Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2020, 02:18 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think he likes playing characters that die.
Old 02-20-2020, 01:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Full article and pictures in the Shadowplay thread.
Old 04-22-2020, 05:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Taylor shares a message to fellow Canadians.

Old 04-22-2020, 10:08 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Not his real home?!?

What is he wearing? His hair must be super scary.
Old 04-23-2020, 07:12 AM
Loyal Fan

The hood is definitely hiding something up there.

Also, the way he says pan"dam"ic is kinda cute. I wonder if that's a Canadian thing???

PS I doubt he's self-isolating...

Last edited by DaisyGirl14; 04-23-2020 at 07:46 AM
Old 04-23-2020, 10:54 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The hair must be in rough/transition phase.

I kind of doubt he's completely self-isolating too. Not that I think he's out being irresponsible. But it would be a surprise to me if he didn't have a friend there every once in awhile or Jen with him.
Old 04-23-2020, 02:58 PM
Master Fan

Did we ever determine if Jen lives there? She out working right now. Hopefully using precautions.
Old 04-23-2020, 03:02 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I don’t think he’s much for following the rules in this instance. I would say he’s not alone.
Old 04-23-2020, 03:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

No, I don't think Jen lives with him full time with him being away so often.

I think that as this goes on longer and longer it's hard to distinguish what is reasonable and what isn't. I want my friend who has been self quarantining too to come and stay with me while she's furloughed, but both of us have been out in public at the grocery store so technically either of us could still be "at risk". There's no way to be completely protected unless you're just alone.
Old 04-23-2020, 05:29 PM
Master Fan

I don't count the grocery store if you wore a mask and took all precautions.
Old 04-23-2020, 07:25 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I went to the post office today. I made my parents and aunt masks. I needed to mail them and I knew it would take more than one stamp. They were limiting the number of ppl. Went to the bank and that was drive through only. Three weeks ago they were disinfecting each tube after every customer. Today there was a sticker on it that says germ resistant. Hmmm...really? Travis county, which is a large part of Austin, is masks required. Williamson county is recommended, not required.

The kids and I have noticed that as the weeks have passed, more and more people are on the roads and in the stores. I think the weather makes ppl want to get out and not stay home. I don’t know if there’s any boating allowed. I would think Taylor would get out on the water for a change of scenery. Do we think he has a mask? He has to at least have a bandana to get in the store. Think he’s going to get groceries or having them delivered? I vote he goes and gets them.
Old 04-23-2020, 07:45 PM
Master Fan

Something is up with my car. It sounds like a diesel truck. I'm afraid to drive around too much. I had it looked at like a month ago but they said they didn't hear anything. It's worse now.

I need to go to the post office and the bank. I need to get gas which is making me anxious. Tomorrow I need to drop off some food that I picked up for my parents. A friend of mine's father passed away today and I'm waiting to find out what is going on with that. He was a firefighter in town and even chief. I'm sure there is going to be some type of firetruck parade or something.
Old 04-28-2020, 02:20 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Netflix Has Another Borrowed Hit On Its Hands With ‘Waco’

Netflix has a unique power that it seems to be beginning to understand. It can take a halfway decent show, completely ignored on a more traditional TV Network, adopt it into its Netflix family, and then turn it into a hit by the simple fact that it exists on the service.

That’s what we’re seeing with Waco, a series that aired on the Paramount Network back in 2018 that chronicles the real-life standoff at Waco between the government and David Koresh’s cult that killed 74 people.

I had no idea what the Paramount Network was, and I had to do some research to discover that it’s actually what SpikeTV got turned into after it was killed, and CBS wants it to be a competitor with the likes of FX and AMC on cable. Well, I’m not sure that’s gone to plan, but one of its highest profile shows was meant to be Waco, which now is passing itself off as a Netflix production, if you didn’t know any better.

Waco stars Friday Night Lights’ Taylor Kitsch as Koresh and has performances from a huge swath of other talented actors like Michael Shannon, Boardwalk Empire’s Shea Whigham, Supergirl’s Melissa Benoist and Ozark’s Julia Garner. It’s a stacked cast and intense historical topic that looks right at home on Netflix.

But it’s not a Netflix show. And it aired in 2018.

That has not stopped it from appearing in Netflix’s Top 10 list this week, where it currently sits at #5 on the overall list, and is the #2 drama series on the service behind only new Netflix original, Outer Banks.

If you’re wondering when you’ve seen this happen before, it would be for You, the Lifetime serial killer series that ended up becoming a hit when it was ported over to Netflix, so much so that they actually bought it outright and it’s now an official Netflix original going forward, keeping its concept and lead in place.

Waco is likely to be a different story given that A) it’s a miniseries and B) it’s based on an actual event so no, there is not going to be a Waco season 2 unless this becomes sort of cult-focused miniseries where we move on to Jonestown with a new cast next, or something like that.

Waco is being praised for its stellar performances all across its cast, but I’m hearing a lot of good things about Michael Shannon and Shea Whigham specifically. It could be possible that if this does well enough on Netflix, they could recruit John and Drew Dowdle, who made the show, to craft something new for them, if they’re not locked into a deal with Paramount.

I will likely be checking out Waco this week as the 245th show I have watched during quarantine. You may want to give it a shot as well.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas.../#383b8b947627
Old 04-28-2020, 06:21 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I love the high praise!
Old 08-27-2020, 04:34 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

So I wonder if Taylor apparently being involved in this new venture has anything to do with his social media silence...like he might be in the process of being "branded" or switching up his management/agency system at the moment.

I geek out over entertainment news like this, it's very "Entourage"

I picked through the article for some of the high points, the entire thing is at the link.

Quote:
Pete Micelli Pitches Management Venture as ‘Tiffany-Level’ Representation

After gathering a strike team of experienced Hollywood agents for his new management venture, CAA and Entertainment One alum Pete Micelli plans to take aim at the industry’s top talent and top talent agencies.

The new firm is betting big on mega celebrities, “the top 1%” in entertainment and sports, not only as clients but as content farms. The management company will offer “Tiffany-level” representation; develop and acquire co-ownership in celebrity-driven companies (Reese Witherspoon’s Hello Sunshine and Gwyneth Paltrow’s Goop were among example photos used in the pitch materials); production services for clients’ film and television projects; and sponsorship opportunities that jibe with celebrity brands.

The group is also promising clients cash flow amid COVID-19, and a plan to win unrepresented writers as war continues to rage between the Writers Guild of America and CAA and WME.

“The current representation system is broken, lack of transparency has eroded trust,” the strategy reads. “Big agencies do not spend most of their time on the largest earners, agents are distracted by bloated client lists. Smaller firms don’t have high-level executives/staff while larger firms have become too big.”The unnamed venture had been christened Moxie Media in materials circulated to prospective investors (insiders say the company name has since changed) and as a recruiting tool, according to a 20-page document Variety obtained.

Michelli’s organization also sees an opportunity to “curate” content the media giants that clients can own. Inaugural clients of the venture are reported to be Bradley Cooper, Tom Hardy, Keira Knightley, Taylor Kitsch, and Michael Fassbender.
https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/pet...ticle-comments
Closed Thread   Post New Thread