Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2021, 05:41 AM
Elite Fan

Definitely. This time of the year I usually do celebrations with my class - Halloween, Bonfire Night, Diwali, Hanukkah and then Christmas. Always so fun!
Old 11-09-2021, 06:36 AM
Elite Fan

Hey, everyone!
| Icon by MyLastDayWithoutYou |
Old 11-09-2021, 02:32 PM
Master Fan

Hi

I'm Aubrey
Old 11-10-2021, 03:18 AM
Elite Fan

How are you doing?
Old 11-10-2021, 09:01 AM
Master Fan

I'm doing well! How are you?

I'm Aubrey
Old 11-11-2021, 01:27 AM
Elite Fan

I'm alright. Coming down with the flu
Old 11-11-2021, 05:43 AM
Master Fan

Oh no! Feel better! Drink lots of fluid and mmm chicken noodle soups.

I'm Aubrey
Old 11-11-2021, 05:56 AM
Elite Fan

Hey Pempees, so lovely to see you here! Hope you feel better soon!

Sorry I haven't been here for a day or so...crazy life! One of my flights got cancelled (I can't fly direct to Scotland) so that was a nightmare sorting that out....I sent some money to my UK account which went 'missing' and my bank in UK and bank here were blaming each other (sorted now though thankfully) and I got my booster shot of moderna and felt to ill....and I honestly never get sick (like last time 10 years ago maybe) and I could barely move my arm. So been very stressed and had a bit of a meltdown.

But all good now.
Old 11-11-2021, 05:37 PM
Master Fan

Oh Ekua that sounds like a bunch of 'nightmare' experiences! I hope you feel better, the money turns up, the planes got sorted.

Mr ML got his booster and he felt ill too (Moderna); I felt fine after mine, and Mlette felt fine after her Pfizer booster too. You just never know how these things will hit people. As we like to say - better than having Covid!

Well now Mlette's future mother-in-law is coming for Thanksgiving (the Dad is taking his bizarre but traditional hunting trip on Thanksgiving - antisocial much?) so I have to clean the house a whole lot more than usual (she's never been over here to see our mess). I invited Barbara across the street, who hasn't been coming over since COVID (although I had a birthday party for her last March, but that was it). She was mad at us anyway, since Mr ML suggested she should consider moving to an assisted living place. She took offense. Well, she needs to get some sort of help (that isn't calling us for everything).
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 11-14-2021, 06:08 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you MyrnaLynne. I'm a constant stress head right now.

That's a bit strange about the father in law but each to their own I guess!
Old 11-14-2021, 03:20 PM
Master Fan

It would make sense if he went hunting for a turkey, and they ate it at Thanksgiving but... noooo!

I guess Barbara has roped our neighbor down the street into going shopping for her (instead of us) - good to know!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 11-14-2021, 07:04 PM
Elite Fan

ML You made me smile with the make sense if he hunted turkey comment that would make sense otherwise strange but I guess they are ok with it. You needed a break from Barbara anyway but hopefully all is mended at Thanksgiving. I know all your food will be amazing as always!

Ekua Goodness you have had a lot to deal with so natural to be tense to say the least. Very glad you got it all sorted out and have the fun holidays to do with your kids. I'm so happy for you and your mom and family that finally you get to go home

Great to see Pempees and aubie on the board

Hi JJ as always thanks to all you and Ekua are doing to keep JBs board going

I talked a bit about my excuses for being MIA on the JOF thread but I have been busy but I know everyone is. I will just blame this new lap top
Old 11-16-2021, 04:11 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you Podmom. I am trying not to stress about it all...pre covid tests....things changing here suddenly....more flights cancelled etc etc...I still haven't gotten my money back. I am making myself ill with the anxiety of it all.
Old 11-16-2021, 09:17 PM
Master Fan

Sorry you are going through SO much stress Ekua, travel is hard enough without all these worries and snafus!

Podmom the only way I can use my laptop (for any amount of typing beyond a few words) is with a wireless mouse and wireless keyboard I got to go with it! Which kind of defeats the purpose of a laptop, I know, having a big keyboard, but hey - works for me! I am using my laptop a lot more now, because it has the camera/ microphone on it so we use it to Zoom with. I was very leery of a camera on my desktop computer, so my monitor doesn't have one - but that was pre-COVID.

My Dad and Uncle used to Skype with each other every Sunday; my cousin tried to convince me to get a camera and join them but I didn't like the idea one bit. Oh well, times change, ideas change.

Yes, thanks for all our Mods do and other FF folks to keep our board alive.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 11-17-2021, 04:00 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you MyrnaLynne I finally got my money back....and my vaccine has been approved in the UK so I don't need to quarantine....feeling a bit better now! Put my Christmas tree up in my classroom....starting to allow myself to feel a bit excited now!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread