Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2019, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Why even offer tickets if they can't guarantee that you're in? It seems ridiculous.

I hope that Taylor does the radio rounds next week since he doesn't seem to be doing TV, whether he does Sirius, or I'd love if he went to Barstool. He would be the castmember to do it.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:51 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Kiki that would be so fun! How do you get tickets?
Old 11-14-2019, 07:43 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I managed to get into the November 20th screening, so yay for that.

Here are a few more interviews.

Old 11-14-2019, 01:49 PM
Loyal Fan

I think I'm going to see a showing on Thursday night that week...
Old 11-14-2019, 03:00 PM
New Fan

I may be able to attend a Thursday night screening! I'm so excited to hopefully be able to treat myself a little.
Old 11-14-2019, 03:32 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

My only beef with the early screenings is that generally they overbook the theaters and media is there from local outlets to review, so you have to show up early to guarantee you're in.

Finally a question that isn't directly related to 21 Bridges, he's going "Griswold" again at his house this year, but also heading home to Canada too.

Also, first review without spoilers. I never get my hopes up with early reviews, but also happy to hear that he really liked it and points out Taylor as one of the standouts, but our fear that they don't go far enough into Taylor and Stephan's character's backgrounds seems to be confirmed.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 11-14-2019 at 05:55 PM
Old 11-14-2019, 06:51 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I’m not sure how early I should plan to be there.

Going Griswold better get on IG. I wanna see! I love that he’s going home. That’s probably why he did the ACC early...
Old 11-14-2019, 10:33 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It was odd to hear him say Griswold...

I was hoping that maybe some of the cast would join Chadwick on James Cordon but Taylor wasn’t included, Sienna and Stephan will be on with Chadwick.
Old 11-15-2019, 11:00 AM
New Fan

I honestly had to google search the word Griswold, because I had no idea what he was talking about.

I'm not sure how early I'd have to get there either Since there's a theater-like 30 mins away from me. Maybe an hour and a half? Maybe 2 hours? I'm not sure how much press we'd get here for it.

Does he not do the American Thanksgiving? xD I was kinda shocked that she went straight to asking what he's gonna do for Christmas, without asking what he'd do for Thanksgiving first.
Old 11-15-2019, 11:11 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Griswold is the last name of the main character/family in Christmas Vacation. Also who my dog is named after, Griswold a/k/a Griz a/k/a Grizzy.

I got there at around 5 for a 7 o'clock screening for American Assassin and I was within the first 15 people in...I just wanted to make sure that I got in but there was no issue. I'm pretty sure everyone that showed up for the screening got in but I would say probably an hour early, at least, just to be sure.

Since it was a Canadian outlet and she was talking to two Canadians they probably didn't even think about asking about an American holiday. He celebrates American Thanksgiving with his Texas friends/girlfriend. He was with Jennifer's family last year (that's where that picture of them with her dog came from).
Old 11-15-2019, 02:38 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Griswold is the last name of the main character/family in Christmas Vacation. Also who my dog is named after, Griswold a/k/a Griz a/k/a Grizzy.

I got there at around 5 for a 7 o'clock screening for American Assassin and I was within the first 15 people in...I just wanted to make sure that I got in but there was no issue. I'm pretty sure everyone that showed up for the screening got in but I would say probably an hour early, at least, just to be sure.

Since it was a Canadian outlet and she was talking to two Canadians they probably didn't even think about asking about an American holiday. He celebrates American Thanksgiving with his Texas friends/girlfriend. He was with Jennifer's family last year (that's where that picture of them with her dog came from).
Gotcha. I just never watch the National Lampoon movies so I was stumped cute name for your Pupper though! My mom had a Sheltie back in the day by the name Griz!

I might make it an hour and half just to be safe, cause I'm not sure what the traffics gonna be like. Sometimes it's okay sometimes not, but thank you for the advice!

Very true, I was asking myself 'What about Thanksgiving...' But like you said because it was a Canadian outlet and Three (Or Two depending how you look at it.) Canadians it would make sense to talk about Christmas since Canadas technically had there Thanksgiving already.
Old 11-15-2019, 04:07 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think most non Americans are kind of forced to celebrate Thanksgiving, but who would really want to pass up eating turkey and watching football all day.

All the Vacation movies are hilarious but Christmas Vacation is just ridiculous, part of the plot is the absolute overdecorating of his house, so that's what Taylor meant by going Griswold.
Old 11-15-2019, 05:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Night Filming Put Actors to the Test in Cop Drama '21 Bridges'

There are no zombies in the new cop thriller 21 Bridges, but Taylor Kitsch felt like he could have played one of the undead.

The Canadian-born actor, best known for his breakthrough role as a high school quarterback in the gridiron drama Friday Night Lights, stars alongside Chadwick Boseman, J.K. Simmons and Sienna Miller in director Brian Kirk's new crime drama.

Taking place over one chaotic night in New York City, the film follows embattled NYPD Detective Andre Davis (Boseman) as he is thrust into a citywide manhunt for two cop killers.

That meant weeks of shooting at night, both on the streets of New York and Philadelphia, for the cast and crew.

"No joke, you start to get into zombie mode at 4:30 in the morning," Kitsch says, "Then they go 'All right we're going to do that dialogue scene at 5:30 a.m.' and your brain is trying to compute.

"You go to bed around 8 a.m., get up at 2 p.m., try to get in a work out to wake your body up. Then you go to set around 4 p.m., go through wardrobe. The second it hits night time you'er shooting, so from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m.. Even on your off days you don't want to get off the program, and you do that for seven weeks.

"But I love that tone of everything at night. It just really helps the process."

The film is named after the 21 bridges that have to be closed to seal off the island of Manhattan for the manhunt.

Trying to avoid the searchlights and cross hairs is Kitsch's character Ray, a former military man who turns to crime. When he and his sidekick Michael (If Beale Street Could Talk's Stephan James), the younger brother of his best friend killed in Afghanistan, stumble across 300kg of pure cocaine, they think they've struck gold.

But when a handful of cops interrupt the robbery, the men must shoot their way out of the situation and are forced to go on the run.

"That relationship with Stephan's character is the anchor of Ray," says Kitsch.

"The loyalty and how far he'll go to honor that is obviously as far as it takes. He's come from absolutely nothing, living in the Bronx and going and serving and losing his best friend, Stephan's brother, so he's carrying that guilt and trying to stay sober. When you get to that last point (of being surrounded by the cops), violence is the first and last thing you're going to use to react to these circumstances. You try to infuse that humanity as much as you can (into the performance), otherwise it's cliche and boring to watch. There's a lot of reprehensible stuff he's doing, but you sort of awkwardly feel for Ray.

"Michael has way more of a moral compass than Ray. I love the dichotomy there and that they argue."

Detective Davis's pursuit of the criminals soon uncovers a much wider conspiracy, which has the experienced investigator wondering who he is hunting and who is actually hunting him.

"I grew up with movies like Heath and Mean Streets and Fugitive, and all these sorts of movies just don't really get made any more," Kitsch says. "To me that is a ****ing sad thing. When this came it was a grounded cop thriller with a cool twist. I love that sort of stuff and to play Ray was a no brainer.

"The beauty of Ray is he could really do anything and you'd understand it. He's the wild card of the whole thing. He's very unpredictable and to root yourself in that is a lot of fun."
Old 11-15-2019, 11:00 PM
New Fan

Honestly, I have to agree. I feel like they feel that they /Have/ to celebrate it, just because they live in America. I can't relate to the Turkey thing though, I haven't eaten turkey for Thanksgiving for the past 3 years. Honest to god kinda miss it.

Now I really wish it would end up on Insta that would be fascinating to see, but I may have to check out the movies now. *taps chin* been looking for some new Christmas movies.

Oh jeez, that schedule sounds brutal, and that's coming from someone who's Insomniac off and on, At the sametime I can also agree with him that it feels like a good cop movie isn't being made anymore. It seems like their all Cliche somewhere along the line... Hit the nail on the head again only this time coming from him, that you can't help but Feel for Ray because he really is trying to do what I think, He thinks would be the right thing especially when put in that kind of position that violence is all he knows and hes already lost one person he doesn't want to lose another.
Old 11-16-2019, 12:09 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Christmas Vacation is a classic. It’s usually the first Christmas movie we watch each season.

It had to be awful to flip your body clock like that.