Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Absolute Fan

I loved the episode!!! Here's my review I will separate it on storylines cos I wanna do it so here it is:

Leonard/Penny storyline: I really liked that it was Penny the one who suggested Leonard about hanging out. I liked that it was different this time. Before, it was always him, now she is the one proactively pursuing spending time with him and I dig that.
Leonard's wardrobe changes were a nice change too, it reminded me of the old leonard, who would get so nervous about going out with Penny but with a twist.
I liked Leonard telling the truth to Penny, it shows he is confortable enough with her to tell her finally about what he was thinking when they were together. For someone like Leonard, that is HUGE. I liked that he imposed what he wanted to do for once. He stood up for what he wanted, and Penny digged that... then it was the bar scene... I kinda got a little mad at Penny when she started flirting with that guy (I dont remember the name), she ditched Leonard, even if it wasn't a date and that was not really cool... I did giggled though at Leonard's "they are in a group, I'm scared" (or something like that I don't remember exactly, I had wine, sorry )

I liked that Leonard was talking about Penny to Laura before Penny came back to him and I loved their little banther.. why? because they've reached a point where they can fight and say nasty things to each other and STILL be OK with the other... that shows that they care about each other, deeper than they might think. And Leonard's sex on the table thing.. wow... Penny almost gave in (who wouldn't? I mean, sex, Leonard, table?) (sex, Johnny, on a table... oh wait, no, sorry, it's the wine )

And Sheldon & the bird was hilarious! Jim was amazing as always and I really loved his little tenderness glimpses towards the bird... so adorable!! And Bernadette was so hilarious! she really does know how to deal with stubborn children!

- If you don't come George Lucas is gonna change the movie again!! I fell your pain Howard, I do,

Amy's monkey story... still giggling at that.. it was hilarious!! but tragic but hilarious! (ok getting confused, it's the wine)

anyone catch that email address? I have a terrible urge to email that saying I saw the bird, but emailing the Shamy's bird dance gif. muehehehehe (read that muehehhee with a diabolic laugh sound plz)

SOOOO!!! I really liked this episode. TBH I was a little scared because of the episode's descriptiion... for some reason I thought it was going to be a bad episode for LP BUT I WAS SO WRONG AND THIS TIME I LOVE THAT I WAS WRONG!!

that's it, I'm going to bed
Sursonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

As usual, we are 100% in agreement.

Also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sursonica (View Post)

anyone catch that email address? I have a terrible urge to email that saying I saw the bird, but emailing the Shamy's bird dance gif. muehehehehe (read that muehehhee with a diabolic laugh sound plz)
I would die laughing if you did that. You'd be my idol. Seriously.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I would die laughing if you did that. You'd be my idol. Seriously.
Yanina just did that... the email address was s.cooperphd@yahoo.com... and the address exists!!

Sursonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You just made my life.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love this ep went back to the 3 core/original main cast with just a touch from the other guys (and no wedding talk).

L&P were great on their non date but its clear they still love each other and I'm hoping they do end up together by seasons end, maybe gong to the wedding together?

Sheldon and the bird, another piece which is the crazy puzzle we love about him.
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
I love this ep went back to the 3 core/original main cast with just a touch from the other guys (and no wedding talk).

L&P were great on their non date but its clear they still love each other and I'm hoping they do end up together by seasons end, maybe gong to the wedding together?

Sheldon and the bird, another piece which is the crazy puzzle we love about him.
THIS! Especially what's in bold...were Raj and Howard even in this ep? Remind me...oh wait, the death ray scene. Haha

Old 11-10-2011, 08:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

I really liked that this episode was back to the core 3 and I liked the Leonard / Penny banter. Almost like season 2.

But the science was missing and there were no nerds. Sheldon was a neurotic but not a man of science.
I was kind of uncomfortable with his actions.
linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)

I totally agree with you
I think this is what I really loved about it, the core 3 with the others on the side
and Oh Yeah LP love and longing woo hoo!!!

oh and Sheldon with the bird was so funny, when that bird sat on his spot I screamed for him
LostInTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

Ok, I'm going to post what I posted in another board (with differences) because I don't think I could mention anything more and anything less.

I actually thought Leonard having a backbone could be the thing that redeemed the disaster that was their relationship, and I'm glad the writers realized this enough to put it on Leonard's dialogue. But as always, it was a downer when Penny gets close to him and he is just back to what he was before: "I can be whatever you want me to be". -___-

I liked that they acted mean to each other, not so much as to say it couldn't have gone better. I like when friends are casual enough to be that impulsive without fear of anger and future fights, but the subtext or jealous ex-lovers was also tiring, and they did end up with some mixed feelings until Leonard apologized (as he should). Couldn't the writers just let them be friends first? the whole "they just can't be friends" thing is not believable at all because they didn't even try to be in the first place. Romantic relationships worthy to see always have a "friend" background, and them "not capable of just being friends" is tiring and implausible They are putting them down our throats and the whole Laura scene was really unnecessary. It did come off as mean from both parties, rather like comedy used in TAHM. But, they, at the end, were friends above everything, so I liked that.

The Sheldon plot was sweet, a little bit overdone here and there, but it gave path to a new group dynamic. I think Jim and Melissa were terrific there. Want to see more of these group combinations in the future. I agree with making Sheldon grow first (as it was mentioned back there), it doesn't have to be about the current trend of pairing him off with Amy, but as a substantial thing exclusive of his character alone. He has the mental maturity of a twelve year old boy. Maybe Amy is like his childhood crush: the "puppy love" of boys when they enter puberty.

Overall I have liked other episodes more. I liked the expressions Penny did to Leonard, now that is actual "showing" instead of just "saying". And Leonard, apart from him saying all those things to Penny. was sweetly nerd. With the whole "just twice on blue-ray", or "They are in a group, I'm scared". Awwww!! D

Now if they could just keep him like that instead of forcefully using them to antagonize each other and to enhance their "flaws".

It should be not necessary to say this is my opinion.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by linux3 (View Post)
I really liked that this episode was back to the core 3 and I liked the Leonard / Penny banter. Almost like season 2.

But the science was missing and there were no nerds. Sheldon was a neurotic but not a man of science.
I was kind of uncomfortable with his actions.
We the ultra-sonic was the science, but how they didn't know/think it wouldn't break the glass?

Not sounding to much like a geek but when the Mythbusters tested this they took a long time to get the right frequency and volume to break a glass.

I hope we see Penny and Leonard spending more time together.
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So I don't think I've mentioned this before, but as much as I liked the episode, I think my favorite part was:

Sheldon: What does a hawk sound like?
Leonard: ...I don't know...scree...? Scree?

Old 11-11-2011, 06:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Liked the episode!
I loved the scenes with Sheldon and the bird it cracked me up And Bernadette really knows how to handle Sheldon Love her!
It was so sweet of Amy and Bernadette to help Sheldon with his fear!
Liked the Leonard/Penny storyline it was a good one.
Too bad the bird flew away! But the end was so funny with Sheldon and the nest with the egg and the lamp

@WeBuiltThePyramids: Yeah that was hilarious! And before that as Sheldon made cat noises I couldnĀ“t stop laughing

Really good episode!

And Sheldons email adresse was: s.cooperphd@yahoo.com!
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRose (View Post)
Liked the episode!
I loved the scenes with Sheldon and the bird it cracked me up And Bernadette really knows how to handle Sheldon Love her!
It was so sweet of Amy and Bernadette to help Sheldon with his fear!
Liked the Leonard/Penny storyline it was a good one.
Too bad the bird flew away! But the end was so funny with Sheldon and the nest with the egg and the lamp

@WeBuiltThePyramids: Yeah that was hilarious! And before that as Sheldon made cat noises I couldnĀ“t stop laughing

Really good episode!

And Sheldons email adresse was: s.cooperphd@yahoo.com!
I said on Twitter that my new favorite ship on this show is Sheldon/Bird.

And yes, "reow hiss!"

Old 11-11-2011, 08:36 AM
Master Fan

The most funny episode of the season! I was laughing all the time, with Sheldon and the bird (he tried to be a cat with that the drawing ), the whole time of Leonard&Penny, all the things!

Just I didn't like the thing about Leonard and Penny, that Leonard did some things "just for sex". And I believe Howard and Raj deserved to be more time in the episode.
But the rest of the things were excellent. Especially the last scene between Leonard&Penny, how she was approaching to him, I like it, I want to see more of them again !
Old 11-11-2011, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigilove (View Post)
The most funny episode of the season! I was laughing all the time, with Sheldon and the bird (he tried to be a cat with that the drawing ), the whole time of Leonard&Penny, all the things!

Just I didn't like the thing about Leonard and Penny, that Leonard did some things "just for sex". And I believe Howard and Raj deserved to be more time in the episode.
But the rest of the things were excellent. Especially the last scene between Leonard&Penny, how she was approaching to him, I like it, I want to see more of them again !
I was laughing out loud the entire time. I think if my roommate wasn't so easy going she might have offed me.

I wasn't concerned about doing stuff just for sex, like Carl said in the L/P thread, he never said he dated her just for sex, he said he did a few things during their relationship for it. And what guy doesn't? On my other shows, Ted, Marshall, Chandler, Ross, I mean, it happens all the time, at least on television, that guys will do certain things for sex during a relationship. It's certainly not something that they should be given a hard time for. I mean, "boys will be boys" is a fairly common phrase.

Reply   Post New Thread