Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2014, 04:28 PM
Total Fan

PODMOM........I love your hippie picture!
What an adventure.........
Do you have anymore surprises for us??
Old 11-07-2014, 05:20 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks keepsmiling you are to kind. Oh not too many I can tell that pic and this next one are from a trip cross country I took that lasted several months.... this is in California,,,,same trip. I have so few pictures of myself....my parents were so self absorbed ...cause I did a lot in high school ....lead in the senior class play...in an awesome choir and we cut a record and that got thrown out ....I was a majorette in a beauty pageant and do I have pictures...no pictures or movies and they had a movie camera cause there are lots of big brother playing football and of the big storm in 62 but none of me I guess you can tell it still bugs me

ok that other pic...poor ML she's seen both of these

Last edited by podmom; 11-07-2014 at 06:18 PM
Old 11-07-2014, 07:09 PM
Total Fan

PODMOM........I bet you have lots of stories to tell with all of your activities.
I was an only child so didn't have a brother to aggravate me. Where was the picture taken in CA? I love all of the west coast........from Coronado Island all the way up to Washington State.

Sometime you must share some of your hippie stories. I grew up in the fifties.......graduated high school and college, married in the fifties had my first son in the fifties.........so you're looking at June Clever here.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:27 PM
Elite Fan

Hi June I love those stories too Did you like Elvis? Remember how glad we were when panty hose came on and we could get rid of the little girdle things or the garter belts and feminine products improved a lot too . Remember petty pants? Cloths are so much more comfortable now! When I was in high school we couldn't wear pants till the second half of senior year then only slacks no blue jeans. So I was kind of the generation that things changed FAST..... one minute we were wearing mini skirts and then we were in worn out jeans and no bra and lots of pot smoking everywhere all the time. Lots of that time was fun with natural food cooking and bread making etc and all the being a vegetarian and food coops and on and on in the natural thing... and some wasn't great...stupid choices.... but hey learned life lessons.

That was the Golden Gate bridge and San Francisco in the background in that pic
Old 11-08-2014, 08:57 PM
Elite Fan

June Clever?

Podmom your pictures are fab! You look great I love hearing your stories. Sounds like you were very busy growing up!
Old 11-09-2014, 05:56 AM
Elite Fan

our little Ekua you were far from alive when June was around she was the mother of "the beaver" I know that name shows how innocent those days were....on a show called Leave it to Beaver. I guess it was on in the late 50s early 60s It was very popular and is still on ...on the old TV shows channel

here she is.....

Old 11-09-2014, 04:23 PM
Total Fan

Thanks PODMOM for the June Clever explanation..... I forget everyone isn't as old as I am!

We were way before the hippie generation........and my kids laugh, to this date I have never had my ears pierced..........because growing up nice girls did not do that. In my day you would have been considered to be a "fast" girl........so I'm still nice.
Old 11-09-2014, 06:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Lol, I believe I may be younger than Ekua, but I definitely know who June Clever is
That show was kind of creepy though, a little too perfect...
I think if could I would like to go back to the seventies...plenty of good music to listen to!

"You find me offensive, I find you offensive for finding me offensive "
"Oh mercy, mercy me. Oh things ain't what they used to be no"

Last edited by Kwikimart727; 11-09-2014 at 06:44 PM
Old 11-10-2014, 04:29 AM
Elite Fan

What age bracket are you in?

Maybe it was an American thing? It might not have aired in the UK
Old 11-10-2014, 06:39 AM
Elite Fan

kwiki It was that kind of too perfect show that must have inspired PLeasantville ( which Jason had a bit part in) I will say one thing for the old shows they modeled honor, truth and morals and we need some of that on TV today! BUt not those cloths I need my stretch cotton and sneakers

Yes I agree my generations music was really good. I think Big Band music was great and MoTown and our Rock. I like some music today for sure but much is very very predictable and without much expertise with instruments. I do really enjoy some pps though I don't listen to oldies cause I heard them to death I listen to new stuff that I like

Favs at this point are BRits Ekua Mumford and Sons and Laura MArling.....although they do harken back to folk from my age probably why I like them but I love their inspiring lyrics
Old 11-10-2014, 08:16 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekua (View Post)
What age bracket are you in?

Maybe it was an American thing? It might not have aired in the UK
I just turned 26
But us know I thought about that too, maybe it wasn't quite as popular in the UK as it was I. The US. I used to love watching old shows as a kid, my faves were 70's shows like Three's company and Laverne and Shirley. But I also enjoyed older shows like I love lucy, the Honeymooners and the Munsters.
It's true, though despite the creep factor, shows like Leave it to Beaver and Father knows best did have a sense of morals, that yes we definitely need a bit of in today's television.

Old 11-11-2014, 07:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwikimart727 (View Post)
I just turned 26
But us know I thought about that too, maybe it wasn't quite as popular in the UK as it was I. The US. I used to love watching old shows as a kid, my faves were 70's shows like Three's company and Laverne and Shirley. But I also enjoyed older shows like I love lucy, the Honeymooners and the Munsters.
It's true, though despite the creep factor, shows like Leave it to Beaver and Father knows best did have a sense of morals, that yes we definitely need a bit of in today's television.
kwiki I think you might be an old soul 26 is such a great age!! How did you come to Jason's board? Did you watch Roswell when you were little? On reruns on sci fi? Or maybe not at all My daughter Emily that turned me onto Roswell is 28 so you would have been maybe 7th grade when it was on.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:31 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, I started watching Roswell when it premiered back in 1999. That was the first time I'd ever seen Jason and at the time I was 11 years old(well I turned 11 two weeks after its premiere . By the time roswell ended I was graduating middle school. Man I spent slot of time on fan sites back then, like crashdown and I recall printing pics of Jason in the school library Alienencounters was also one of my faves, I remember uncle kracker "follow me" used to play when you opened the home page good memories. I was on media Blvd for a while (that was during Roswell's series run) and I think my username was mm2k4 or something like that(been so long I can't remember). Then I came to fanforum in 2003 and pretty sure my username was similar to the one I had on media Blvd. I stayed for a bit, but I didn't post a lot so I decided to start a career in lurking. In 2008 I decided to make a career change and began posting once again

Last edited by Kwikimart727; 11-11-2014 at 10:40 AM
Old 11-11-2014, 05:44 PM
Elite Fan

I haven't heard of any of those shows Kwikimart727 I guess they didn't make it to the UK.

Very nice to see you posting here again
Old 11-12-2014, 06:09 PM
Elite Fan

kwiki I love the way you speak! " I decided to start a career in lurking" that gave me such a laugh thanks you are a wee bit younger than my Emily then ( I have 2 daughters Emily 28 Elizabeth 34) so I love hearing what you have to say I was on Media Blvd too for quite a while. I was podmom there too..........just as anside....my Elizabeth gave me that moniker because when I started on FF I didn't know how to use the computer...yes I am ancient and she signed me up to FF and gave me that name. I don't know what I would have come up with myself but I could have pretended to not be so old but it does fit me cause mom and grandmom are my most important rolls

kwiki what shows are you into these days? I kind of heard of the aliens show but I missed that...even though I love aliens