Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2020, 06:09 PM
Total Fan

ML.......let us know how your new kitchen floor turned out.
Old 02-11-2020, 09:59 AM
Master Fan

Man came and measured today and talked about whether to spread goop over the old floor to level it out, or put thin plywood all over it. Personally the wavy flooring doesn't bother me at all, but then I'm not a professional floor guy. This was step 1, measuring and looking at the job. Then he'll send a proposal/estimate. They they put down the goop (or plywood). Then they make a template of the whole kitchen. Then they go back to their shop and cut it out. Then they come and put it down... A slow process!

Aside from that, it's rainy and gloomy here (which is better than snowy and slippery!)
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 02-11-2020, 02:34 PM
Total Fan

sML.......that is a slow process with your new floor. I get impatient with those kind of projects from time to time. At least it has started.

Last edited by keepsmiling7; 02-12-2020 at 04:16 PM
Old 02-12-2020, 01:50 PM
Elite Fan

Hi girls posting quick while I have Grace watching a cartoon and before big kids and Liz get home. Sorry to be so MIA but I’ve been so busy with medical stuff plus being at Liz’s . She went with me to the dr Tuesday which I couldn’t have kept her away from being her but of course was a comfort and she took notes and taped the whole hour the much dr spent with us explaining stuff and answering questions . I did read your posts and enjoyed the animal tales. I hope your floor looks great when done ML! I’m going to just copy last some of a text I sent to some of my family who of course are concerned and praying . Here is the latest

Just got done with the doctor I like the doctor she was very thorough and patient about questions.Liz tape recorded the entire session. It was for an hour so I don’t know if we could even send that and I doubt anybody wants to listen to that long thing.I feel less scared. She is going to have me get an isotope scan. I will get the pill March 3 then I go for the scan March 4....after they look at that they will decide about a biopsy. She told me that the size is a concern but that most Thyroid nodes ( she called it a node) even if they’re cold (cold more likely cancer then hot) are not cancerous and that thyroid cancer is very slow growing and that many many bodies have thyroid cancer undetected because they died of something else. She thinks probably the node it is sending the extra thyroid so that is why I am sub clinical on the TSH. She is getting another antibody test it's more specific for the Graves' disease to totally rule that out. They’re looking to see if it’s hot to decide treatment.Something will have to be done to deal with my condition. If it’s not cancer, She would start with some kind of a pill and see how that worked but they have side effects. There's also the thought of just removing the growth as a permanent solution.But that’s down the road after these tests.

The irony is that my problem is a form of hyper Thyroid and I’m gaining weight ..... jeesh if I’m gonna be hyper at least I could be getting thinner ! .
Old 02-12-2020, 04:24 PM
Total Fan

PODMOM.......thank you for taking the time to share this information. I know so little about thyroid problems, that I am trusting that you are in the best care. Looks like March 3 will be an important date to go forward. I am so thankful Liz could go with you. We have discovered you have to have another person with you to take notes and listen to the diagnosis. It's hard to digest all of the information at once especially when it deals with your health.
Old 02-13-2020, 02:50 PM
Master Fan

Had no idea the thyroid was so complicated! And my Mrs Boss's brother-in-law is a thyroid doctor and I did some typing for him (but not for long). I've heard of people having thyroid nodules. Anyway, sorry you are going through this and glad Liz is with you to record it/keep notes.

It sounds like men with the prostate - a lot of them have prostate cancer and it never bothers them and they die of something else - but there's also the bad form that is dangerous and spreads and causes trouble, and the trick is figuring out which it is.

Well, diagnosis and evaluation sound like the first steps to figuring out what to do, and I'm glad the doctor is good - but darn the gaining weight thing! Nobody wants that (except Mr ML, who is trying to eat more and put weight back on he lost from not eating breakfast and going to the gym every day - men! )

The good thing, I think, is that it's in your neck/near the surface, so if it does need a surgery or biopsy, they don't have to go mucking around inside you too much. Prayers that the news is good!

The guy on Flip or Flop on HGTV had a thyroid thing diagnosed/pointed out by one of the viewers of his show! And he got it fixed and he's fine now (although he and his wife got divorced, and she married another guy and had a baby - but that wasn't his thyroid's fault)

Got the new floor estimate and it's way more than we expected - but then it's a lot of work too. Wish I was still spry enough to lay flooring, but I'm not. Plus my hands aren't that good for cutting things out either anymore (you have to cut around all the little corners and pipes and things). The floor people are super nice, a family business. I'm wondering how long I'll be without a kitchen, too - kind of a vital spot! Well, it won't be as bad as when we had the cabinets refaced/counters replaced and had to take EVERYTHING out of there. We did that, so this shouldn't be so bad (but this time we'll need to remove some of the appliances and the kitchen table etc).

Think it will be worth it. Our kitchen floor looks worse by the day.

Snowed here overnight and then turned to rain (again) and been raining all day and gloomy. Oh gosh, this week has been as gloomy as October was. I appreciate the above-freezing temps and lack of snow and ice, but it's been gloomy here.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 02-14-2020, 04:13 AM
Elite Fan

I’m sorry Podmom for your health issues. Thinking of you.

everyone. Hope you are all well.
Old 02-14-2020, 01:28 PM
Master Fan

Happy Valentine's Day!

Doing fine. Sent in a deposit for the new flooring, so I'm sure you'll be hearing my tales of woe of the kitchen being torn up, once that starts happening.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 02-14-2020, 02:28 PM
Total Fan

ML.........glad your flooring project will soon be underway. I'm sure there will be some frustrations along the way. But just remember, the finally project will be well worth it.
Old 02-14-2020, 06:22 PM
Elite Fan

Hope you girls are having a

Old 02-14-2020, 06:31 PM
Elite Fan

jeesh that was so big I came bacl for my post

Thanks so much for prayers.....I appreciate and need them

SO March 10th is when I see endocrinologist Dr for her to tell me what the scan says. That will be a scary day....I will have decisions to make.

I'm of course praying it isn't cancer and that if it is it hasn't spread beyond the thyroid...since it is large. I wish my GP had gotten it looked at ,at the first off blood test....that is a concern to me.

Anyway it is what it is and I feel Gods presence and that is always a comfort and hope. Plus glad we don't have socialized medicine yet because I am getting stuff done fast....I worry for my kids and grandkids if/when that happens.

ML Hope your floor gets done well and fast!

Ekua thanks for checking on me

Hope all is well with you keepsmiling
Old 02-14-2020, 07:08 PM
Total Fan

PODMOM........so March 10 will be the day of decisions. I am glad you will have family with you to support any decision you have to make. It's a very scary situation now and I wouldn't be surprised if you have a few sleepless nights.
Continued prayers coming your way and for the health professionals treating you.
Old 02-14-2020, 07:18 PM
Elite Fan

Thankyou keepsmiling I am feeling pretty calm given the situation...God is helping and all the prayers too I have sleeping pills...helpful
Old 02-15-2020, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

love the Valentine's gif!
Old 02-15-2020, 02:07 PM
Master Fan

Happy Valentine's (yesterday). DUH, Mr ML and I decided to go to lunch at Texas Roadhouse after the temple, forgetting (a) it's Saturday and (b) it's the day after Valentine's Day, people might be out celebrating. It was so packed we could barely get in the doorway, and we turned around and went home and ate lunch there! Being retired, we forget about weekends and avoiding going out then, with the crowds.

Wen is going to be getting her spinal procedures next week and the other side in March, and her swelling legs are acting up again too. I don't know how she bravely deals with all these chronic challenges.

I don't know why, but I firmly believe you will come through this all fine PodMom. Last line of last song we sing at the morning service - everyone sings it with enthusiasm because after it, we're DONE (lol), is "The Lord is with me, I'm not afraid."
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread