Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2019, 09:37 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I couldn't do nights like that, there's no way. I couldn't live my life in the dark.

Christmas Vacation is an absolute classic, we watch it every Thanksgiving.
Old 11-16-2019, 10:55 AM
New Fan

I don't know if I could or not.

I guess We have a new movie to check out for the holidays.

Have you guys seen the clips posted of different scenes from 21 on YT?
Old 11-16-2019, 12:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I thought I'd posted it but I guess I just posted the one, there are two Taylor clips in here.

Old 11-17-2019, 02:57 PM
Master Fan

I've seen all of the Vacation movies, just not the Christmas one. I've seen bits and pieces though.

I think Taylor looks so hot in this movie! I'm digging the hair. But I have to say that I can totally tell that it's shot in Philly and not NY. The buildings are much smaller and the roads much narrower. I hope that doesn't bother me throughout the movie.

I'm not going to waste a personal day for the 30 min Build Series on Wednesday. I haven't had a chance yet to look for screenings either. Is the 22nd next weekend already? Geez.

DaisyGirl -Did you know there was a 5 part special about the Preppy Murder on AMC last week? I had no idea. I started watching it last. I was so fascinated by it because I wanted nothing more than to live in the city when I was younger. That whole world fascinated me, minus the murder of course. Seeing him again now, he looks a lot like my niece's boyfriend. Freaking me out a bit.
Old 11-17-2019, 03:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
DaisyGirl -Did you know there was a 5 part special about the Preppy Murder on AMC last week? I had no idea. I started watching it last. I was so fascinated by it because I wanted nothing more than to live in the city when I was younger. That whole world fascinated me, minus the murder of course. Seeing him again now, he looks a lot like my niece's boyfriend. Freaking me out a bit.
I did know about that show but haven't watched it yet - I recorded it for later. Good to hear that its good.

I haven't really been watching a lot lately - very busy which is always good - but I am looking forward to The Crown (which I noticed was released today on Netflix).
Old 11-17-2019, 04:02 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Old 11-18-2019, 07:36 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The embargo has been lifted and reviews are being posted this morning. The hope that the strong reviews would help at the box office probably aren’t going to happen. The reviews are just middle of the road, most say great cast but other than that the story is middling and predictable. No real mention of Taylor in reviews, Stephan is mentioned more often than not as the standout.

The opening weekend predictions are coming in at around 9 million, which is not good.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:43 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
The embargo has been lifted and reviews are being posted this morning. The hope that the strong reviews would help at the box office probably aren’t going to happen. The reviews are just middle of the road, most say great cast but other than that the story is middling and predictable. No real mention of Taylor in reviews, Stephan is mentioned more often than not as the standout.

The opening weekend predictions are coming in at around 9 million, which is not good.
I kinda think we all knew this but I think in the end it will be okay. Taylor is not top billed, he seems to say he had a good time making it (and has made another good impression in a so-so film). I would be more worried if these were reviews for Shadowplay or Inferno.

I will definitely go and see it despite the reviews.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:54 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Most reviews say it's a solid movie that just kind of doesn't do much with a story that could have gone deeper, but with the run time and the premise, you're right, I think we all knew this was coming.

And as Kiki mentioned, I think it's brought up quite a few times in reviews that it's obvious it wasn't filmed in New York and that the city landscape is underused and should have been a larger character in the film considering its premise is that you're essentially shutting down the island.

EW eviscerated it, AV Club gave it a positive review. It's going to be one of those that's kind of middle of the road that audiences might genuinely enjoy.

Quote:
The gunmen are former Marines. Taylor Kitsch plays the more maniacal of the two, Ray, who is largely responsible for the casualties. Ray still earns some empathy despite his body count thanks to an easy-to-overlook performance from Kitsch, who has always been a high-calibre character actor fizzling out in movies that flop.
https://nowtoronto.com/movies/review...stephan-james/

https://ew.com/movie-reviews/2019/11...oseman-review/

https://www.thewrap.com/21-bridges-f...sienna-miller/

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/re...medium=twitter

https://film.avclub.com/chadwick-bos...ith-1839892581
Old 11-18-2019, 06:17 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Maybe the audiences will love it...
Old 11-18-2019, 08:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think audiences will probably favor it. Honestly, any of those old school cop movies that this movie is trying to emulate are released today and they'd probably be called generic too.

Old 11-19-2019, 12:21 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

They did another photocall today in New York. Taylor looks much more put together, thank goodness. Though I think it's funny Chadwick has gone through like three looks today already and Sienna is on her second. He'd probably wear the same thing to the premiere if he had the choice.

Old 11-19-2019, 01:42 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm sure he drives his stylist mad. He's still in a black t-shirt. The suit looks good.
Old 11-19-2019, 07:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The reviews are still just 'meh' but that's how they're going to stay. I at least figure it'll be an entertaining, quick movie. I just hate having to go and stand for an hour and a half before seeing it tomorrow.
Old 11-19-2019, 07:18 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
The reviews are still just 'meh' but that's how they're going to stay. I at least figure it'll be an entertaining, quick movie. I just hate having to go and stand for an hour and a half before seeing it tomorrow.
I'm not looking forward to that at all.