Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2014, 09:16 PM
Master Fan

Great news - The FF PTB have again decreed we get a post count break for Nov and Dec, what with all the holidays, shopping, travel, parties and Real Life Stuff we have to do!

Post counting will be suspended for the months of November and December due to the Holiday Season. This is something that we do every year. The post count results will still be posted, but if any boards average less than 15 posts a day, it won't be held against them.

(but they'll still be watching the boards for long periods of no activity/not enough posts)
Back in a jiffy with the October post count!

Ta-daa, our October post count! And big thanks to Podmom and everyone who made an extra effort to keep the Home Fires Burning and post while I went away end of October.

Jason Behr (912 | 29.42)

We are #144 in the list of 230 boards - but Roswell board is way at the bottom and in danger! We should go help them out!

Very good, considering our board is just below Daniel Radcliffe, and Scandal, and those are very popular! And above Downton Abbey, and has more posts than Harry Potter or American Idol or lots of popular things. Great great news! Better than September!

Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan

Last edited by MyrnaLynne; 11-14-2014 at 09:30 PM
Old 11-14-2014, 09:21 PM
Elite Fan

Yay Thank you MyrnaLynne, that's great news!!

How are we doing with post counts? Some days I don't think we get 15 posts....
Old 11-14-2014, 09:30 PM
Master Fan

Terrific conversation going on here - please continue!

Nice to see you Kwiki
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 11-14-2014, 10:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Hi ML!
Yes, this board seems to be hanging in there despite the complete lack of Jason.
Sorta sad about the Roswell board May have to stop by this weekend

"You find me offensive, I find you offensive for finding me offensive "
"Oh mercy, mercy me. Oh things ain't what they used to be no"
Old 11-15-2014, 04:51 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you ML for the great news about our board and the troubeling news about the Roswell board if there hadn't been the split off to Media B that board would be ok I for sure will head over there and help out!!

so back briefly to the discussion on the last pg...

kwiki so you are only 3 years younger than my daughter Emily and 11 would have been a fun age to watch Roswell. It was a sweet show and not overly sexual like most shows today Sounds like JAson might have been your first crush
Old 11-15-2014, 09:11 AM
Total Fan

Thanks ML........for the news regarding the post counts.
And, I'll try to make a better effort to help out Roswell. I love going there to get news of Shiri, Brendan, Colin and MD.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:36 PM
Elite Fan

I went over there and posted up a storm and asked if they needed help and Ros 10 said they were doing ok but I'm gonna try to get over there more often anyway.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:25 AM
Elite Fan

Yay us!! Well done everyone! Amazing considering how quiet Mr Behr has been!!
Old 11-20-2014, 06:26 AM
Master Fan

My daughter started watching Roswell with me, but when I got so totally fannish and obsessed with it, it kind of backfired and then she didn't want to watch it anymore! Oh well, it gave me a lot of joy (and fun, and adventure, and friends, and travel)

Yes the split up from Fanforum with another board being created did divide the posting fans to different places. It is amazing how well we do, considering the almost complete absence of Mr. Behr the past year or so..

Ekua I don't know if the post count is an average for the month - I can't imagine somebody comes by and counts every post, every day!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 11-20-2014, 06:29 PM
Elite Fan

I hope not!!

I think there's some way to see how many posts people have made per month, so I think there will be a way to see how many posts are made in any board per month
Old 11-24-2014, 12:47 PM
Master Fan

This post thread has been lacking our mascot, Grumpy Cat. Here I am with my Grumpy Cat shirt, singing in the chorus on our trip.

Lady next to me was so nice (can you believe she's 65!?). There was a lady from Scotland in the chorus too. About 20 people got together and learned this song from 'Rent' and sang it in a show on the cruise.

Some woman admired my shirt - thought it was a picture of my cat, and I'd made a shirt with a picture of my cat on it!

I explained it was an internet 'thing' and that the cat had made a fortune for her lucky owners. There's a Grumpy Cat Christmas special coming on TV this year! (I know you don't like her, Ekua) sorry!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 11-24-2014, 05:01 PM
Total Fan

Hey ML.......bet you did cause a stir with the crumpy cat t-shirt. I thought of you when I saw the ad for the TV show coming up. Fun, fun that you participated in the cruise talent show.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:40 AM
Elite Fan

ML how fun to see you in your T shirt singing in the ship chorus. I would have loved to have sung in a chorus again. Since it has been since I was 17 I might be a little rusty
Old 11-25-2014, 06:14 AM
Elite Fan

Ahhh MyranLynne I love it! You look fab

Grumpy Cat doesn't annoy me that much
Old 11-25-2014, 06:22 AM
Master Fan

Thanks! It was a bigger time commitment that I realized - I thought we were just getting together to sing for fun the one day (when they listed 'guest choir'), and then it was a bunch of rehearsals (that conflicted with other activities I would have done) and we ended up being in 2 different shows (first the talent show, because not enough people signed up for it, and then a variety show toward the end of the trip). It was a lot. Two of the (cute young) professional singers from their shows (the two 'second lead' singers; the other two top/lead singers don't have to do any other work on the ship but be singers - everybody else who works on the ship has to do all sorts of things - star status!) taught the choir, and the accompanist was this Russian concert pianist gal, who played with two violin girls in a trio on the ship too. That was pretty cool, and so many really good (lol, loud) singers from choirs and shows and whatever among the guests too. It was fun! La-la-la! I really need to get out among people and sing again some time.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread