP again, something is definitely still there.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:23 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fercita (View Post)

Then again, she is described as a hothead and maybe Leonard didn't just wanna fight in fear of her breaking up with him, but that's inconsistent because he has said some things that bothered her (the guy staying at her apartment, the psychic thing) . And really, going to Korea Town at two in the morning? Penny wouldn't be negative had he ever said no.
Well Fercita, once again you and I are in pretty much the same state of mind it seems.

I wouldn't say i thought the epi was great, but it definitely had some redeeming qualities.

I understand the writers want us to see the growth between P/L and that's fine obviously they have a bit to go. I just felt a lot of respect that they had during all seasons was gone in this one, especially from Leonard towards Penny.

No offense but I though at some points he was being a real jerk and jackass to her. Sure he apologized later but it was really quite offensive imho. She might forgive him but then again she forgave other rude and disrespectful jerks and ex's too and clearly has boundary-problems.
I'm not saying she never took advantage who knows - but really it was more a problem of Leonard not finding his own boundaries and protecting them, just giving in to anything like he did with other women like Stephany and Priya especially. Fine so he's growing a backbone, good for him. No need to be a condescending jerk though.
Sure at some point they were both poking at eachother and maybe Penny didn't need to trail off with the other nerdguy, but Leonard was so busy making sure Penny didn't in any way conceive it to be a date as in treating her rather badly and rubbing it in, that it was almost inevitable.

I understand why the dynamics can be positive in the end but I didn't like how he treated her as an idiot - something she's clearly always been very sensitive about. I thought that was very mean actually. I'm not sure had I been in Penny's place I would have forgiven him this easily.

Also well yeah the scenes with Sheldon and the bird were funny and sweet - but I kinda feel for Amy as she's clearly lacking some warmth and human contact - a lot more than Sheldon is able or capable of giving her now and probably for quite a while. I kinda wish for her to find someone to be warm and loving to her, I like her character and I think in the end her and Sheldon are not so well-matched after all unless by some miracle he develops at her pace. I don't see that happening and if it did, frankly it may not actually seem very plausible.
I hope Amy will stay on the show because I like the complexity of her character - I just hope they stereotype her a little less than they do at times (eg the over-reaction to the weddingdress thing and drama of highschool- disappointments - then again I never went to highschool in the usa so maybe it really is that traumatic to some people.. )
Jazzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzed (View Post)
I hope Amy will stay on the show because I like the complexity of her character - I just hope they stereotype her a little less than they do at times (eg the over-reaction to the weddingdress thing and drama of highschool- disappointments - then again I never went to highschool in the usa so maybe it really is that traumatic to some people.. )
I know this relates to last week's episode, but I want to comment on it, besides, it somehow relates to TOD too.

I don't think Amy was overreacting, (I read a comment somewhere that said her sadness was ruining her as a character who should always be shown as a "cold woman of science", not as a whiny pathetic girl ) The fact is it was not just about highschool, she has been rejected by her peers for all her life, and suddenly, being left behind without explanation was (as she said herself in one of the lines) feeling the weight of all those years of loneliness and rejection falling over her once again.

I know exaggeration is one of the ingredients of comedy, and it surely was played that way for the sake of laughs, but I can definitely understand why she was so depressed. Hope I'm making a point here

Now, I say this relates a bit to Sheldon's situation in TOD, because I've read that his phobic reactions were exaggerated too. Well, let's remember he had a lot of irrational phobias, but ornitophobia was actually sustented!, he had suffered "bird attacks" several times in his life, perhaps he wasn't being the analytic man of science he should be, but, for once, I think it was justificated.
Rockyele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

@Jazzed I think you are in for a surprise for future chapters about the Sheldon/Amy thing. Either way, I also think she needs something warmer. They all need loving people, but in no way overly soft. Something firm but wonderful. Their situations differ not only from the interactions in the outside world, but also their own family, as we've seen represented by how they deal with things. Leonard is able to stand Sheldon and his idiosyncrasy because of his family. Sheldon is able to stand Penny because of his family. Howard's own relationship strives from a deep connection with his mom, and we have the spoiled rich boy, which make Raj even more of weak person, derived from his wealthy upbringing. Now, not all of this are negative, if anything, they both give perspective of a world they would otherwise repel, or they give perspective about the person itself and what exactly they need. At the end Sheldon and Leonard are great friends and the actors do a great job to show that, and Penny and Sheldon, by all their fights and misunderstandings, they still consider themselves good friends.

Alas, maybe I'm again over thinking it, which would make an emphasis on what Rockyele said. Which bring a rather subjective opinion about comedy.

I don't like when writers use a grim situation to make people laugh. I like it when they make us relate to the character and instead of laughing at it, we are actually laughing at ourselves too, but there is a limit and that limit depends on the person.

I personally found episode three very bitter comedy, it really reminded me of TAHM, where the situation of a character was used in such a way that instead of laughing with them, you just kind of stand there feeling uncomfortable O.o

And I agree with you Jazzed, I liked Leonard's having a backbone, I thought it was acutally very charming and redeeming of his character, but I didn't like the cocky part nor I think a woman would find that attractive unless she was self-destructive. I wish the characters would banter without antagonizing each other. It doesn't sound like they are jealous or something, it just makes you think they are mean to each other.

For all saying Leonard is supposed to break the vicious cycle or jerks, he is acting like any other one.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:52 PM
Absolute Fan

Why all of the sudden Leonard is the jerk when Penny was the one who, after inviting him to go to the movies and a bar with him, ditched him?.

Even if it was "not a date" that is not a nice thing to do. TBH and I've already said it on this thread I did get mad at Penny for that. It was not cool. He didn't mistreated Penny while she was chatting up the hipster guy with the glasses. He was talking to Laura when she came to him expecting him to hang out with her again after the other guy left. He did say some nasty things to her, but also did she, and then acted all offended and Leonard had to apologize. To me, she is the one who should had apologized to Leonard.

And Leonard is the jerk? I love Penny but she was wrong. She didn't do the right thing, and she did acted as if Leonard was the one guilty for their breakup when the only thing he did was telling her "I love you".

I'm not saying Leonard is perfect, he is not, and I would never make such assertion but we gotta be fair here and cut him some slack. Really.
Sursonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think Leonard did things with Penny just for sex, IMO he was trying to me more manly and over doing it to hide his true feelings and that he still loves Penny. Right now it would be too soon for them to get back together. And I'm sure Penny will hook up with someone before the season is out and we'll get Leonard acting jealous but denying it.

I predict some kind of hook-up at the wedding, which this being TV will probably be right near, if not the season final.
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:41 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sursonica (View Post)
Why all of the sudden Leonard is the jerk when Penny was the one who, after inviting him to go to the movies and a bar with him, ditched him?.

Even if it was "not a date" that is not a nice thing to do. TBH and I've already said it on this thread I did get mad at Penny for that. It was not cool. He didn't mistreated Penny while she was chatting up the hipster guy with the glasses. He was talking to Laura when she came to him expecting him to hang out with her again after the other guy left. He did say some nasty things to her, but also did she, and then acted all offended and Leonard had to apologize. To me, she is the one who should had apologized to Leonard.
I 100% agree. I've seen Leonard get some hatred for basically calling Penny stupid. And yeah, like he later said, he crossed a line with that. But if you're gonna call out Leonard, you also need to call out Penny for her actions. She's the one who invited him out, then ditched him, and then started the insult battle when he was talking to Laura.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
ennaxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:49 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sursonica (View Post)

And Leonard is the jerk? I love Penny but she was wrong. She didn't do the right thing, and she did acted as if Leonard was the one guilty for their breakup when the only thing he did was telling her "I love you".

I'm not saying Leonard is perfect, he is not, and I would never make such assertion but we gotta be fair here and cut him some slack. Really.
Ya, Penny talking to that guy was wrong especially since she was the one who invited Leonard to go with her in the first place. If Leonard had invited Penny to go to the movies and then started talking to some other girl Penny would have been furious and I'm sure there would be some people posting here saying what a horrible person Leonard was for doing that.
carl1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread