Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2021, 04:40 AM
Elite Fan

Behr Cave #2 - Share anything your heart desires. Off topic discussion.

Hey all

Can you beleive it's nearly Halloween.

Old 10-29-2021, 02:05 PM
Master Fan

My kids are bouncing off the walls and sugared up already and Halloween is still two days away!!!!
Old 10-29-2021, 06:27 PM
Elite Fan

I can believe it’s almost Halloween because I’ve been eating Halloween candy for a couple weeks now. Bought it early because of the fear of empty shelves and I’ve been enjoying it I need to get a grip!

So it’s just been one medical thing after another with me of late. I had to get Hand surgery a few days ago so my right hand is a bit unusable so I am talk texting at the moment. Get my stitches out next week. Then don’t have to take a shower with a baggie on my hand. 👍

I’m making up on doctors and dentist appointments I’ve been putting off. Needed to get them over with so that’s coming this week after I leave Emily‘s where I have been for a few days. So wonderful to see Margot and Sloan and Emily but bitter sweet because it’s hard to leave and know it will be several weeks before I see them again although this time it will be relatively soon because of Thanksgiving. Believe me I know I am so fortunate to have kids within driving distance but I can’t help missing them.

I had to turn down a wedding invitation, I might’ve mentioned that here, because of Covid and I’m glad I did because Emily and her college and high school friends were all invited to a wedding. Emily chose not to go because of Covid and just having this baby which would be a pain to take to wedding and it turned out to be a bit of a super spreader. Everyone was vaccinated I am knowing of more and more breakthrough cases unfortunately.

I hope you guys are all doing well.
Old 10-30-2021, 01:48 AM
Elite Fan

Oh no Podmom I am so sorry for all your medical problems. I hope that is the end of it for you for a long time!!

Being vaccinated doesn't mean you can't get Covid though, it just means you are much less likely to have severe symptoms or die from it. It's something like 99% of people dying are those unvaccinated. If only people would get the vaccine we could all go back to relative normality

Exciting news - I booked flights home for Christmas!! I can't wait. It will be 2 years since the last time I was home....I am beyond excited!

Hope everyone has a lovely Halloween weekend! Going to a friends house party....still curfew and alcohol ban here madness!

Although it all ends on Monday
Old 10-31-2021, 06:17 PM
Master Fan

Happy dance for flights home for Christmas Ekua!!! I haven’t seen my brother and his family since dec 2019 so I am hoping to see him this year for the holidays too!

Halloween is in the books…..so much fun and so much candy! Glad to see the kids outside and being normal for a change!!
Old 11-01-2021, 04:49 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you JJ! I hope you get to see your family soon too. Everything crossed!

Also back at school in person!! So happy. But, those who don't want to come in don't have too..we have to do a live stream in the classroom during lesson input....which in my class (5 year olds) is 10 mins on the carpet then playing and group work. I might randomly play a game, sing a song etc...

It's going to be awful for those at home - but we want it bad so they'll come back...ugh it just never ends.
Old 11-04-2021, 01:26 PM
Master Fan

Well, my kitten almost killed me on Halloween.

I was handing out candies and she was heading for the door and I don't what happened but i was down on the ground with my ankle badly swollen and i accidentally stepped on her tail! Lovely.

Been going to Chiro for my back and now i've messed up my ankle and have to focus on that before going back to my back.

Oh Podmom, here i am complaining about my ankle and back and you've just had surgery! My goodness hope you heal quickly! We need those fingers to keep posting.

YAY!!! Ekua I'm so glad you're going home!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm Aubrey
Old 11-04-2021, 02:53 PM
Master Fan

Oh no Aubie about falling over the new cat and getting so hurt! That's cats, always secretly plotting our demise.

Hope you are on the mend!

I'm so glad Podmom that you and Emily opted out of the 'superspreader' wedding! We went to a wedding Oct 16 in Maine and nobody in Maine (or at the wedding) was wearing masks and I was sure everybody would be sick after they got home but so far, everyone was okay! I got my booster shot last week, Mlette got hers this week, and Mr ML gets his Monday, I got the flu shot too, just in case!

We had almost no trick or treaters for Halloween - maybe 3 or 4 - despite my door being all decorated and my porch lit up and decorated - nope, they just passed by. I felt like the wallflower at the dance. And now I'm stuck with 3 bags of candy. I may not bother next year; maybe we'll go over to Mlette's house and help them hand out candy.

I whipped down all the Halloween decor Nov 1, and have the bag of Thanksgiving things out and ready to hang up.

Changing clocks back an hour this weekend, always a pain, and then it will be dark around 4:30 pm - Very depressing.

Ekua You're back to in-person teaching! That's wonderful! So complicated, this pandemic teaching stuff.

I don't know what's getting into people, but kids here are brawling in the schools - a 16 year old girl just put her school principal in the hospital (she punched her in the face)! People have just gone crazy.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 11-05-2021, 06:05 AM
Elite Fan

All my kids came back - yay!!! It has been an exhasuting but such a fun week! They are an adorable wee bunch!

Oh no Aubie i'm sorry - I hope you are doing okay?!

Aww MyrnaLynne that is rubbish but more candy for you! Enjoy it

5th November - Bonfire Night in the UK!
Old 11-05-2021, 01:18 PM
Master Fan

Omg ML, that's awful about the student!! Is it really getting worst out there with kids? We notice it here at our trade school...the students feel more entitled to things. But glad you have 3 bags of candies though! I wish our Thanksgiving was in November, I hate having to share it with Halloween in October, just seems wrong.

I didn't know this week as Diwali, I started hearing fireworks and i was like what is happening? Anyway, nice to see different celebrations.

I'm Aubrey
Old 11-05-2021, 08:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Coming out of the wood work to post here! It has been forever but if I can do anything to not see this board close I will do it.

You guys are the best!

Hope everyone is well! Stop on by the Roswell board as well! Love you all!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 11-06-2021, 05:44 PM
Master Fan

Love back at you, for the Roswell Board!

Yes, Diwali, the other 'Festival of Lights.' Well,aubie it was smart of the people in Canada to move Thanksgiving a month (or more) earlier, so people could travel and visit family without worrying about s-n-o-w.

People are all so entitled and have zero empathy/consideration for others - I don't know if it's an effect of being locked down for the pandemic and forgetting how to interact with people or.. people have just gotten a whole lot nastier. You're afraid to honk at another car these days, for fear the other driver has a gun and will take offense and shoot you!

Yay Ekua the kids are back! It must be a relief (but also overwhelming).
Hugs!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan

Last edited by MyrnaLynne; 11-08-2021 at 05:07 PM
Old 11-08-2021, 05:01 AM
Elite Fan

Aww hey Roswell!! Lovely to see you here

Diwali is such a lovely festival! I'm teaching my kids about it at the moment. We are making Rangoli patterns, dancing, making tealights from clay....fun things!

Yes agree about people being entitled. And taking no responsibility anymore - everything is always the fault of someone else.
Old 11-08-2021, 01:38 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, my neighbour celebrates Diwali and they have these pretty lanterns outside their door. And they lit some candles outside and left the door open! It was cold last week. I was too nervous to pop in and say hi.

Ugh I was surprised they didn't get vandalized, because sometimes our neighbourhood could be pretty nasty.

I'm Aubrey
Old 11-08-2021, 05:09 PM
Master Fan

I can't say I know anybody celebrating Diwali, although I know there are lots of Indian doctors, students, etc in the area. It's nice to learn about other cultures!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread